PDA

View Full Version : Slaughter House

JaBeep
October 7th, 2008, 01:18 PM
A small group traveled into Slaughter House Oct. 5th and noticed that several sections of the trail had been blocked off for restoration. Infact, the road was closed at the second turn for Slaughter House Loop.
The , what I reffer to as " the play ground" was unaccessable.

Great area to travel through for the changing Aspen Leafs..

Jimmy
October 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Yep... http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2982

Brody
October 8th, 2008, 07:29 AM
A small group traveled into Slaughter House Oct. 5th and noticed that several sections of the trail had been blocked off for restoration. Infact, the road was closed at the second turn for Slaughter House Loop.
The , what I reffer to as " the play ground" was unaccessable.

Great area to travel through for the changing Aspen Leafs..

Fancy that! This was the trail that Front Range was asked to help the Colorado Go4s on for a 'trail clean up'. It also included a section on how we, as a group and in conjunction with the FS, would be closing off sections of the trail, such as the mudpits (playground) and the start of Crow Gulch.

I posted a reply that basically stated that I wouldn't be a party to any supposed trail clean ups that included helping the FS close off sections of trails. We got another request along the same lines for Carnage/Left Hand...'please come help with the clean up...and, oh, by the way, we are going to be closing off Carnage, perhaps forever'. I again posted that we, as people who use these trails, should think twice about helping to close off already dwindling 4x4 roads. After all, we are trying to keep trails open with our clean up work, not help the FS do their dirty work.

So now we have sections of Slaughterhouse closed off and Carnage Canyon Boulder closed off. Everyone who helped with this should stand up and take a bow as everyone else in the 4x4 community REALLY APPRECIATES YOUR EFFORTS TO CLOSE TRAILS.

YEAH RIGHT..And I do have an attitude about this because it shows a serious lack of thinking on the part of anyone who helped with closing the trails. Trails usually do not get reopened after they get closed....

JaBeep
October 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Yep, yet another tube steel gate and pad lock. :bang:

Funrover
October 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Never done that trail....and at this rate never will.

DETN8R
October 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I'll try to post of the few pics I did take.

Pathrat
October 12th, 2008, 11:19 AM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/HomeArtSlices_01.jpg