PDA

View Full Version : springs recovery

gm4x4lover
May 25th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Would any body with a winch want to help some poor stupid soul in the springs area. His truck is in a really bad spot ( endanger of sliding off a steep ledge). If you can, call me at 719-238-8194 nick

Oh p.s. He's kinda broke until pay day.

Patrolman
May 25th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Tonight? What general area? What size vehicle?

gm4x4lover
May 25th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Its an 08 z71 silverado, half hanging off the trail. I would rather not say the exact local due to a highrate of vandelism in the area.

4Runninfun
May 26th, 2008, 12:07 AM
i would be there in a heartbeat but i don't have winch. and my truck isn't powerful enough to move a full size pickup

Brody
May 26th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I am down due to having the rear of my rig chopped off. That's part of the problem...not too sure if I have gas dollars to do the drive to the Springs and back is the other...

Good luck with it at any rate. Sorry that I cannot help this time...

Chris
May 26th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Would any body with a winch want to help some poor stupid soul in the springs area. His truck is in a really bad spot ( endanger of sliding off a steep ledge). If you can, call me at 719-238-8194 nick

Oh p.s. He's kinda broke until pay day.

Any update on this? Being w/o a truck I'm no help but hate to think of anybody stranded like that.

Patrolman
May 26th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I was just wondering if it was North or South. I assume it is somewhat West, since there are very little ledges East!

Being that it is a fullsize rig, my little Toyota really doesn't have the weight behind it to safely pull it. The winch is a workhorse, but my truck just won't be able to do the job.

Hope that you can find someone who can help! If you find another lightweight truck, paired up with mine we could likely do the job.

Jamie
May 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Did you guys get this rig out? I have a winch on the Jeep.

Patrolman
May 26th, 2008, 10:14 AM
The Jeep and the Toyota working together could probably do the job. Still waiting for an update...

gm4x4lover
May 27th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Hes out a couple of guys from co4x4 helped him out. I really couldn't do anything either as i dont have a winch. He was up on baldy trying to drive to the top whe he hit a snow patch and the rear started sliding off the edge. He ended up all the way off the side and it took a ram2500 with a winch and a jeep with a winch to get him back up. They almost lost the truck down the side. As the pic's get posted on the other board i will post a link.

Patrolman
May 27th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah, really good reason that my little 3,000 pound Toyota wasn't gonna be even close to doing the job on its own. Plenty of guys here that are super cool and would help, just not with large enough rigs typically.

Glad that they got it safely down, even though it sounds as though it was a fairly sketchy operation!