PDA

View Full Version : Saw my first body today.

DETN8R
August 21st, 2008, 05:38 PM
I was driving to work early this morning down Federal Blvd, There were about 3 cop cars around the mans body. I saw a streak of blood from his head about 10ft out.

This was at 5:45am. Traffic hadn't begun to back up this early either.

This article says the call came in at 3:30am http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/21/man-found-dead-next-bike/

They also say it was next to a bike but I dont remember seeing a bike. The cops had a sheet thrown over him but I saw his head.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_10264349

When I drove by only the cops were there. No CSI guys or anything.

I've only seen bodies at funerals until today. I guess I'm desensitized from all the horror movies i watch.

Jimmy
August 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Yummy... who's up for some spaghetti with marinara sauce? :)

solid rock
August 21st, 2008, 07:24 PM
so that's what that THUD was.

BLUE THUNDER
August 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
nice...

Pathrat
August 21st, 2008, 09:04 PM
That isn't something many people see in a lifetime. Seeing the actual carnage that leads to death is disturbing. The first body I saw was pretty plain and intact before we did our jobs and I don't even remember who it was. Talk about desensitization.

Brody
August 23rd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Between nursing, hospitals, and climbing and just being involved with some 'hazardous' sports, I have seen more bodies than I really wanted to see, some of them friends. And, yes, sad to say, you do get desenitized to the sight of 'em....

Oh...there have have been a couple of times where I have gone from dead bodies right to eating something, though I don't remember if I ate any tomatoe stuff or not....I did wash my hands.....

Pathrat
August 23rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Oh...there have have been a couple of times where I have gone from dead bodies right to eating something, though I don't remember if I ate any tomatoe stuff or not....I did wash my hands.....

I recall, during an autopsy, I told the department scut puppy that I was hungry, would he go grab me a sandwich out of the surgeon's lounge? I was hungry, I was kidding with him, but the resident in attendance for that post-mortem was just horrified. He says, "How can you think of food???" I told him, "It's lunch time and I'm hungry".

Funrover
August 23rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Like a train crash, you can't help but look!

DETN8R
August 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I remember watching Faces of Death while eating pizza.

FourLo
September 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
A couple of years ago I thought I was the first one in shop but when I walked in there was my co-worker hanging from the ceiling. I still can't get that picture out of my mind.

Pathrat
September 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
A couple of years ago I thought I was the first one in shop but when I walked in there was my co-worker hanging from the ceiling. I still can't get that picture out of my mind.

That is awful! :(

BLUE THUNDER
September 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Funrover
September 2nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hear that!