PDA

View Full Version : Josh had a bad rollover & Josh's Details

Funrover
October 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
He is okay, but the Jeep needs some serious repair. he can tell you the details, but he is okay!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/JeepRollOver002.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/JeepRollOver003.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/JeepRollOver010.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/JeepRollOver015.jpg

Chris
October 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Glad you're okay Josh!

I'll say it first - that sucks but metal can be replaced, very happy you're okay.

Josh
October 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I was heading home Thursday night from Littleton and I normally wear my seat belt but I had forgotten this time. Really dumb move I know. I was just past Castle Rock driving in the left lane on I-25 going about 80 mph. Suddenly the jeep jerked to the right lane and I just missed a truck in that lane. But I slide sideways down the highway and tried to get control but than slid sideways toward the right lane again and hit the ditch at about 80 mph or faster. My head hit the roll bar and probably knocked me out for a few moments, but I do remember rolling a few times. The jeep ended up on the driver side and I was on my belly halfway thrown out the jeep. I was ssooooo.... lucky to survive because it could have been way way way Worse! I didn't have any broken bones but a big cut on my right eye, big gash on the back of my head that took 6 staples to close, and major road rash on my back. I still am not sure what caused the malfunction but I will never drive without my seatbelt ever again. I can't believe I did that and I am very lucky that I didn't die in that wreck.

Chris
October 13th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Very lucky indeed Josh! I lost a brother-in-law to a similar accident at much lower speed. So glad you're okay and didn't get ejected, could have been tragic.

For anyone reading this note the line: "I will never drive without my seatbelt ever again"

(Edit - I merged 2 threads)

Patrolman
October 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Very lucky indeed Josh! I lost a brother-in-law to a similar accident at much lower speed. So glad you're okay and didn't get ejected, could have been tragic.

For anyone reading this note the line: "I will never drive without my seatbelt ever again"

Ditto. Glad that you are "OK" and seat belts are ALWAYS a must in my vehicles.

SCRubicon
October 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Holy hell!!! That looks bad... I'm glad you're still here!

Brody
October 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM
We are glad that you are ok! Bad roll(s) and not getting tossed out of the rig was pure dumb luck. I ahve rolled 6 vehicles, 2 at speed, the others on trails, and, after the first one, I have been wearing my seat belt all the time. Everytime I see stuff like that I am glad that I have my exo cage. I might lose my mirrors and some paint in a bad roll, but that would be all.

There are some pictures of a 77 F150 that I endoed and I wouldn't have walked away from that if I hadn't been wearing the belt! Pictures are in my pictures stuff on the site.

BJs used Jeep parts off of Sheridan and 11th or 12th might be a good source for repair stuff.

Tye
October 13th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Holy Hell is right, glad your ok Josh

Jimmy
October 13th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Wow... you're damn lucky to still be here given the circumstances. Real glad you came through!

4Runninfun
October 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM
we've all had to go through our own "learning lesson" glad you're ok dude! now take the insurance money buy yourself a good cheap DD then chop and cage the jeep!:D

Ric
October 13th, 2008, 08:47 PM
like others have said, Im glad your ok, the vehicle can be replaced, you cant....

Jeepin Chef
October 13th, 2008, 09:15 PM
SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES PERIOD" Josh glad you can type after that . looks Bad,,,But like Chris said metal can be fixed.......

Pathrat
October 13th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Echo-ing everyone else here...good that you are not twisted like your replaceable metal.

Jamie
October 14th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Glad you are alright Josh, Jeeps can be replaced you cannot! If you need any help getting her back on the road let me know.

4Runner3Wheeler
October 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM
First off, glad you made it and learned a lesson.

What caused you to jerk to the right???

I must concur with 4Runninfun that you should not total that jeep if the drivetrain is intact. If the drivetrain is good, it's time for the Sawzall, tube bender, and welder. Your rig is prime for being turned into an offroad monster.

Use the insurance money to buy a Honda and the rest to start rebuilding the rig.

Again, glad you're okay!

we've all had to go through our own "learning lesson" glad you're ok dude! now take the insurance money buy yourself a good cheap DD then chop and cage the jeep!:D

Funrover
October 14th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I talked with him last night about a "BUGGY" I hope he does, that's be sweet!