PDA

View Full Version : the basics of Tire Chains

Pathrat
November 10th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I am guessing most of you know this stuff, but I found the article informative. :)

http://www.tirechain.com/4wor.htm

Funrover
November 10th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I always enjoy those reads...... Thanks!

Brody
November 11th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Speaking of which...I still have the chains if you want to see if we can make them fit your rig..

Thanks for the link!

Jimmy
November 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Those are the folks from whom I bought my chains. I find their system easy to install.

Pathrat
November 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Speaking of which...I still have the chains if you want to see if we can make them fit your rig..

Thanks for the link!

If we can, sure! I am bent on getting a set from someone or somewhere.

Has anyone used those 'mini-chains', the set of two links that strap around like bungees to get you unstuck? They are shown on the tirechain.com site.

Brody
November 12th, 2008, 05:18 AM
The 'mini chains' work and do exactly what they are advertised to do-get you unstuck. They are also limited in the sizing as they are really designed for passenger cars and aren't really suitable for what it sounds like you want chains for. If you want chains for off road. you want agressive truck size chains, which will truly suck when you getback on pavement, snow covered or not.

The chains that I have work very well low speed off road stuff, and tend to start showing their limits over 30 mph...

You might want to stop by ORS and check out the chains that they have for sale...for the price, it would be worth a stop