PDA

View Full Version : Trash and shooting in the forest

Swank1975
March 23rd, 2017, 08:17 AM
I saw this video today in a dirt bike group on Facebook and it pissed me off. I wanted to share this with any who will take the time to watch it and spread the word. Go shoot, have fun, be safe, and clean up!

https://www.facebook.com/andy.hitch.35/videos/1356215861102270/

Jim
March 23rd, 2017, 10:40 AM
Place looks like Bunce...

"Something's changed in the last couple years"

YEA - Lefthand Canyon's shooting area CLOSED.

The trash leaving people moved from LHC to Bunce.

Go shoot, have fun, be safe, and clean up!

Yep - CLEAN UP (and don't shoot glass or trees)

Preaching to the choir for members here (we clean up) though perhaps a public non-member will see the thread and change their ways.

Swank1975
March 23rd, 2017, 12:09 PM
Yeah i know our groups are pro active and work to keep these trails open. just wanted to share in case others wanted to share this with their "special" friends. :)

Chris
March 23rd, 2017, 12:17 PM
Considering 100's of guests visiting daily it's a good idea!

Swank1975
March 23rd, 2017, 01:37 PM
I just think about how the pollution of that small stream and thousands of others like it all accumulate in our larger waterways. Scares me to think of removing environmental protection for waterways that only seasonally flow water.

Brian
March 23rd, 2017, 05:33 PM
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?117098-Rampart-range-disgusting!!!!!

Sad that it's still happening at the same level over all this time. This link is a blast from the past on the same topic but different place. Anyone know whatever became of that guy trying to get something done? Reads as if he just lost steam and disappeared.

TJS86TOY
March 24th, 2017, 07:10 AM
This is a sore spot with me. I absolutely hate when people leave their junk up there. Went to rainbow falls last year after a long time and was very sad to see the damage and trash left by people. That was until I came down from the other side of the highway by RF that everyone shoots at. There is a forest sign for shooters noting to pick up after yourself but the amount of trash/tv's/appliances left up there is staggering! Lining the road side of the dirt trail is pure garbage the whole way. I really feel like the Indian guy in that old commercial shedding a tear over his land.