PDA

View Full Version : Wheeling trip on the 28th?

4runner freak
June 16th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I'm finishing up my lift(hopefully tonight) and have to weld up my new front driveshaft.
I'm wanting to go wheeling on the 28th, since my wife will be out of town.
I'm wanting to do something not too difficult, but still fun.
I'm open/open, stock gears, single case, bald 32" tires, and ~5" of lift.
I have been out of wheeling for 6 years now(been up once since then(last summer)), but used to go quite a bit before I got married and ditched my wheeling buddy :)

I'm open for any suggestions and welcome everyone to come.

Funrover
June 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Dang... Wish I could go out again.. but I promised I wouldn't wheel the weekend before the wedding!

Chris
June 16th, 2008, 12:46 PM
So it starts! :D

Funrover
June 16th, 2008, 01:00 PM
So it starts! :D

After last weekend I lost smoe more drive time... But she really enjoys it still!

As far as suggestions go how far are you willing to drive and how hard do you want to get?

Chris
June 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
After last weekend I lost smoe more drive time... But she really enjoys it still!

You know I'm J/K Aaron! Nothing better than a wife that likes to wheel.

As far as suggestions go how far are you willing to drive and how hard do you want to get?

4runner freak - If there's time after the clean up Saturday we may do a trail in the Idaho Springs area.

SCRubicon
June 16th, 2008, 05:21 PM
You know I'm J/K Aaron! Nothing better than a wife that likes to wheel.

Is there really such a thing??? :D

Chris
June 16th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Ask Barb how bad the withdrawal is when you can't wheel. These weekends get very long. Sedan wheeling just doesn't cut it. ;)

Funrover
June 16th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Ask Barb how bad the withdrawal is when you can't wheel. These weekends get very long. Sedan wheeling just doesn't cut it. ;)

You're not doing it right LOL:D

Chris
June 16th, 2008, 08:50 PM
The soon-to-be-married is telling the old guy something he doesn't know :lol:

Tye
June 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM
The soon-to-be-married is telling the old guy something he doesn't know :lol:

ROFLMAO !!!!

Pathrat
June 16th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Is there really such a thing??? :D

I am not a wife, technically, just yet, but YES, I am one of those :D

4runner freak
June 17th, 2008, 04:43 PM
OK, lets reiterate what we have learned...

1. Most women don't enjoy wheeling(hence the reason I want to go on the 28th, since my wife will be out of town)
2. No one's interested in going, yet.(Bear, I don't see you signing up:D)

Chris-
I thought the cleanup was on the 21st?

Chris
June 17th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Chris-
I thought the cleanup was on the 21st?

It is! Second thing that goes is one's memory. :lol:

The 28th sounds good to me now that I'm clear on the date. I'm moving the 24th, moving my mother the 26th so wheeling on the 28th sounds good. I suspect Barb would be happy if I left her alone in our new place on Saturday even though she likes to wheel.

Something about a new house that might sway her.

Okay, I'm in! :clap:

4runner freak
June 19th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Okay, I'm in! :clap:

Any ideas for where?
I emailed a couple friends to see if they would like to go also.
Bear(4lolo) said he is flying out that night, and still suffering with his back.:(

I'll post if I get any other yea's.

4runner freak
June 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Chris,
There are a couple guys from CO4x4 going to Storm Mountian on the 28th.
Any interest? I've never been on this trail.
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=125645

Brody
June 19th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Put me down for a tentative as I don't know what my schedule is going to be.

You might just want to post this run in the trail runs section. Also, I'm sure that traildamage.com has a write up on this trail.

Speaking of trails: do not, repeat, do not, follow Well's directions to get to Moody Hill. They have you driving all over hell and gone on miles of dirt roads, when the actual trailhead is about a mile from the pavement. Use a map and common sense instead...He also gives very little mention of Crystal Mountain, which is actually mentioned in the Moody description, although it is a separate and hard trail by itself.

Being a published author I can ***** about another author, so excuse me, Charles. One of my main peeves is not having worthwhile road directions/trail directions so that you can actually get to point A without reinventing the wheel and I went to great lengths to do this in my books.

Chris
June 19th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I'm open to anything, no real preference or ideas, just a need to wheel after 6 weeks w/o my truck.

Hope you can make it too Pete, this is in the right place isn't it?

Brody
June 22nd, 2008, 07:32 AM
I just looked at the traildamage.com trail report for this trail. It looks good and not very well traveled. It would be fun to do before it gets 'popular'.

Put down a meeting time and place. I suggest that we used the traildamage suggestions as they are usually good.

I am going to post this as an actual run under a new thread.