PDA

View Full Version : China Wall and Wells

Brody
November 30th, 2008, 05:13 AM
I thought that I would just take a peak and see what Charles Wells had to say about China Wall. I have new and old versions of his books, so I thought I would look in the index and go to the page it was on...guess again....

I guess China Wall isn't considered enough of a 4x trail to either have it's own listing or to make it in the books whereas something like Stoney Pass does. I quit looking for it as it should have been listed , but maybe was given a mention much like Crystal Mountain Trail. Stoney Pass is listed as an easy 4x4 road and I have driven that road more times in a 2WD than anything else...

Maybe we'll see FS 211 (Makutat Road) listed as a 4x 'trail' in one of his next books. This is also an easy 2WD road that connects 67/126 with Tarryall Road. Probably is already there...dirt road=lock 'em up..go Charles...

Impressed as always...I am about ready to just stick to using traildamage.com information. At least it is right, accurate, trails are actually listed, and it is up to date.

And, no, I won't waste my money or time getting the funtreks books spiral bound. Tinder...maybe

Funrover
November 30th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Hey Pete you have my copy right? I have a little on China Wall.. Let me know what you think!