PDA

View Full Version : Trail info by difficulty

Tom
June 29th, 2021, 04:25 PM
Managed by one of the Trailridge Runners.

Click on the images on the left. Contains maps, tracks in various formats, etc.

https://www.4x4explore.com/lvl/lvl.htm

open_circuit
June 29th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Interesting. I'm pretty surprised that Poughkeepsie Gulch, Miller Rock, and Kelly Flats are rated the same (or nearly the same) as Holy Cross, Chinaman, and Blanca. I'm not sure I understand the rating system.

Edit: and T33 is listed as a 6 while Kelly Flats is an 8? T33 was a beating when I ran it a couple summers ago.

Tom
June 29th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Interesting. I'm pretty surprised that Poughkeepsie Gulch, Miller Rock, and Kelly Flats are rated the same (or nearly the same) as Holy Cross, Chinaman, and Blanca. I'm not sure I understand the rating system.

Edit: and T33 is listed as a 6 while Kelly Flats is an 8? T33 was a beating when I ran it a couple summers ago.
One has to take into account the date the trail was last run. For instance t33a was last run 2014. The run info is at the bottom of the page linked to the trail name, and on the summary with the links.

open_circuit
June 29th, 2021, 04:44 PM
One has to take into account the date the trail was last run. For instance t33a was last run 2014. The run info is at the bottom of the page linked to the trail name.

Thanks. I wondered if that was the case. That would make a lot more sense. I'm told T33 has become much more challenging in recent years.

Tom
June 29th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Thanks. I wondered if that was the case. That would make a lot more sense. I'm told T33 has become much more challenging in recent years.
Yes it has. First ran it stock in 2012. Ran it again a couple years ago lifted with armor and banged all over. Don’t plan on running it again.

MSV Coney the same. Ran em stock in 2012, last time I was up there banged and got hung up a few times. You were on that run.

Bob
June 29th, 2021, 04:57 PM
In the 1970’s, Middle St. Vrain was not much worse than a dirt road.:lmao: And there was actually space between the trees.

Steve-O
June 29th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Found his website before, good stuff. I like the amount of detail and the pictures. I just assume everything he wrote about is a little bit harder now... I actually used it when planning the Miller Rock run and it was pretty helpful