PDA

View Full Version : FR4x4 Meet-n-greet

4Runninfun
September 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
It occurred to me that it's been quite a long while since we've had one. Why don't we get another one planned. I vote some place in castle rock that way people from either the springs or denver don't have to drive too far. off-hand i know their is the brewery which might work as a location. lets get some ideas going...:thunb:

Chris
September 22nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
I agree, it's time to start planning one.

Funrover
September 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Sweet... lets plan this

SCRubicon
September 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
It occurred to me that it's been quite a long while since we've had one. Why don't we get another one planned. I vote some place in castle rock that way people from either the springs or denver don't have to drive too far. off-hand i know their is the brewery which might work as a location. lets get some ideas going...:thunb:

The Rockyard??? http://www.rockyard.com/

4Runninfun
September 22nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
yup that'd be it steve. how far out should we plan this? would a weekday eve. work for people? that way we don't have to cut into our wheeling time? or should we keep this for a weekend?

Chris
September 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
IIRC we did a Saturday last time and said 'hell with wheeling' but recall many suggesting we incorporate a run next time.

Pathrat
September 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
I would want to keep this as a weekend thing, being as many of us will be travelling up or down a ways so we can be fair to everyone's starting location. A weekday would keep me in, due to work and kids at home needing to do homework and be attended and such.

Still, I am happy to hear we are thinking of a locale with room and parking for all of us. :)

gragravar
September 22nd, 2008, 09:29 PM
I'd love to come out and meet you all.

4Runninfun
September 22nd, 2008, 09:59 PM
no problem we'll keep it a weekend. would the weekend of oct 25,26 work for people? or do we want to do it sooner or later.

Pathrat
September 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM
I'd love to come out and meet you all.

Echo on this, there are lots of people on here I have not met yet but would like to.

4Runninfun
September 22nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
Thats exactly why i'm brining this up, there are a bunch of new members since our last meet-n-greet.

Funrover
September 22nd, 2008, 11:49 PM
I can't do the 25 or 26

I am up for the 18th or 19th of OCT

Brody
September 23rd, 2008, 05:46 AM
Sounds good to me. How about we do a breakfast meet and greet and then a trail run? If we meet towards the south of town, we can do Dakan Mountain, Metberry Gulch, Mt Herman Road to Balanced rock...any of those, and still get back at a reasonable time. Besides, all of those runs are ok for all rigs...stockers to lockers..

Chris
September 23rd, 2008, 06:53 AM
I think it'll depend on how many people plan to show up. We could end up with a lot more than would make a fun run.

What if we had 40 trucks show up? :lol:

Patrolman
September 23rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
I am tentatively out for either weekend as I will be in UTAH! :)

4Runner3Wheeler
September 23rd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Either weekend would likely be good for me, but my birthday is the 18th so if we did something this day, I'd like to be back in town at a reasonable hour. I like Brody's idea about a breakfast meet and greet, then good ol' wheeling.

I've been wondering about an event like this. Good call on rallying the troops.

It may be a good incentive for attendance to offer Tshirts at this outing that support the group; even if they are just basic black and white and say www.frontrange4x4.com (http://www.frontrange4x4.com) like the stickers.

Funrover
September 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
I don't know if I could go wheeling also.. gonna have to talk to the misses about that!

Tye
September 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Breakfast & Wheeling...Beer & B.S....:bang:

Either sounds good to me, it has been a while since we've all been together since schedules keep us all busy and cant always get together :thunb:

Brody
September 23rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Who cares how many rigs show up? We had quite a few last time and probably will have more this time. other people on the trail will have to be patient, as will we. A little ungainly, maybe, but should be fun. Making any lights all at the same time would be interesting....Maybe we could hire some funeral guys as outriders and all turn our lights on?

4Runninfun
September 23rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
why don't we plan a breakfast and then whoever wants to wheel afterwards can? what time works best for people 9? 10?

for wheeling i'm thinking dakan or hidden. i havn't done either.

Funrover
September 23rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
why don't we plan a breakfast and then whoever wants to wheel afterwards can? what time works best for people 9? 10?

You're gonna wheel :eek::eek::eek::eek: LOL I hope I can

RLMS
September 23rd, 2008, 08:37 PM

what would be the date....im comfused

justin

Pathrat
September 23rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
I am tentatively out for either weekend as I will be in UTAH! :)

:p I am jealous.

unless of course I am down there too.

Pathrat
September 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
I don't think I have anything going either weekend, so far. I am up for any trail around there too. My preferred start is 10am, being the lazy morning slug that I am.

Funrover
September 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
So can we do the 18th???? Will that work for most???

