PDA

View Full Version : Intro time..

ShutUpHippie
October 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Hey, my name is Rob and I drive a 1996 Jeep Cherokee: I6 4.0 high output, 5spd manual, 3.5" Rubicon Express, 31" dick cepecs.

4Runninfun
October 6th, 2008, 03:48 PM
welcome to FR! btw i think you should have cartman as your avatar :lol:

Funrover
October 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Welcome!

Chris
October 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
:welcome: ShutUpHippe! How about a location and some pics!

Brody
October 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the site! Looking forward to meeting you and doing some wheeling!

Hope that you enjoy it. Bunch of good folks here...

ShutUpHippie
October 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
It's funny that you say that, because I have a bumper sticker on the back that I had made, and I had no idea Cartman was so hardcore about the hippies. Maybe I should put him on the back too..

ShutUpHippie
October 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
:welcome: ShutUpHippe! How about a location and some pics!
Well location is Broomfield, CO.. but Gunnison, CO right now for school - one year left! Gotta search the computer for pics, I am usually the driver and I am the only one with a camera, so I don't have a ton sadly.

Chris
October 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Pathrat
October 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Good one! I have a fridge magnet that has Cartman screaming, "screw you hippie!" What a great episode. Love your post Chris!!!!

Anyways, not to jack your thread more than I already have...Welcome to FR4x4!

KnuckleHead
October 6th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Welcome aboard.....

ShutUpHippie
October 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM
It's hilarious the amount of people who complain about the usage of fuel (petroleum products, foreign and domestic) and things related, but still going wheeling with me...

4Runninfun
October 6th, 2008, 10:05 PM
shhhhhh don't point out their hypocrisies they really HATE that! :lol:

SCRubicon
October 7th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Welcome to Front Range!!!

Brody
October 7th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Ok....Who is Cartman? Great picture, Chris! The guy looks like he is about to really get down on a Boney Joney tune...

Chris
October 7th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Ok....Who is Cartman? Great picture, Chris! The guy looks like he is about to really get down on a Boney Joney tune...

I had to google Cartman myself. :lol:

Funrover
October 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I find it funny, our wise elders don't know of Cartman... LMAO!!!!

4runner freak
October 7th, 2008, 08:50 AM

Yeah, we know who Cartman is, but who is ...

Boney Joney
:D

Chris
October 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM

But we do know hippies :lol:

Funrover
October 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM

LMAO very true!

ShutUpHippie
October 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Going to school in Gunnison,CO... we have a surplus here. I could go on for days, better not get me started on it. :rant:

Funrover
October 7th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Going to school in Gunnison,CO... we have a surplus here. I could go on for days, better not get me started on it. :rant:

Be glad you aren't in Boulder!

Pathrat
October 7th, 2008, 09:43 PM

You have my South Park dvds so you can find out exactly who Cartman is

Pathrat
October 7th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Boney Joney? I guess I don't know real hippies, only familiar with the "college know it all hippie" Brody, you have got to watch the South Park where Cartman drives the hippies out of town.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/sp902_Die_Hippy_Die.jpg

Chris
October 8th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I guess I don't know real hippies, only familiar with the "college know it all hippie Brody"

Fixed it for you. :D

Brody
October 8th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Ah...Boney Jony is Jony Mitchell, a favorite as far as singing songs around the campfire and firing up a spliff. Rates about as high as hearing a loud and long rendition of Kumbaja ..or however you spell it...Anyway, stuff you would prefer to not hear from my perspective.

And I was never a real hippie cause I couldn't get behind the 'peace, love, dove, turn the other cheek, flowers in gun barrels' crapola. I usually carried some sort of weapon, if someone pointed a gun at me, I wanted to be able to point one back, and if someone proposed doing bodily harm to me or mine, I was more than willing to respond with violence. More of a redneck with weapons, atitude, long hair, who hung out with Weatherman, Black Panthers and other radical riff raff, and who liked to party a lot, than a stereotype hippie.

And along the way I did manage a college degree or two, but a know it all, I am not...

Pathrat
October 8th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Fixed it for you. :D

hahahaha :p

Pathrat
October 8th, 2008, 09:35 PM
And I was never a real hippie cause I couldn't get behind the 'peace, love, dove, turn the other cheek, flowers in gun barrels' crapola. I usually carried some sort of weapon, if someone pointed a gun at me, I wanted to be able to point one back, and if someone proposed doing bodily harm to me or mine, I was more than willing to respond with violence. More of a redneck with weapons, atitude, long hair, who hung out with Weatherman, Black Panthers and other radical riff raff, and who liked to party a lot, than a stereotype hippie.

And along the way I did manage a college degree or two, but a know it all, I am not...

You have given me answers for each auto question I have ever had, therefore to me, you are a know-it-all sans attitude. :)

Weathermen...serious??? Wow. Hippies didn't have enough intensity, did they?

Brody
October 9th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Hippies had no intensity...unless it was during a flashback. Great idea-world peace, etc, etc, but rather pathetic if you had your eyes open. A lot of people were attracted to this more for an easy escape from reality than anything else. Granted, reality might not be all that it is cracked up to be, but where else ya gonna go....

Violence in the streets..and not just here, Vietnam, civil rights, eco disasters, oil, etc. Substitute Middle East for Vietnam and things haven't changes all that much....

Chris
October 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Weatherman, Black Panthers and other radical riff raff

That makes you a domestic terrorist. :rolleyes:

Brody
October 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Makes me someone with an attitude about any government bodies-US or otherwise...

"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is elected king"
or, since it is election time

"In the land of the witless, the half-wit is crowned"

Roostercruiser
October 10th, 2008, 08:07 AM
welcome everybody here mademe feel at home so im extending the with welcome to you ( i dont know cartman either)