PDA

View Full Version : Post if you can make it!

Chris
July 2nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Please post if you can make the Barbour Fork cleanup on the 19th. :thunb:

Chris
July 2nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
I'm in! :D

5280Hawk
July 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Im in!

Pathrat
July 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
We plan on going. Is this another, more intensive litter control or are we doing something about the Bronco? Maybe take out the smaller pieces not requiring sawzalls?

KnuckleHead
July 2nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
1st I would like to say sorry for not making the 1st 1. With not passing my e-test I had to wait till monday to get a new temp tag. Now as long as I don't have a real trouble with the truck or it finally passes I hope to make it to this 1. I will keep you all posted.

Patrolman
July 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah, what is the plan? Not sure I can make it that day. Will know in about a week.

Chris
July 3rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm waiting to hear from the FS, I suggested we add a few signs and block off one bypass which they didn't care to see getting used. We're able to post a sign at the entrance too but probably won't get that made in time.

Maybe just some wheeling, beer can pickup and look at our removal of the truck. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open. We could even do another trail since time would probably allow that too.

Jeff, I just found your plastic utensils when cleaning the truck yesterday!

Patrolman
July 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
Doh! I forgot about those! Don't even miss them!

Pathrat
July 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
How about bringing buckets and doing a more thorough clean up of glass and such in the firepits and camping areas? Maybe shovel those things out?

Chris
July 3rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
Sounds good to me :)

Patrolman
July 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Did I hear shop vac?

Brody
July 4th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I should be able to make it. Are we going to start to do anything about the Bronco?

Pathrat
July 4th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I put this in the other thread as well, not sure where it goes:

Were we waiting for the FS go-ahead as far as the legalities of removing a long-abandoned vehicle? It isn't like any one is going to do anything more than dump some pieces at a scrap yard or someplace that does industrial recycling, right? How about something on FS letterhead stating the origin of the Bronco as being on FS land and for how long it has been sitting on FS land, and that we were asked to remove it?

It sounds like there is a plan to pick up the detritus left behind by heavily treading humans and plan for the removal. Maybe we could take out a few small parts this trip if anyone has hauling room.

FOOD: group effort again?

btw: 5280Hawk, I am looking forward to seeing your rig, I loved the build up pictures.

Tye
July 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I will unable to make the next clean-up:( my company is involved in a unit **** down that is supposed to last about 2-3 weeks. I know you folks will make proud:fr4x4:

Brody
July 13th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I am still going, but am going solo as LaDawn has to work.

Question-I was under the impression that we had to sign in with the FS in order to get points, hours, whatever for doing the clean ups. Has this changed or are we going to do this after meeting at the Micky Ds?

Chris
July 13th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I am still going, but am going solo as LaDawn has to work.

Question-I was under the impression that we had to sign in with the FS in order to get points, hours, whatever for doing the clean ups. Has this changed or are we going to do this after meeting at the Micky Ds?

Anyone that didn't get the FS "talk" the 1st time does have to be briefed, others don't. I have the form for us to record our hours. I also have the monitor form to report problems, violations, etc and a sample for the sign they'll make crediting us when we get to making the sign for the trail.

My printer isn't working Pete, can I email the hourly form and monitor form to you to print out copies?

Pathrat
July 13th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I will unable to make the next clean-up:( my company is involved in a unit **** down that is supposed to last about 2-3 weeks. I know you folks will make proud:fr4x4:

I guess no one caught your interesting spelling error there Tye. :lol:

Brody
July 14th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I caught the error, but thought it had more effect reading that way.

Chris-maile the forms either to me or LaDawn and we will get them printed>

peterbrody4@brody4.cnc.net
ladawn@iwon.com

Pathrat
July 14th, 2008, 09:49 AM
My printer isn't working Pete, can I email the hourly form and monitor form to you to print out copies?

I can print stuff out too if need be and you have my email.

Pathrat
July 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I don't intend to flame anyone and I know we all have things we have to do on the weekends, and work trumps trail clean ups, but I notice that the projected turnout for this clean up is half of what it was for the last one.