Brody
September 24th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Jon

What's 'hidden'? I assume it is a trail, but 'hidden' where? Or am I just missing something??

Do you want or need some 1/2x3x14 steel stock? Got a couple pieces I picked up from work.

4runner freak
September 24th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Unfortunately, my upcoming weekends are booked.
I'll be out of town the 11th and 18th, and we are most likely going to do a B&B for our anniversary(20th) on the 25th.
I will keep an eye on the plans and let you all know if I can somehow make it.

Danny

4Runninfun
September 24th, 2008, 08:27 AM
brody i never turn away steel. :) oh and i was talking about hidden valley.

4Runninfun
September 24th, 2008, 08:34 AM
lets get a vote going either yes for oct 18th at 10am or no and we'll push it back to nov. Chris if you could turn this thread into a poll i think that will help keep things simple.

Pathrat
September 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
, and we are most likely going to do a B&B for our anniversary(20th) on the 25th.

Danny

Did I read this right? You have been married for almost 20 years??? What kind of anti-aging treatments are you using and where can I get them???
Congratulations!

Brody
September 24th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Jon

That steel is yours-we just gotta hook up. There is also a chance for me to get some pieces of 3/8x3 1/2x 3 1/2 angle that is left over from the masons. If I can, you are welcome to that, too. The angle is big, but great for plates and other stuff. I'll holler...

Checking the schedule for the 18th..

Hidden Valley is an off shoot of Dakan Mtn, right?

4Runninfun
September 24th, 2008, 07:07 PM
awesome, and yes it's around that same area IIRC.

Funrover
September 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Just a little longer.... Can a bone stock XJ do those trails?

Brody
September 29th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Aaron-These are trails that people do take bone stock rigs on...I was(as were a lot of my rock climbing friends) surprised to see some of these trails in a 4x book as we had all driven them in Hondas, Volvos, and other beaters...

Funrover
September 29th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Cool, then I have a better chance of wheeling afterwards!

BLUE THUNDER
September 29th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hey don't they close rampart area on oct.1 and reopen april 1. or was it dec.1, I know it was one of them.

snwy_mnt_jeep
September 29th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I may be in for both, m & G and some wheelin after :D gotta make sure though, the wifey has a b-day on the 19th.... I will try and be there though:thunb:

Are there any "obsticles'' to play on, on these trails??

Pathrat
September 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM
did we decide on a date while I was out of town? :confused:

4Runninfun
September 29th, 2008, 11:06 PM
last i checked the poll but we were still almost dead even, so no date has been set yet.

solid rock
September 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM
if you all want to wheel, then eat after, we have a park down from my house with plenty of parking that we can do a BBQ at.
i live in founders, up the hill outside of castle rock.
there is a king soopers right down the road so you not have to haul your food while wheeling

from what hear,HV has been grated over. good for stockers. ( i rolled my fj60 up there a year ago)

oh yeah, i'm up for this run!

Brody
September 30th, 2008, 05:34 AM
The high part of Rampart gets closed sometime in November-before Jackson Creek on the north side and about 4 miles past FR324 on the south side.

Chris
September 30th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I took the poll down after coming to the realization 'we' aren't poll takers. :lol:

Chris
September 30th, 2008, 06:50 AM
did we decide on a date while I was out of town? :confused:

How did the Meet-the-Parents go?

Pathrat
September 30th, 2008, 07:27 PM
How did the Meet-the-Parents go?

It went quite well, thanks for asking. :) It was interesting talking shop with a doctor who started his residency right after WWII. I am allowed to be a member of the family by marriage.

[hijack off]

Chris
September 30th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Congratulations :)

Geckodude18
September 30th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I would I to come out and meet all you guys but I don't know what day you guys pick.

Brody
October 1st, 2008, 06:55 AM
Why doesn't someone (Chris) just set a time, place and date, and call it good enough.Those of us that can make it will and those of us that can't will have to try to make the next one. No matter what, some people aren't going to be able to come and you sure aren't going to please everyone with your choice. Post whether or not it is going to be a morning meet with a trail run (and what trail) or do we take BBQ stuff, etc. Screw democracy and just set the parameters-we will either be there or not....

At the moment, I don't see any time , date, or place posted either so am unable to plan around it.

Funrover
October 1st, 2008, 08:53 AM
OCT 18

Not sure a good place, so lets gets the place decided.. Lets say 10:00 a.m.

Chris
October 1st, 2008, 08:58 AM
Okay, Oct 18th @ 10:00 am - somewhere in Castle Rock seems good. Where in that area would work?

