PDA

View Full Version : My fleet

Dustin G
August 9th, 2023, 03:23 PM
My 98 ZJ
Bought slightly used in 2003 when I was 21. Where it all began. This year means 20 years of Jeeping and Jeep maintenance! HAHA
290K miles, 7" custom lift designed my me. 3 link front, triangulated 4 link in the rear. "Frame" stiffeners. 35s, locked up front. Armor. And lights abound for night wheeling.

Dustin G
August 9th, 2023, 03:29 PM
The Willys. 1947 CJ-2A
I bought this right after moving to CO. Was a steal on CL so I had to get it. One day i will rebuild and wheel it. Today is not that day. It does run and drive but not very well.
If there are any Willys pros on here I am in serious need of some education on it.

Dustin G
August 9th, 2023, 03:32 PM
2004 WJ Overland
3" IRO lift. Rear bumper. 33s. Stock everything else.
This is the Snow/Overlanding Jeep.
Technically my wifes wheeler.

Tom
August 9th, 2023, 03:35 PM
Nice. James (finocj) would just love cj2a

Dustin G
August 9th, 2023, 03:35 PM
My wifes daily.
1999 2 door 2wd XJ. 4.0l

Dustin G
August 9th, 2023, 03:42 PM
My daily/tow pig/weekend warrior
2010 Ram Power Wagon
All the armors.

FINOCJ
August 9th, 2023, 09:27 PM
The Willys. 1947 CJ-2A
I bought this right after moving to CO. Was a steal on CL so I had to get it. One day i will rebuild and wheel it. Today is not that day. It does run and drive but not very well.
If there are any Willys pros on here I am in serious need of some education on it.

Nice. James (finocj) would just love cj2a

Unfortunately, I left Colo (and thus my daily connection to FR4x4) a little over a year ago - but it does seem I was a bit of the old iron rep and specifically old jeep supporter and user. Post up any question, and I might be able to help you out. If nothing else, I can probably get you in contact with the right people....a couple good online forums for early jeeps includes ecj5.com, the cj2apage.com and possibly oldwillysforum.com. I am a member and admin on ecj5 (and yes, while its the ONLY site for early cj5s - there are a lot of good flatfender guys on there as well). the cj2a page is great for more original build type questions and some modifications, and old willys forum is a bit more geared towards wagons and trucks, but the flatfender cj aspect is growing. One good thing is that most all of these old willys pretty much used all the same components for things like engines, trans/TC, axles etc...

And in case your looking to add another one - this is the one I would buy....nicely modded cj3b without being overbuilt for what it is....
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/eagle-1953-jeep-cj-3b/7651731650.html