We have 65 members who use the trails, so where are you guys when it is time to pick up and contribute?

my :2c:

InsanityIsBorn
July 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I wish . . . I won't even be in the state . . .

Pathrat
July 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I wish . . . I won't even be in the state . . .

Totally reasonable, hence my preface of not meaning to jump anyone's case. :)

5280Hawk
July 15th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Saturday Morning 9:00 am at the Idaho Springs McDonalds. See you all there!

Patrolman
July 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Wish I could go, but just won't be able to do it again this time. The wife has a list of things that I need to do here. Also have folks in town so that won't fly. More than happy to lend anything that anyone needs. That includes tools, grille, cooler, etc. Whatever I can contribute. If we find a date for vehicle removal, just let me know. I have birthdays coming soon, but if there is some flexibility, I can bring my truck up and haul it off.

Chris
July 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Jeff but there will be another time. I'm waiting to hear from the FS again about material for the "kiosk" we'll be installing at some point. They did mention they'd appreciate some time spent on the parking lot at the entrance.

Patrolman
July 16th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I am excited to go again sometime in the future and to bring along the wife. It sure was a beautiful area and we plan on doing a little camping ourselves there in the future!

Pathrat
July 16th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe when the Bronco is removed we can do some group camping since I bet it could be a long day. Jeff, thanks for the offers of assistance of things to loan out.

Chris
July 17th, 2008, 07:49 AM
So we have 3 committed (Myself, 5280Hawk, Pathrat) and 2 maybe (Brody & 85fsbronco) for Saturday? Small groups move faster so we can certainly plan a second trail though get less done as far as clean up which is fine.

:cheers:

5280Hawk
July 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM
So we have 3 committed (Myself, 5280Hawk, Pathrat) and 2 maybe (Brody & 85fsbronco) for Saturday? Small groups move faster so we can certainly plan a second trail though get less done as far as clean up which is fine.

my buddy Andy and his 4runner will be there. We'll talk about getting him signed up for FR4x4

Chris
July 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Great, signing on isn't required ;)

4runner freak
July 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Chris,
So is this trip just a wheeling/ clean as you go trip now?
How long of a trip is this going to be? (9-4:30?)
I'm supposed to be going up to run SlaughterHouse with a buddy on Saturday, but might talk him into running Barbour Fork.
My wife is getting back in town Saturday afternoon, so I don't want to be up there to late.
Let me know.

Chris
July 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
With the small turnout and no word from the FS I'm saying we'll spend a bit of time cleaning the entrance/parking area then play. Time wouldn't be an issue since I'm inclined to run Bill Moore after Barbour Fork anyway.

Hope you can join us!

Dirt Claude
July 17th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry guys, can't make this run/clean-up. My brother is in town from the east coast and we've already got plans. Maybe next time!

gragravar
July 17th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I am wishing I could make it, but this weekend is all booked up. (as it seems most of my weekends are.) I have to find a way to get out wheeling with you all some more.

4runner freak
July 18th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Well, I'm planning on being there tomorrow!:thunb:

Brody
July 18th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Pete be out due to completely blowing the left hub off of my front wheel. Stripped all the studs including the two locating pins. tried to easy out the studs and broke two easy outs....Can't get a rotor until 10 AM.

Sorry...shouldn't have tried to climb a vertical drop off at the job site, I guess...

Hope everything goes well. I'll miss being there....

Chris
July 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM
You scared me, I anticipated "Pete be out due to completely blowing the" L4/S1 disc...

We'll miss you but sometimes life gets in the way of play.

Patrolman
July 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Pete, I have extra hubs parts if you find you need anything. Just give me a hollar.

Brody
July 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Naw.. the disc/back got a recharge at the chiropractors yesterday afternoon...

Thanks, Jeff. I got a set of hubs, bolts, etc., but I broke all the studs off on the rotor. The hub was actually in good shape, allowing for a few burrs. I am going to try to easy out/retap this rotor at some point, but a friend had a set of rotors for $25, so I'm going to just pull the wheel, repack the bearings, etc., taking the easy way.

I am going to miss the run, which bums me out...

Chris
July 19th, 2008, 07:07 AM
It sounds like you'll be back up and running pretty quickly Pete, sorry we won't see you today!