PDA

View Full Version : Slaughterhouse Gulch 5/18/08

SCRubicon
May 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I think this trail has grown on me. I've been on it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I suppose I'm just catching up for not being on it for 2 years. I have to say it has gotten a little more lumpy bumpy. The mud pit area (or whatever the heck ppl are calling it these days) was a disaster area! The erosion... My old buddy Pat even drove the JK a little. I let him take it up the hill past the meadow all the way down to where the loop connects. He hasn't been off road in over a year...figured he'd enjoy getting back behind the wheel of a 4x4. Anyhow, here are some pics...the video is in the video section...enjoy!!!

Chris
May 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Cool Steve, maybe we should do a run there. :D

Pathrat
May 20th, 2008, 09:04 PM
That last picture is great! It looks like this big red monster coming at you, a Jeep with a mind of its own.

I matched your tires with my magazine ads and they are Dick Cepek Mud Countries? How do you like them?

Brody
May 21st, 2008, 04:37 AM
Nice pictures, Steve! I have always thought that Slaughterhouse is a pretty fun run. The next time I go, I want to follow Crow Hill past the mud pits until it either connects with 285 via something else or you have to turn around. There is also a spur road about a half mile down Crow Hill that goes up the opposite side of the valley that I have never done. A planned run there would be fun and could maybe tie into a couple of other trails on the return trip, too.

Funrover
May 21st, 2008, 08:52 AM
Good pics!!! LMAO with the "not a NATIVE..." sticker hahahahaha

SCRubicon
May 21st, 2008, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Pathrat;9518]That last picture is great! It looks like this big red monster coming at you, a Jeep with a mind of its own.

I matched your tires with my magazine ads and they are Dick Cepek Mud Countries? How do you like them?[/QUOTE

Yes, they are the DC muds. So far, I like them. They are a good "All Around" tire for the price. Quiet on the street w/ a good ride, grippy on the rocks, good in the mud. I have about 5k miles on them. A little buffing, but no chunking.

SCRubicon
May 21st, 2008, 08:45 PM
Nice pictures, Steve! I have always thought that Slaughterhouse is a pretty fun run. The next time I go, I want to follow Crow Hill past the mud pits until it either connects with 285 via something else or you have to turn around. There is also a spur road about a half mile down Crow Hill that goes up the opposite side of the valley that I have never done. A planned run there would be fun and could maybe tie into a couple of other trails on the return trip, too.

When I get the Topo program back on my computer I'll check it out. I think it would be neat to see.

SCRubicon
May 21st, 2008, 08:49 PM
Good pics!!! LMAO with the "not a NATIVE..." sticker hahahahaha

Thas' me!!! I had a good one in the CJ5 too...:D

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/OCG2/d6d27adc.jpg

Jimmy
May 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
I'd sport one of those stickers! They're pretty funny.

Funrover
May 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah I am lucky enough to be a native of CO!!!!