PDA

View Full Version : New Member?

Chris
April 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM
If you're new here and wondering how to start I'll suggest you can start by simply saying "Hello, I'm new here" in this section. Tell us a bit about yourself, your truck, etc.

If you really want to make everybody happy post some photos of your 4x4 while you're at it. We like pictures!

If that doesn't work for you feel free to jump in anywhere but whatever you do let us know you're here! ;)

Thanks and welcome!

:cheers:

Denvertaco
April 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Hello,
I met Toyota Jon yesterday and he told me about this forum..so I signed up! Thanks for having me. I will update my bio and all soon. Meanwhile a pic of the rig..

Chris
April 17th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Welcome DenverTaco, nice to have you here! We all look forward to meeting you and joining on some trail runs. The next one is Sunday!

:thunb:

4Runninfun
April 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hey dude glad you made it over here, i still really like your truck. I also like the hilux emblem you have i thought that was a neat little touch.

Pathrat
April 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Hey all,
I have posted plenty but never properly introduced myself.

My FJ Cruiser is in the Member's Rigs section. The first time I ever stuck my hands in an engine bay (it was off ;-) , I was putting in the cold air intake. It took days to get up the nerve to take off OEM parts and hours to fit the thing in. I found out later the specs were off between my canister and my bolt holes. Anyways, I have been driving my own truck for a year. I have yet to decide on a bumper and eventually I want a permanent lift solution instead of just the Bilstein struts. The next purchase? Roof basket for the Maze trip!

Aaron knows I am a Pathologist Assistant and thinks it is cool to cut up body parts. I have two kids and while I mention a husband, the legalities aren't done yet. Real name is Stephanie.

Thanks for the great reception I got when I first arrived. :)

Chris
April 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Nice intro from a "known on forum" person. Glad to have you here Pathrat and look forward to wheeling with you eventually.

Anyone else feeling like saying "hello?" for the first time? :)

Funrover
April 17th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Welcome all!! Nice intro Path.. Denvertaco sweet ride!

Brody
April 18th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Welcome to the site, Pathrat! Nice rig, too. Thanks for all of your posts!

What are you looking for suspension wise? I think that you should maybe talk to Una down at Off Road Solutions, 303-278-6367. She also owns an FJ that looks as if it is set up quite like yours. She is very knowledgeable and friendly and might have some good suggestions. Just a thought.

If I find out some stuff, I'll PM you, but it would be nice to get an idea of what you want. I get the Totyota Owners rag and there are full of ads for FJ products which I will re look at.Check out Demillo products, too.

Pathrat
April 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM

What are you looking for suspension wise? I think that you should maybe talk to Una down at Off Road Solutions, 303-278-6367. She also owns an FJ that looks as if it is set up quite like yours. She is very knowledgeable and friendly and might have some good suggestions. Just a thought.

If I find out some stuff, I'll PM you, but it would be nice to get an idea of what you want. I get the Totyota Owners rag and there are full of ads for FJ products which I will re look at.Check out Demillo products, too.

Thanks for the direction to one of the locals with my brand!
It was last October when I last examined the options. I am in no hurry, I won't be doing anything until at least after summer is over, but I am starting to think about it and trying to learn more about suspensions in general. I want a two inch suspension lift, without relying on adjustable struts. Although, this temporary solution has so far worked nicely. Like I had mentioned to 4runninFun in another post, the most common options (and I don't have rear leaf springs) are 3" lifts. That would mean no more fitting in the garage for me.
And thank you, I also think I have a nice rig! :D

March 2007, two weeks after I bought her:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/Copyoftruck1.jpg

After the bigger tires and struts, last November:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/Lift2-1.jpg

Chris
April 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM
We have a few newly registered or users from the old forum that have yet to speak up since everything got straightened up that I would like to hear from. Not being one to force anybody to say "Hi!" I'm simply going to post their username. ;)

A quick hello, some pics of your truck would suffice.

Who am I talking about?

1badtoy, 914RunGuy, alldayXJ, Brarvetramb, davidpri, Discodude19, flexytoy, iceman7631, luvmeye22re, tacollie, usmcruiserette

That's who. :D

Funrover
April 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Discodude19

[/B]That's who. :D

I will get him to post up here is his Rig
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/MY%20ROVER/100_0989.jpg

4Runninfun
April 25th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I will get him to post up here is his Rig
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/MY%20ROVER/100_0989.jpg

Before or after the summer build? I talked with Ryan today he says it's time for a front bumper... NOW! Lol i knew i wasn't going to be bored this summer. So besides making him a Tcase skid, now i gotta start building his bumper, then suspension, and then, and then.....

Funrover
April 25th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I will be there tomorrow!!

Chris
April 29th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Camo Cruiser is our newest member, let's hear from you Syver!

Tye
May 9th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I'm back for those of you who know me, good to be back on and for those who dont...The wife and I really love wheelin' and do so in our 96 Land Rover which has been modified some, and always adding more cause your never really done. We get out when we can which is pretty often.

Chris
May 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Welcome back Tye! Hello to you and your wife whose name I just went totally blank on. :o

Edit: Estella isn't it?

BLOODBANE
May 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Greetings. I seen the link on CO4x4.org and thought I would check it out. This looks like a good place with people of the same mindset as myself. Here are a couple of pics of my wheelers.......
On Saran Wrap 2007.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/Trail%20Runs/er-m04.jpg
My 347 V-8 Ranger. I just got the stroker done and will get some new wheelin' pics soon. Heres a short vid of the stroker.........
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/%5BURL=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/?action=view&current=MOV00376.flv%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/th_MOV00376.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5DMOV00376.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/?action=view&current=MOV00376.flv)
and a pic on Chinamans Loop in Buena Vista in 2006
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/RockRash%2006/IMG_0169.jpg
thanks for looking......

