PDA

View Full Version : my "Salute" to the PO

4Runninfun
November 27th, 2008, 01:16 PM
well i was finally able to take my cylinder head down to have the broken valve guide replaced. The day after i dropped it off i get a call back saying that ALL of my valve guides on the exhaust side are broken. and that they aren't even the right ones! sometimes i wonder what people are thinking when they do this CRAP!!! anyways i'll be spending my turkey day working on the 4runner putting things back together.

here are two of the four...
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/4runner/POS.jpg

Patrolman
November 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Nice. No more "I sound like I drive a diesel" though!

4Runninfun
November 27th, 2008, 01:49 PM
:lol: yeah i know no more being cool...

Patrolman
November 27th, 2008, 01:50 PM
:lol: yeah i know no more being cool...

We can think you are cool though still.

Funrover
November 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
LMAO!!!! but your Toy will no run like it should What is that all about haha

Brody
November 28th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Says something about Yotas when they can still run with the wrong and broken valve guides which takes away some significant power from the powerhouse 4 banger....

And, yeah, I think the word 'thinking' is the key. I run into it all the time on construction sites/jobs. Reminds me of the take off on 'The Sixth Sense' : There are stupid people everywhere. I see them all the time. They walk around and they don't even know that they are dumb.'

Recently we had someone put water (like 10 gallons of it) which was clearly marked into a Bobcat and then wonder why it wouldn't start. It took 5 hours to purge the fuel system and get the Bobcat started.

Another example: We are working on a 5 million dollar home. Everything is expensive. We are having the cleaners cleaning the house and the stained glass company comes in and starts to set up their saw (minus dropcloth) on the freshly vacuumed carpet.

In the future a human being asked an alien why they waited so long to contact the human race. They had known about us for a long time and only contacted us due to some other circumstances. The alien replied that they hadn't contacted us because the general consensus among the aliens was that the human race was too dumb to know that it is dumb.

I have seen or heard nothing to prove this statement wrong...

Tye
November 28th, 2008, 06:06 AM
:help::help::help:

4Runninfun
November 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Says something about Yotas when they can still run with the wrong and broken valve guides which takes away some significant power from the powerhouse 4 banger....

And, yeah, I think the word 'thinking' is the key. I run into it all the time on construction sites/jobs. Reminds me of the take off on 'The Sixth Sense' : There are stupid people everywhere. I see them all the time. They walk around and they don't even know that they are dumb.'

:lol: yeah i think you pretty much nailed it with your statement there. i'm shooting for everything to be put back together today. i'm pretty excited to she how she runs!

Funrover
November 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM
any word yet?

Brody
November 29th, 2008, 04:28 AM
You gonna be able to make the run and see if the engine is running right or did your turkey day get moved around?

4Runninfun
November 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM
unfortunately i won't make it a bunch of other projects have kept creeping up keeping me from my truck, i would have liked to have gone but oh well another time...

Screweder
April 20th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Ouch... I worked on a house one time where the builders used what appeared to be a vaccuum cleaner chord to wire the exhaust fan in the bathroom ceiling... Cudos to Brody, pointing out stupid people.

How much that run to fix the runner?