:cheers:

Chris
October 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM
Anyone? :confused:

Brody
October 1st, 2008, 06:34 PM
I don't know Castle Rock, but lets get Jim to suggest a place as he lives there. Most of the trail access can be had through Monument via Mt Herman Road or through Sedelia via 105 (there are two spots for Dakan Mt off of 105, about 8 miles apart), so that makes it easy to get to also.

Patrolman
October 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry, I am out. Hope that everyone has a great time!

Chris
October 1st, 2008, 08:17 PM
I don't know Castle Rock, but lets get Jim to suggest a place as he lives there. Most of the trail access can be had through Monument via Mt Herman Road or through Sedelia via 105 (there are two spots for Dakan Mt off of 105, about 8 miles apart), so that makes it easy to get to also.

Sounds good to me, how about it Jim? The grilling idea sounds good but the weather may be iffy.

:thunb:

Funrover
October 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Where we went the last time was pretty good..... it's an idea

Pathrat
October 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm with Brody on this one, let someone who knows pick.

Either way, just post specifics so I don't get lost. :D

Funrover
October 1st, 2008, 10:16 PM
I'm with Brody on this one, let someone who knows pick.

Either way, just post specifics so I don't get lost. :D

I don't think it'll help.. you seem to be lost in general LOL :lol::p

Pathrat
October 1st, 2008, 10:20 PM
I don't think it'll help.. you seem to be lost in general LOL :lol::p

Only when I follow this big green Rover thing...the driver is a real smart-*** who likes big weiners, I mean hot dogs :D

Funrover
October 1st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Only when I follow this big green Rover thing...the driver is a real smart-*** who likes big weiners, I mean hot dogs :D

You gotta look out for that guy.... I hear he causes a lot of trouble... ;) Good news though... He is a smart***, not a dumb*** HAHAHAHAHA:lol:

gragravar
October 2nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
I think I can make the 18th. at least for the meet and greet if not for wheeling afterward. I'll try to keep my schedule open though.

You all bringing families along too?

Sorry I cant be much help, but I really dont know castle rock very well.

Chris
October 2nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
If someone remembers where we met last time let's use them again, assuming they're open in the morning.

Geckodude18
October 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
I will try and get the day off but most likely I won't, but I can try and talk them in to letting me work later so I can pop up and say hi....If I can go wheeling I might be able to get my friend to come out if he is not doing anything.

Brody
October 3rd, 2008, 05:32 AM
My mind is going I guess...Didn't we do the last one around Pork Meadows??

Maybe one of us should call Jim at SROR and get a suggestion from him. Sounds like he is too busy to answer e-mail.

Roostercruiser
October 3rd, 2008, 05:59 AM
its hard for me and only could meet on friday afternoon or sat because im a profesional tourist(trck drvr) and am gone sunday afternoon to fridayafternoon my schudule sucks but it pays the bills and my wife does not have to work and dont have to pay daycare. I would like to meet you guys one day

Chris
October 3rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
My mind is going I guess...Didn't we do the last one around Pork Meadows??

Mine too :o Ladawn set it up with them, maybe she remembers?

Maybe one of us should call Jim at SROR and get a suggestion from him. Sounds like he is too busy to answer e-mail.

Jim's having computer issues. :(

solid rock
October 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM
hey guys!

we have the rock yard and a new great BBQ place right by the outlet mall off I25 and founders/meadows exit.
the BBQ place has some pretty tasty food and fairly reasonable.
there is also the sadalia bar & grill right off sante fe and the 105 is right there to head over to H/V and Dakan trail.

my.02

Pathrat
October 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Ummm, pardon my lack of being able to follow a thread this time, but I thought we were meeting at 10am. While smoked pig soaked in sauce is great, I don't know if it's what's for breakfast. :confused:

I thought we were looking at 10am and still debating the location and picking trail around Rampart/Mt Herman. OR am I wrong? :)

Chris
October 4th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Ummm, pardon my lack of being able to follow a thread this time, but I thought we were meeting at 10am. While smoked pig soaked in sauce is great, I don't know if it's what's for breakfast. :confused:

I thought we were looking at 10am and still debating the location and picking trail around Rampart/Mt Herman. OR am I wrong? :)

About the only thing that has been decided is this:

Oct 18th @ 10:00 am - somewhere in Castle Rock seems good. Where in that area would work?

Yes, we're floundering here.

Gate Monkey
October 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I actually think smoked pig soaked in sauce would be good any time of day, but eggs are good too.

Gate Monkey
October 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I don't think I have anything going either weekend, so far. I am up for any trail around there too. My preferred start is 10am, being the lazy morning slug that I am.
Pathrat, Should I bring my rig too? Or just catch a ride with you. :)

Chris
October 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I agree, just so we don't go to a sushi place! :eek:

Maybe we should do the run first, then eat, meet & greet. :confused:

Chris
October 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Hard to argue that reasoning, let's do it. Now we just need a trail and meeting place decided. :thunb:

Funrover
October 4th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Hmmmm..... So what trail?