Chris
May 9th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome Bloodbane! Your 347 V-8 Ranger looks awesome and it's nice to see the pics and video right from the start!

Look forward to wheeling with you!

Have you checked out the trail runs? OCG is coming up soon!

:cheers:

Pathrat
May 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Hey there. Welcome and thanks for posting pics.

DaleD
May 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hi all, Just registered.

Located in the springs and hope to possibly meet up with some you someday..
Anyhoo just wanted to say hi..:cheers:

KnuckleHead
May 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Welcome aboard

Chris
May 10th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Hi all, Just registered.

Located in the springs and hope to possibly meet up with some you someday..
Anyhoo just wanted to say hi..:cheers:

Welcome Dale!

What do you drive?

DaleD
May 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Welcome Dale!

What do you drive?

Oooops forgot that part..
06 Tacoma TRD OR also have a 82 Chevy 3/4 4X4 but it needs alittle TLC. when the wife and the checking account say it can get some.. LOL

Chris
May 10th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Great. love the Taco! 82 Chevy sounds cool too, the wife and checking account is quite familiar. ;)

BLOODBANE
May 10th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Greetings. I just joined and this seems like a good, friendly place to hang out......

Pathrat
May 10th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Greetings. I just joined and this seems like a good, friendly place to hang out......

It is, hence why the label Forum Junkie is attached to my name.

gm4x4lover
May 10th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Hey whats up guys, I am new on this board but some of you know me from some of the other boards. Looking to do some trail rides this summer!

Funrover
May 10th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Welcome man, who told you about this place? LOL How's it been?

gm4x4lover
May 10th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I followed a link from a picture to another site and then followed a album or somthing, place looks pretty cool.

Funrover
May 10th, 2008, 10:44 PM
We need better security here.. anyone can get in! LOL

gm4x4lover
May 10th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I gots connections, i can get in anywhere.

Funrover
May 10th, 2008, 10:52 PM
LMAO!!! If that's the case.... I could use some help lol

Brody
May 11th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Hey GM

Welcome to the site! Great to have a GM guy here, too, so feel free to add GM/Chevy sites, links, tech, etc to our forums! Been a while since I had a Chevy so I have forgotton most of the good sites, etc.

Anyway, any input would be appreciated. You will find this a friendly site! Me and Jamie are about the crankiest dudes on it...

Chris
May 11th, 2008, 09:25 AM
We need better security here.. anyone can get in! LOL

I remember that comment from when you first came Aaron! :lol:

Chris
May 11th, 2008, 09:27 AM
It's nice to see new members popping in again! Special thanks to Dale & Scott for letting me know there were problems preventing people from registering!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Funrover
May 11th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I remember that comment from when you first came Aaron! :lol:

SHHHHHHHHHH Don't let that get out!:D

mattscout
May 11th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Hello to all. I am new to this forum but not new to wheeling. I currently own a 72 Scout and an 88 Toyota. Love the outdoors and look forward to some wheeling this summer. I also fabricate and weld. Built all my bumpers and sliders on the Scout. Anyone want some custom work done let me know.

Chris
May 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Hello to all. I am new to this forum but not new to wheeling. I currently own a 72 Scout and an 88 Toyota. Love the outdoors and look forward to some wheeling this summer. I also fabricate and weld. Built all my bumpers and sliders on the Scout. Anyone want some custom work done let me know.

Looks great! Nice to have a running Scout among us!

Another fabricator is great to have as well!

Welcome Matt!

:clap:

Pathrat
May 11th, 2008, 09:06 PM

NICE SCOUT! Great looking custom work you did there.

Funrover
May 11th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Nice rigs matt!

OffRoadSolutions
May 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM

got the phone number wrong! ;)

303-278-6267

~Una

virden
May 25th, 2008, 10:43 PM
a little about me, my name is Nic, Ive lived here in the springs for 5 years now, Im stationed at FT. Carson where I currently serve with 1/67 AR 2/4ID as a tanker I deployed to Iraq twice with the 3rd ACR and have been in for 13 years. I am married with four kids 2 boys and 2 girls. my wife is a nurse on FT. Carson and I live on the north east side. My hobbies include shooting, fishing, camping, and of course wheeling.
and this is my rig, an 01 TJ with a 2" REBB nothing special yet but shes getting there
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/cavtrooper/IMG_0937.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/cavtrooper/IMG_0934.jpg

Brody
May 26th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Hey! Welcome to the site! Nice rigs and some nice fab work. Those bumpers look sweet!

Post some Scout and IH links if you know of some good ones. You have the first Scout on the site and we could use some more information sources.

Have you gone to the Scout/IH Jambo down by Sedalia? I have seen pictures in some of the 4x mags, but have never gone. Looks like a gas, especially those IH old school Power Wagons. I drove one of them as a work truck doing tree trimming...pretty much unstoppable...

Hope to wheel with you soon1

Screweder
April 20th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Looks great! Nice to have a running Scout among us!

Another fabricator is great to have as well!

Welcome Matt!

:clap:

Sorry to go off topic, but the fabricator comment sparked a question. Anyone know where to get a pipe bender for semi-cheap??? I'd prefer build my own stuff :) Kinda that whole pride and love issue. Can't let too many other guys handle your girl:lol: