PDA

View Full Version : Job Hunting!

Patrolman
September 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
A hunting I shall go, a hunting I shall go...

Looking for something business related. Have my MBA and a couple years working in Operations Management. What is that you ask? It is basically about optimization and efficiencies. Making more $ with your current resources. Often applies to transportation, manufacturing, and scheduling employees. Can be applied to most any business environment though. I am not 100% set on remaining in Operations Management. My previous background was in Healthcare and my MBA work was mostly in Healthcare Administration.

Anyone have any leads? Would even consider a part time position or contract work to start. Willing to hear anyone out! Thanks!

Funrover
September 25th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I hear you man... I am looking for a job also.... You are just more educated... But I will keep eye'ear out for ya

Patrolman
September 25th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Learning that years experience counts for more than education. Frustrating, but eventually it will all come together!

SCRubicon
September 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I've been on the hunt since July :(

Patrolman
September 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately I have been out of work since long before that. I was ill with Lyme Disease though which took a considerable time to get over. Now that I am better, the job market blows!

Pathrat
September 25th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry guys, I only know about my highly specialized field. I am either going to fill a vacancy Tuesday or make one. If I hear of anything in the corporate side, I will let you know.

gragravar
September 25th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I'll keep my eye out for you. My background is high tech product management and product operations, and I am currently in an ops program management job. If I see anything around I'll pass it along.

Brody
September 26th, 2008, 05:51 AM
So people, this is the reason that I started the networking forum, to help people find work. It is still there, unless Chris moved it (because I hadn't done anything with it), and my thought would be to post there what you do and what you are interested in doing for work. If it is not, then I would be happy to start it up again.

Patrolman
September 26th, 2008, 10:17 AM
So people, this is the reason that I started the networking forum, to help people find work. It is still there, unless Chris moved it (because I hadn't done anything with it), and my thought would be to post there what you do and what you are interested in doing for work. If it is not, then I would be happy to start it up again.

I looked around for the networking forum. Couldn't locate it. I think it was moved or deleted, hence the post here. If it has been moved, feel free to move this thread. Would be my bad. Thanks Brody!

Chris
September 26th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I removed it, 6 months with no use, I think this will work just fine in place of it unless you all decide I should put it back.

Funrover
September 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I removed it, 6 months with no use, I think this will work just fine in place of it unless you all decide I should put it back.

I think you should hire me to put it back and keep it going LOL;)

Patrolman
September 26th, 2008, 03:42 PM
If Aaron isn't qualified, I will take a crack at it.

Anyone else on here on LinkedIn? If you think you may be looking for a job EVER again, it is a good site. Better to do some work on it and never need it than have a crisis and not have it.

Chris
September 26th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I'll hire ya both and pay you triple what I make.

You do the math - 3x$0 :D

Pathrat
September 26th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I'll hire ya both and pay you triple what I make.

You do the math - 3x$0 :D

but is there a good dental plan? :D

Patrolman
September 27th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Does it involve string and a doorknob? Or a baseball bat?

Ric
September 27th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Im also "LinkedIn" http://www.linkedin.com/in/riclopez (http://www.linkedin.com/in/riclopez) I almost for got about it, lol

Patrolman
September 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Invite sent.

Ric
September 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM
done :cool:

Ric
September 29th, 2008, 10:21 PM
having any luck with the Linkedin ? check out my profile if your interested call me, ifnot, no harm.

Patrolman
September 30th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Still cruising LinkedIn for stuff. It is a good site, but time consuming. I start with a broad search and then start to narrow things down. Will keep you posted!

Patrolman
November 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Ok, so I have been seeing a career counselor. Still nothing nailed down yet, but at least I am making progress.

I have created a target list of companies that likely have the positions that I am seeking and are in the industries that I am experienced/educated in.

I have previous experience in Healthcare and completed my MBA with an emphasis in Healthcare Administration. Most recently I worked in the transportation industry though making strategic business decisions and implementation. Also conducted statistical analysis and reporting. I am not limiting myself to any particular industry which is why you see a list of "other" industries as well.

