PDA

View Full Version : Finally did China Wall

Pathrat
May 11th, 2008, 09:37 PM
This was just what I needed after months of no wheeling. It was a great trail to get back into things and thanks to all, esp. Funrover, who recommended it and sent directions. One thing though, I need to stop with the three wheeling thing. I dipped into a tippy spot, and could reach out my arm, touch the rock next ot my door and rock the FJC back and forth. I had everyone get over to the right and got my wheels back down. I took my line 6 inches over where it was supposed to be. :oops:
More pictures of things done right when my guy downloads his video.

I have to say that Funrover told me that their wasn't anything the FJC couldn't handle. I found a spot I couldn't handle on 202. We went back on the more difficult route until the squeezy rocks. Ok, can do. Then I reconnoitered that next down hill section over moveable and solid rocks, ruts and holes, covered with fine crushed gravel and sand. Being by myself, a relatively new driver with a new spotter and no idea where to pick a line down, I decided against maybe taking a nice skid down and faceplanting into something solid or human. Next time, with one of you with me....

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/CWF3.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/CW2-1.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/CW1-1.jpg

Funrover
May 11th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Very cool, I am glad you had fun. I really like that trail. Nice pics. Next time you take 204 I will spot you down, you will make it just fine!

Pathrat
May 11th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Very cool, I am glad you had fun. I really like that trail. Nice pics. Next time you take 204 I will spot you down, you will make it just fine!

Thanks, we did have fun! And yeah, first time down I would love to have you spot me. That's what I needed to go down.

Funrover
May 11th, 2008, 10:22 PM
So the rest of the trail you had fun? Nice lunch at the river?

Pathrat
May 11th, 2008, 10:34 PM
So the rest of the trail you had fun? Nice lunch at the river?

The rest of the trail was great, like I said, just what I needed! :)

Actually, we did not have lunch. We spent time putting out a fire someone left smouldering in the fire ring. :mad: Glass, beer bottles in there, and USED TP!!! Grabbed a few bottles and the next time I go, I'm bringing a garbage bag and shoveling that crap out. Couldn't do it with the log and mud in there.

Funrover
May 11th, 2008, 10:37 PM
That sucks to hear, that trail has begun to get really popular unfortunately.

Brody
May 12th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Sorry that you ran into trash. I did the trail Thursday PM and commented to the guys that I did it with how clean the camping spots and trail was. Obviously some people who are from 'Pig America' spent the night there.

Glad you had fun. Discretion being the better part of valor, etc, etc, you probably made the right choice not doing that line, especially being alone. LaDawn and I have made a lot of those calls, even in my rig, simply because we were out there by ourselves. And we have have a ton of gear with us....

4Runninfun
May 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
glad to hear you had a good time! china wall is always a good time. next time we'll have to spot you down 204 it's good fun.

Funrover
May 12th, 2008, 12:22 PM
So where are the rest of the pics? LOL... China Wall is a great place to test a new item when you are done, it's easy enough that if you havw a failure you can limp back but hard enough to actually give you an idea of what will really happen! It's also a great place to camp!

Then again I am a little partial to the trail because that is where I asked Jessica to be my wife!

Pathrat
May 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
So where are the rest of the pics? LOL

Then again I am a little partial to the trail because that is where I asked Jessica to be my wife!

The pics are on a video camera, waiting to be downloaded and stills selected and put on photobucket then here. :) Small time investment you know. Plus we have video to check out. It's not my camera so I have no idea how to pull video.

4runninfun...absolutely!