PDA

View Full Version : Information on D-90s

Pathrat
April 18th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone,
I hope I can use you as a resource about Land Rover Defenders. My boss was in Costa Rica drooling over all the Defenders and has expressed interest in these for a few years. He is contemplating a buy but wants to educate himself first. Off-hand, without doing much research (I will do a search for him), does anyone have some good, reliable sites, focusing on more recent year manufactures, say build in the last ten years?

I appreciate the help!

llesra
April 18th, 2008, 02:25 PM
heres a good defender website. http://d-90.com/

it will be impossible to find a defender made within the last 10 years because they stopped coming here in 1997.

Pathrat
April 18th, 2008, 02:32 PM
heres a good defender website. http://d-90.com/

it will be impossible to find a defender made within the last 10 years because they stopped coming here in 1997.

What a shining example of why we needed some basic information, thank you! :o

gragravar
April 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM
as llesra said you wont find a recent one.

lots of good well kept examples of them are around though. that said, I dont think I'd want one. they are tougher to find parts for than the disco's and range rovers. and they come with all of the reliability reputation (or lack thereof) of the discos and range rovers. I have hear one too many stories from defender owners left stranded on a trail.

:-(

Pathrat
April 18th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I am unclear as to his intentions of how off-road he would get with one, and it wouldn't be a daily driver. He could find a recent one if he flew back down to Costa Rica and spend two weeks driving back. ;)

Brody
April 19th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Thanks Arsell!

Hey Path-I hope that you are finding out that you are on a pretty sweet site for information! There is a really big knowledge base on this site and some pretty sharp people, too. You ask a question, you get answers, you don't get flamed...

Hope you are taking care of your back. Sounds like you got the 'Jeep Disease', a post that you might have missed. Maybe Jon will repost it at some point. (HINT HINT) It was funny and turns out that there is actually such a thing. It had to do with back injuries due to with riding in Jeep vehicles in WWII(something like 80,000 reported Jeep related back injuries). Now you know what the "You wouldn't understand. It's a Jeep thing." is all about.

You aren't the only one out, either. Bear(4LoLo) might not go Sunday as he just got a report back from his X rays. Turns out he has a crack in his spine and his Doc wants him to take it easy, too. Maybe all of us with back injuries can rent 'Dust to Glory' (cool movie BTW, especially the Mouse McCoy footage-solo Baja 1000 motorcross) Colorado 4x4 trails, and just live some 4wheeling vicariously....

Funrover
April 19th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Path - While looking for the D-90's also understand that prices are very high. These are vehicles that new were cheaper than they ar now. I am not sur of your bosses income but just an FYI! I would love ot have a D-110 someday but that is wayyy down the road!

Pathrat
April 19th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks Arsell!

Hey Path-I hope that you are finding out that you are on a pretty sweet site for information! There is a really big knowledge base on this site and some pretty sharp people, too. You ask a question, you get answers, you don't get flamed...

Hope you are taking care of your back. Sounds like you got the 'Jeep Disease', a post that you might have missed. Maybe Jon will repost it at some point. (HINT HINT) It was funny and turns out that there is actually such a thing. It had to do with back injuries due to with riding in Jeep vehicles in WWII(something like 80,000 reported Jeep related back injuries). Now you know what the "You wouldn't understand. It's a Jeep thing." is all about.

You aren't the only one out, either. Bear(4LoLo) might not go Sunday as he just got a report back from his X rays. Turns out he has a crack in his spine and his Doc wants him to take it easy, too. Maybe all of us with back injuries can rent 'Dust to Glory' (cool movie BTW, especially the Mouse McCoy footage-solo Baja 1000 motorcross) Colorado 4x4 trails, and just live some 4wheeling vicariously....

Brody, yes the courteous info here is great! :clap: I have been flamed a few times on the FJForums. It is a good place for vehicle-specific info, but sometimes I do not understand what they are talking about and it is difficult to comb through thousands of threat when I am told by some of the members to "run a search, that's why we have the search bar". Still, there are some good people on that site too.

It's a Jeep Thing...I think I ran across that in my latest copy of Physician's Desk Reference.

Instead of wheeling with everyone Sunday, I think maybe I'll put do the household crap I didn't do last weekend and won't do next weekend and get the camp gear together. We decided to go to the San Rafael Swell. Dirt roads in and out, no four-wheeling trails this time, just walking and camping. I will write down the directions this time and get pictures.

Pathrat
April 19th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Path - While looking for the D-90's also understand that prices are very high. These are vehicles that new were cheaper than they ar now. I am not sur of your bosses income but just an FYI! I would love ot have a D-110 someday but that is wayyy down the road!

Ummm, he is a doctor, which means he has a fair amount of cash. We found one on Ebay with an ARB bumper (or similar one) winch, lights, etc for I think 24K. I understood prices to be high too, but it seems that the economy is cutting into people's ability to buy toys like a D-90.