PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet Wrenches - 16 pieces either SAE and Metric - $34.47

Patrolman
January 24th, 2016, 10:17 AM
The prices on these items at Sears change frequently, but this came to my email today. $34.47 seems like a deal. I know I paid more for mine. You can order online and pick it up at the store. The store by me has a side door just to pick up items.

http://www.sears.com/gearwrench-16pc-ratcheting-wrench-set-sae-mm/p-00904332000P?SID=IMx20120601x002000-CoreTools-activeusers

dieseldoc
January 24th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Nice price.
Check the quality on the openend the quality has suffered as the production has left the state's.

Patrolman
January 24th, 2016, 11:34 AM
I actually bought some to give my nephews for their b-days. They will be 12 and 9. Figure the strength and durability isn't an issue with them. They are likely to lose them before they break them.

96EXXLTinCO
January 24th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I have some of the first ones made from years ago. Still got em, although I have jacked up the ratcheting part in a couple of em and haven't bothered to look into how to get it warrantied. I love em though!!

javaman34
January 24th, 2016, 01:47 PM
I had a ratchet that broke a few years back. I took it back to a sears store, showed it to the manager of the department and he exchanged it. No questions asked. I had the ratchet for a good number of years as well. Now this was about 5-10 years ago, so I'm not sure if they will do it now. You may have to send it in instead. Never hurts to ask someone in the tool department. They should be able to tell you something.

Patrolman
January 24th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Since these aren't Craftsman brand, I don't believe you can warranty them through Sears. I bought some Craftsman ones about 6 or 7 years ago. I don't use them a lot, but they have been flawless when I needed them.

Jim
January 24th, 2016, 04:17 PM
I did a Craftsman exchange (when FoCo had a Sears store) a couple years ago (and I did one when I was about 9 years old, which, aside from Dad owning Craftsman tools [I broke one of his ratchets], is why I buy'm). Both were the same - present the damaged Craftsman branded tool to a sales rep, they walk over to the shelf and pull a replacement and say "here". Done.

Patrolman
January 24th, 2016, 04:27 PM
If you spend just a bit more you get free shipping. These "bits" are $1.49. Would get you to the free shipping amount. :)

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-hex-to-square-socket-adapters/p-00926352000P?SID=IMx20120601x002000-CoreTools-activeusers

Patrolman
January 24th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Here is a 6 piece metric set of the versions with the swivel head for $30.

http://www.sears.com/gearwrench-6pc-flex-ratcheting-wrench-set-mm/p-00923024000P?SID=IMx20120601x002000-CoreTools-activeusers

Patrolman
January 24th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Here is the 6 piece SAE set with the swivel head for $30.

http://www.sears.com/gearwrench-6pc-flex-ratcheting-wrench-set-sae/p-00923042000P?SID=IMx20120601x002000-CoreTools-activeusers

dieseldoc
January 24th, 2016, 06:03 PM
The exchange polices are changing slightly.
I used to buy craftsman hammers 21oz. Cali as they would replace them.
After about 2 years they quit company Wide.
No replacement on tape measure and hammers.
There older (5plus years) ratchet drives are good but the new stuff is gotten a bit rough.
I would still buy craftsman stuff for in the jeep.
But for my day to day (professional) I use Snap on and Cornwell as they replace and come to me.

dr350jja
January 24th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Since these aren't Craftsman brand, I don't believe you can warranty them through Sears. I bought some Craftsman ones about 6 or 7 years ago. I don't use them a lot, but they have been flawless when I needed them.

I bought some GearWrench from Sears and they told me they will warranty them at Sears.

96EXXLTinCO
January 24th, 2016, 06:41 PM
But for my day to day (professional) I use Snap on and Cornwell as they replace and come to me.
I used to do the same. You pay 4 times as much for a tool, but when you're making a living with em it is nice when they bring em to you. For the average guy at home though, Craftsman is more than good enough. I have a 3 bay matco bottom tool box that I've been considering selling. A $6500 toolbox is great when you're in and out of it all day every day, but it sits in storage now and only gets opened when I need something I don't keep at home (3/4" drive socket set, steering wheel puller, spindle nut socket etc.) I could use the money in that thing a whole lot more than I use that toolbox. Your "B" squad toolboxes have gotten a lot better since I bought my very first craftsman top box 20 years ago. Something semi sturdy with ball bearing slides will work just fine for me.

Next time I'm out at storage I'll have to take a quick look through my tools and see if there's anything I need replaced off a truck Brandon!!!

Patrolman
January 28th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Dammit! I ordered 1 of each of the wrenches to give to my nephews (9 and 12) for their b-day, and the package got stolen yesterday off the porch! I had 1 other small package get stolen too, only about a $8 package.

The only saving grace is that I have video cameras that caught the car, including a shot of the license plate, as well as some really good shots of the guy walking to the porch, picking up the boxes, and taking them to the car.

My neighbor directly across the street who does not work had his garage door open. This should have scared them off a bit. The WORST part though is the neighbors directly next to him (diagonal across the street from me) were OUT IN THEIR DRIVEWAY when the car pulled up and the guy took the boxes. They apparently paid no attention. Grrrrrrr....

Now I have to call the sheriff, file a report, provide them with the DVD, and I am sure they will want to speak to my neighbors since they were clearly home.

Jim
January 28th, 2016, 09:05 AM
including a shot of the license plate, as well as some really good shots of the guy

Bastages!

The license plate shot is your money shot!

Patrolman
January 28th, 2016, 09:22 AM
I know. That and the guy almost looking right at the camera. I don't have the technology to be able to zoom in on the plate well enough, but I made the DVD and gave it to the sheriff. They should be able to zoom in well enough to see the plate. The bad thing is they said for $85 total, it is misdemeanor, and sounds like they don't put in much effort.

My other option is that since the USPS delivered the packages, I can file a claim with them. I think if they are caught it then becomes a felony for mail theft.