PDA

View Full Version : Tech tip... Friday?

Schmitty
February 4th, 2022, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it's been too cold lately and my TJ has been colder than a witches... you know. Having heat issues when it's cold out really sucks, but how do we keep toasty in our Jeeps? looking at all y'all with soft tops, you know what I'm talking about.

I solved my heat issue with one simple trick! Big Cold doesn't want you to know that you can cut up a foam pad (Harbor freight special) and put it in front of your radiator. See below:

https://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52875&d=1644015794

Steve-O
February 4th, 2022, 04:55 PM
Big Cold :lmao:

FINOCJ
February 4th, 2022, 11:33 PM
I just run a second heater and added heated seats when I redid the upholstery. And even then I accept freezing my ass off in the morning even when wearing my 800 down belay jacket, and sweating sitting in traffic on the way home breathing fumes. As a friend with a highly modified cj3b says, it's a jeep, misery expected at times. Ive also taken to wearing ear plugs a lot...

Schmitty
February 5th, 2022, 07:00 AM
And even then I accept freezing my ass off in the morning even when wearing my 800 down belay jacket, and sweating sitting in traffic on the way home breathing fumes.

I really don't mind the cold too much but there's a threshold crossed when it's under 20* for several days and my anger starts to keep me warm. :lmao:

hiimmike
July 7th, 2022, 12:14 PM
Get a new Jeep with the 2L... that thing is sweaty all the time! Fans running to cool the thing off in 15 degree weather!