PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 Terms

Chris
October 19th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I decided to add a 4x4 terms today which you can see in the link in "Quicklinks. This is a member provided directory of 4x4 Terms so if you have the inclination to share your expertise and knowledge with folks visiting this forum please do.

It's pretty much like posting to a thread with minor differences you'll see. A few pics are provided for you to see what I mean. I added a few definitions as an example of how it looks when posted.

Here's a direct link if you can't find the link above. :rolleyes:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/vbglossar.php?do=showcat&catid=1

Pathrat
October 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Supercool Chris! :clap:

Chris
October 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks, there's a lot of knowledge here and it could be very helpful to many people. We just need everyone to add a few and we can get a good collection started. Everyone can contribute. ;)

Brody
October 20th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Thanks, Chris! I'll start adding to this as I get a chance, but at the moment, I am hand transfering all my email contacts over to gmail. I got them all over there ok, but something glitched and I can't select them to send mail...Ahhhhhhhhhh computers.....doncha just love 'em?

Chris
October 20th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Looking forward to your contributions to it Pete!

Good luck with the email, tedious at best :(

Chris
October 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks to SCrubicon & Cowboyjarman for your contributions. :thunb:

Chris
October 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Looking for more contributions to the glossary - please take a few minutes and add ome terms for everyone's benefit.

Here's an example of one thing that makes it cool:

The approach angle and important in off road use as is articulation while camber and caster may be more important for on highway use.

Okay, it's a poorly written sentence but see how it connects with the glossary? Hold your cursor over the little image which precedes the glossary entry...

Pathrat
October 28th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I like the set up. I need a picture demo of caster, I can't formulate a picture in my head.

Chris
October 29th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Picture added, just like any forum pics can be used in the glossary as well.

Tye
October 29th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Sometimes I'm not as smart as I would like to be..

I wanted to add "Pucker" to the Glossary...maybe somebody can step in for me.

Chris
October 29th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Ready to learn? :D

Click on the letter "P" and you'll see there aren't any entries yet.

Click on "Category tools' on the lower right corner, click on "Add New Entry"

There you go! The rest is just like regular thread posting.

Go for it Tye! :thunb:

Chris
October 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks Funrover for your recent additions! :thunb:

Pathrat
October 29th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Picture added, just like any forum pics can be used in the glossary as well.

Thanks, your picture helped me see I was thinking too hard. :)

Brody
October 30th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Pathrat-
Casters are the little wheel things on the bottom of carts and dollies.

Dollies are the plastic humanoid things that kids play with , smaller than life size, with dynell hair...sometimes adults play with plastic 'dollies', too, but they tend to be of the blow up kind and that's and entirely different animal...

'Pucker': the strange expression people get on their faces as they are preparing to kiss each other. Can also be found on peoples' faces when they are imitating the actions of a fish underwater, or immediately after tasting a lemon.

Did you mean something else, Tye??

Hey...just trying to help out....