PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the help today

Pathrat
November 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Today my son and I went down to Littleton, where his car was resting, to put in some new parts and refill fluids, after Aaron made sure we were correct in our diagnostics.
I checked the fan belt housing before we left since it is not intact anymore to make sure it wasn't hitting anything. I had to make a slight adjustments underneath. The car decided to screech in a really annoying manner. I knew Tye was going to be in Brody's driveway doing truck stuff so I figured what better place to stop and get an opinion. Turns out not only did I get to listen to Brody and Tye, but Steve too! Brody fixed my Stupid Move with one of the the distributor cap wires/hoses and sprayed that Can o Magic on the belt. The noise is much better now. We were given a very informed opinion to the root cause so when the car gets brought to the shop, we will have some specifics.

Hunter says: Thanks for helping me out! :thunb:

Funrover
November 23rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Wish I could have been there to help... Glad things are working better!

Pathrat
November 23rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks Aaron, it was an easy job and that is a good thing since it is the first time I have repaired a vehicle with something other than duct tape and a coat hanger.

Brody
November 24th, 2008, 05:28 AM
You're welcome, Pathrat and Hunter! Any time....Hunter seemed to take the digs about his driving in good humor, too...

BTW, the 'can of magic' I was spraying around down there was to try to get oil on the bearing that was squeeking so that we could see which one it was, not on the belt. They do make products that quiet squeeky belts with a spray, but that that wasn't it and the belt itself wasn't the problem....

Tye
November 24th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Thats a good looking Mercedes hes got, they are well built and trustworthy. Thats one thing about Petes "man cave" there is usally something going on and no shortage of suggestions...glad its running and good.

Pathrat
November 24th, 2008, 08:52 PM
BTW, the 'can of magic' I was spraying around down there was to try to get oil on the bearing that was squeeking so that we could see which one it was, not on the belt. They do make products that quiet squeeky belts with a spray, but that that wasn't it and the belt itself wasn't the problem....

Thanks for the clarification. :D I could not remember the name of the product but I know what it looks like.