PDA

View Full Version : HVAC Help

javaman34
September 10th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Anyone here work on Air Conditioners and Furnaces in houses? My blower motor went out, I installed a new one with a new capacitor and it does not kick in. I don't know what the problem is. Any help would be helpful. The furnace is a Coleman Evcon.

The StRanger
September 10th, 2015, 09:33 PM
One of the few things I dont know...

javaman34
September 10th, 2015, 09:34 PM
One of the few things I dont know...

But I thought you were the one who knew all? :lmao:

Chris
September 11th, 2015, 07:49 AM
IIRC Cliff is a HVAC guy.

xaza
September 11th, 2015, 09:35 AM
I have only worked on one coleman before. The motor does have a top, put in wrong it will not oil properly and will fail prematurely. You could possibly have an issue with door switch or thermostat. You can get my number off the rescue list, not able to come to Thornton to help you but if you send me some pictures I can try and help out over the phone. You will need a multi meter able to read 24V AC though. To check t-stat, attach a jumper wire on the furnace board across terminals "R" and "G". If the fan comes on it is t-stat or stat wire. If the cover panel has a switch on it you will need to push it in to make it think the panel is on.

javaman34
September 11th, 2015, 09:38 PM
I have the motor in correctly. That was the first thing I checked. Everything else is working, but not the blower. I will try jumping it and see what happens.

xaza
September 12th, 2015, 05:14 AM
I can probably make it your way today but would need to be this morning. Will send you a pm with my number.

TJS86TOY
March 16th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Old post but I am a Commercial HVAC tech with 27 years of both residential and commercial under my belt.

96EXXLTinCO
March 16th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Always good to know an expert in each of the trades!!