Pathrat
October 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
There cannot be BBQ without beer, and there cannot be beer before wheeling, so let's meet @ 10:00 and do the run and then BBQ in castle rock or wherever @ 3:00ish.

We need to get serious that 10:00 am is entirely to early to be remotely social :D

I CONCUR ON ALL COUNTS!:2thumbs:

Funrover
October 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I CONCUR ON ALL COUNTS!:2thumbs:

You just want to sleep in! LOL

solid rock
October 4th, 2008, 09:06 PM
ok, so i don't read the whole thread.

if we meet at 10 am, then there are plenty of places to meet.

to make it easy, how bout the southwest parking lot at the outlet mall, across the street from macdonalds or lowes parking lot?

Chris
October 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM
to make it easy, how bout the southwest parking lot at the outlet mall, across the street from macdonalds or lowes parking lot?

Done! Now we just need a trail - what do you suggest that's in your backyard Jim?

Pathrat
October 4th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Chris, I have a request:

when the trail is picked could we do a separate post stating where and when, and all the specifics, and ask those who are going to say count me in?

I assume we are talking about the outlet mall in Castle Rock, but I never go there so something like an 1-25 exit would be useful. Sure I can look stuff up, but it would be nice to have just a single post with all the details once we have them, then people can post attendance, like some of the other posts. If so, then thank you!

Chris
October 4th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Sure, usually have another with details so people can post if they'll make it.

Who's picking a trail? I don't know the area myself.

Jim? Brody? Nay? Someone? Anyone!

:help:

Edit: No 'flop' trails Jim :D

FourLo
October 5th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Just a thought.... Illinois Gulch

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=222

Are kids allowed? Is so I'm in.

Brody
October 5th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Kids are allowed and I think that quite a few folks are bringing thiers...

I think we should have a few trails to do on the list: Illionis Gulch looked cool, but won't work for a stocker. I think a few people are bringing thier stock rigs, too. Most of the other trails in the area have already been mentioned: Dakan Mtn, Hidden Valley, Balanced Rock, etc. All of these trails are, once again, accessible from either Sedalia and 105, or Mt Herman via Monument and Rampart Range Road.

Let's get an idea for who is coming and driving what, then just post the trail we are doing, meeting time, place, etc and call it good enough. "Meeting in the southwest corner of some mall" doesn't cut it for me. It is too vague and then we all spend 1 hour or more trying to figure out where to eat, which direction is SW, what turn off of what road, what trail...ditto with no directions...

Nice idea for the meet n' greet and all, but let's get a little more dialed in as to where, when, trail, place to eat/BBQ, directions, etc. etc. Then just post it and do it...

solid rock
October 5th, 2008, 09:11 AM
don't care what trail. dakan can be done with a stocker and i'm not sure about the condition of HV but it MIGHT be doable with a stocker.
i might be able to do a pre-run up to HV and check it out.
first i have to replace a motor mount.

illinois looks fun but not for stockers i guess.
dakan has plenty of places to pull over and hang out thru the ride to stretch legs.

Q:Nice idea for the meet n' greet and all, but let's get a little more dialed in as to where, when, trail, place to eat/BBQ, directions, etc. etc. Then just post it and do it...

Lowes parking lot would probably be the easiest place to meet.
the BBQ place is right there also.
easy,easy to find.

do the final post and we can go from there.

jim

Funrover
October 5th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Kids are always allowed man!

solid rock
October 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
hey, whats the day/date we are looking at here?

Chris
October 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Oct 18th @ 10:00 am, Lowe's parking lot in Castle Rock. Help us out here Jim, we just need a trail!

solid rock
October 5th, 2008, 07:24 PM
hey dave, you check out hidden valley with me to see how looks for the stockers?

rock yard is much bigger than the BBQ.
i say rock yard.

Chris
October 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Okay, here's what we'll do - Dakan, maybe Hidden Valley depending on time and how much bs'ing we do on Dakan. We'll meet at 10:00 am in the Lowe's parking lot in Castle Rock by the Mcdonalds/discount mall. This is on Oct 18th.

Chris
October 5th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Post on this thread if you'll be there, keep the chat here.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15454#post15454

solid rock
October 5th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Let me know a time that works and I'll see if I can get away. You thinking during the week? I won't be able to do it next weekend since we're running Wheeler Lake.

i have a motor mount to replace, maybe the first of next week?

Roostercruiser
October 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM
9 out of 10 sarah and i could make it. can the dodge dakota make it on the trails? i would like to meet all of yall