PDA

View Full Version : Moody Hill and Crystal Mountain

newracer
June 17th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Both trails are now open. Crystal has not been open since the floods, no idea what the trail looks like.

Tom
June 17th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Moody was pretty easy last fall.

newracer
June 17th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Mood was basically turned into a simple dirt road with the "repairs" the FS did after the flood. I am interested to see what Crystal looks like.

Brucker
June 17th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Hmm, what are you doing on Sunday? Assuming you have Father's Day plans, but it never hurts to ask...

newracer
June 17th, 2016, 10:37 PM
I think I am going to head to Spring Creek on Sunday.

redneck23ms
June 18th, 2016, 07:56 AM
aaron. i'm free sunday and was planning on going wheeling. and i'm willing to do moody/crystal.

dieseldoc
June 18th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Spring creek still has snow at the top.
Not sure how deep the drifts will be but cascade creek had 5 foot plus in some spots 2 weeks ago.

newracer
June 18th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Just heard that Crystal has become pretty challenging. That may change my plans as I like the idea of not going as far from home.

Brucker
June 18th, 2016, 11:26 AM
aaron. i'm free sunday and was planning on going wheeling. and i'm willing to do moody/crystal.

Just heard that Crystal has become pretty challenging. That may change my plans as I like the idea of not going as far from home.

Check you PM's

ILuvtheMountains
June 19th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Damn!!! Moody was my favorite before it was bladed. I heard it was easy last year (as Paul mentioned) but want to see it now, and you can't blade the quarry anyway 😈. Crystal hasn't been opened since the floods and is probably pretty awesome, since it was fun before all of the recent [probable] erosion. Someone PLEASE post a report of the area if that's where you ended up going.

Tom
June 19th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Damn!!! Moody was my favorite before it was bladed. I heard it was easy last year (as Paul mentioned) but want to see it now, and you can't blade the quarry anyway . Crystal hasn't been opened since the floods and is probably pretty awesome, since it was fun before all of the recent [probable] erosion. Someone PLEASE post a report of the area if that's where you ended up going.full report with videos from a run of crystal on sat is available on the fb group Fort Collins Wheelers. Sounds like they were the first to run it based on the number of downed trees they cleared.

newracer
June 19th, 2016, 09:03 PM
There was a group before them on Friday night but they turned around before the top.

We did go today and it was a great time. I'll post some pictures and video later.

As in the past there are some asshats (either land owners or the state lessees) causing problems.