Maybe someone will find something here that rings a bell? I am obviously not limiting myself to these specific organizations. They should just provide a "guide" as to what I am looking for. Please feel free to speak up if there might be a organization I should look into or if you know of a position within an organization.

HEALTHCARE:
Kaiser Permanente
HealthOne (Swedish)
United Healthcare
Medical Group Management Assoc.
Thomson Healthcare
Spalding Hospital
Craig Hospital
Valley Hope Association
Vital Signs Colorado
Triumph Hospital
CCS Medical
Mc Kesson Corp
Aspen Healthcare Metrics
Trizetto
Physician Health Partners
Visiting Nurse Assoc.

TRANSPORTATION:
ABF
Forward Air
RTD
UPS
Burlington Northern
Graebel Movers
Johnson Moving and Storage
Knight Trucking
Penske Truck Leasing
US Postal Service
Smart Move, Inc.

OTHER ASSORTED COMPANIES:
First Data Corporation
Stolle Machinery
Costco
Mc Graw-Hill
Lincoln Building Corp
Ch2m Hill
Lerch Bates Inc.
Luchetta Operating Company
Saunders Construction Inc.
Systems View
Fluensee
Trautman & Shreve Inc.
Timera
Seven Up Bottling Group
Koala Corporation
VISTAR Corporation
J-W Machinery
Larson-Juhl
College/University
Sundyne
Thomson Reuters
Denver Water
Charter Global Inc.
WIS International
Thomson-Reuters
DirecTv

And any College/University... I could teach as I have my MBA and business experience...

Brody
November 6th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Add Bonfils. A friend of mine, Bear AKA 4LoLo, works there and seems to be happy. Also add National Jewish, Porter, and Holy Tony's (St Anthonys)

Pathrat
November 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I see that you have HealthOne (Swedish) listed...why limit it to Swedish? P/SL, my home hospital is a HealthOne facility and we are expanding. We broke ground not too long ago for the new Children and Mother's Hospital. Also under HealthOne are North Suburban and the Medical Center of Aurora. Centura runs the following local hospitals:
Avista Adventist
Littleton Adventist
Porter
Parker Hospital (this hospital is increasing their patient load)

SkyRidge is picking up and I believe they are HealthOne.

Don't forget the University Hospital System and Rose Hospital too, they are really large.

Patrolman
November 13th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I forgot about Bonfils, but would gladly take a look at them. Bear? Any help with some advice for them? PM me if you can help.

I am anti-CHI, so no St A's, or other associated orgs. Used to work for them and it was a miserable experience. That was the last healthcare organization I worked with before I took a vacation from heathcare.

I mentioned Swedish as they are obviously expanding and I literally live next door. Easy commute. I would not be opposed to any of the other HealthOne sites as well. Doesn't even need to be a hospital. A clinic or medical support structure like MGMA would work.

I am certainly open to non-healthcare related companies as well. My MBA fits well into numerous industries and I am always looking to expand my horizons!

Pathrat
November 13th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I forgot another site, there is a new orthopedic hospital across from St. Joe's right by PSL.

Roostercruiser
November 25th, 2008, 08:50 AM
if anybody is still looking for a job the place i work is always hiring and if you have a class a license you could make between $750 to over $2000 per week depending on how hard you are willing to work and what routes are availble and it like a 24 hr fitness . its Core-Mark Int. and its like food service delivery but convniance stores

Patrolman
December 19th, 2008, 07:23 PM
So I interviewed with Dish Network last week. Got to #4 interview basically. No offer. They accepted another candidate. I think I might have lucked out as it seems like a really poor place to work. SO, still looking. Good news is opportunities keep coming around.

Chris
December 20th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I'm glad you're making progress Jeff. Also glad you didn't end up getting an offer at a place you wouldn't be happy with.

:cheers: