PDA

View Full Version : Bill Moore Lake

Dirt Claude
September 16th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Decide to ditch work yesterday and get out of town with the family. I choose Bill Moore Lake because it's close by for a good day trip and I wasn't too worried about running solo since it's not far from town. The trail was dry for the most part with a few wet spots from the snow a few days ago.

The trail has become more tame since the last time I ran it, which would have been a couple of years ago. It's as though some of the more challenging obstacles had been graded. Mainly the "rock chute" which has the big "V" at the end. Also, some of the moguls further up the trail have been filled in. Anybody else run this lately?

Anyways we had a great time and enjoyed the secenary.

- Brad

Funrover
September 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
beautiful pics! I have not done that trail yet!

Dirt Claude
September 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM
It's a great trail that offers amazing views! It's pretty mild, but has some fun parts, it can be done in a stock 4x4 with some finesse.
It was great to run it on a week day when there's less crowds.
There's also some old mine shafts on the way up which is fun for everybody.

Funrover
September 16th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Awsome, maybe next summer.... I can't get to it this year... Do you live in Alice??? I thought I saw your rig there

Dirt Claude
September 16th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Nope, I'm down in Castle Rock. I believe Joe lives in Alice and he has a poo-brown Cruiser too.

Funrover
September 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
DOH!!!

Chris
September 16th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Joe (mtnfj) lives in Alice and also has a brown FJ60, so you got the truck right. ;)

Jeepin Chef
September 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
:(Very Nice..Havent been up there this season...Like to thoe.

Pathrat
September 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Awsome, maybe next summer.... I can't get to it this year... Do you live in Alice??? I thought I saw your rig there

We passed by Joe's house on our Stock Run, his rig was in the driveway