PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Toyota Pickup

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
So I bought this from a buddy about 2 years ago. He had it at least 6 years and beat on it really hard. The transmission apparently was having some difficulties. Finally gave up when he was rolling backward down a hill and popped out the clutch to slow it down (thinking he was in reverse). It lurched since it was really in 1st and the tranny just gave out. That is the point at which he gave it up. Mods he made were a 1" body lift, rear e-locker, poly ultra low bumpstops in front, add-a-leaf in back, Rancho 5000's, front winch bumper (no winch), and a fiberglass topper.

I intended to use it as a "work" truck for remodeling the house with some minor offroading and to keep it to a super tight budget. First thing I did was remove the topper and install a work box for $15. Sold topper. Proceeded to throw in a transmission that I got for free from a 1990 4Runner. Also put in a new clutch and rear main while having it apart.

Next project was to install a used set of bucket seats as the previous buckets were shredded. Picked up a nice set of 4Runner seats (including a rear). Also replaced the doors since the previous ones were dented good, missing the interior door panels, missing the window seals, and windows didn't operate right. New doors have power windows and cloth panels instead of the vinyl. Also made the hinges so they are a quick release hinge. Doors are easily removeable for nice days and wiring has a quick plug.

Proceeded to replace the rear bumper as the previous one looked like it was going to fall off. It was rusted/dented.

First Summer I had it the truck got 33" used BFG MT's. Cleared pretty well with only minor rubbing in front with the 1" body lift. Drove on those the 2nd summer as well.

Next the front winch bumper was removed and sold. Different winch bumper installed that will accept an 8274. Also modified the front parking lights to work as turn signals as well since current bumper does not allow for turn signals.

Installed used front Rancho torsion bars to carry additional weight of bumper and winch. Also installed rear boomerang shackles and front TJ coils in the rear. Also made a mount to fit a 6' snowplow on front.

Also put in a Pioneer pull-out (yes, old skool) tape deck which was free. Great for rain/dust to keep the stereo safe and dry. Got a free mini-amp, free rear box style speakers, and brand new Dual brand front speakers for free. How can you complain about that?! Also have an old skool Cobra CB which was free. Need to get it wired and test it out.

Final mod has been the install of the 8274.

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Pics of rear shackles and TJ coils prior to cutting.

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Pics of cut coil and installed coils.

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Installing 8274 Bumper.

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Additional winch bumper pics with grille cut to fit.

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Front Rancho Torsion Bars installed, Ultra-low profile bumpstops, Rancho RS5000's.

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Snowplow installed March 2008 (just in time for a dry Winter!)

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Removing and raising rear bumper. Used to hang low due to 1" body lift and brackets were intended for a 4Runner which hang lower. Cut roll pan and made straight mounts. Also mounted a 2" receiver hitch. Bought a drop receiver for $20.

Patrolman
April 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM
To-Do List:

Make 1/2 doors from the old set of doors
Paint truck. Hopefully in a desert camo theme.
Possibly replace bed with a tube style bed that can still have a topper.
Build tube "stinger" for offroad lights that are waiting to go on it.
Wire in CB radio
Hope to build rear tube style bumper with full size tire carrier
Install the plow hydraulics. Lift and lower with 8274 now.
Install SR5 dash that is waiting for it
Possibly run dual transmissions.
Make custom t-case crossmember
Thinking of a 1" drivetrain lift

Patrolman
June 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM
So when I was out running some errands this morning, the brake/charge lights started to flicker on the Yota. My 4Runner did this a couple years ago. Time for brush replacement on the alternator!

When I replaced the brushes on my 4Runner a couple years ago, I also replaced the stator in the alternator with a Mobi-Arc stator. Takes it from 60 to about 90 amps.
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/alternator/
Better for the lights, plow, winch, etc. Ordered a kit for the truck alternator today. Will swap the stator as well as the brushes. Should be here in a few days. Once the lights start to flicker, you have a couple hundred miles maybe. Should be enough time. Hoping to also rebuild the leaky PS pump at the same time since it leaks onto the alternator. Also hoping to replace both belts as they have dried out and are near the end of their life. Look for more info with pics to follow!

Chris
June 18th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Nice Jeff, with all those trucks how do you decide which gets attention and which gets driven? Looking forward to seeing your next project whatever it may be on. :)

Tye
June 18th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I must agree with you Chris, maybe Jeff and Aaron have some sorta secret plan to buy up all the unwanted vehicles so none of us can have 'em...

Patrolman
June 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Well, it is pretty easy to decide what gets driven now.

I was out last night in the 94 Miata. Car won't shift into 5th now. It has done this before. It is now in the driveway. Easy fix, just need to pull the shift boot and clean out the shifter area.

Truck still runs/drives, but needs the minor work done. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours and $80 total for the alternator, PS pump rebuild, and belts. Just waiting on the parts.

The 4Runner is waiting on a FF rear axle with disc brakes. I am almost done with it and then have to swap it out. Also needs the same PS pump rebuild. Then it should be 100% complete with all the current mods I want and can be back on the road.

The Scout sucks gas so that is an easy decision. Also needs plugs and all the fluids changed. Runs well, but just needs maintenance. Patrol is awaiting the "resto" so it is also parked. 240z is only 1/2 together, so obviously not going anywhere!

I tell my wife that I am going out to the garage to work on the "fleet". We went to a Hotrod show this evening. A guy had a 71 Chevelle SS with 454. ALL original and 2nd owner. NICE car. Appraised 3 years ago at $150,000. Just hoping that something I own makes those same leaps/bounds!

Chris
June 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Your wife is more understanding than mine!

71 Chevelle SS at $150,000, damn! I suspect my old '57 Chevy's grown in value from the $300 I paid for it in '67. :eek:

Patrolman
June 18th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Fortunately I owned the house for at least a year when I first started dating my wife. That said, as we got more serious, I made the statement "the driveway and garage are mine no matter what happens". She also likes that I have some cool rigs and bought her the 99 Miata as a wedding gift. At least that keeps her happy enough to ride in the Toyota every so often!

The Muscle car prices have gone through the ROOF. The Chevy's seem to be drawing the biggest $, but the Fords and now the Mopars are right behind. 240Z's are cool too, right?!

Chris
June 18th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I think my wife (girlfriend at the time) may have been a bit surprised the first time she came to my apt when we were dating to find my motorcycle in the livingroom. ;)

240Z's a cool! Need some early turn signals? Got some from Pull-n-Save I was going to use on the pig. :)

My wife told me the garage in our new place is mine. Unspoken then is the house is hers. :lol:

Patrolman
June 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
No motorcycles in the living room here. Wife would throw a fit. Both my brother and my neighbor do that though.

Don't think I need turn signals. They sell well on Ebay if they are 240. 280 turn lenses aren't worth much.

The only nice thing is that I had staked my claim on a good portion of the house before I met my wife. Our next house, I could easily be living in the garage!

Chris
June 19th, 2008, 08:12 PM
:lol:

Barb said the garage is mine in the new place, asked if that meant the house is hers and she just smiles.

The motorcycle was in my bachelor days. Sure wouldn't go over at all now!

I think the signals are early 240Z, chrome bezeled, angled. I'll have to do some checking and will probably send them to eBay some time.

Patrolman
June 19th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah, my wife gets a little irked over the driveway sometimes. Generally is cool about it.

Shoot me some pics of the turn lenses or post them up for me to take a look when you get a chance. Could always bring them Saturday too if you want.

Chris
June 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I think they're still upacked so I should be able to bring them. Thanks!

Patrolman
June 25th, 2008, 09:58 AM
So made some more "progress". Got tired of putting the doors on/off of the truck, so took the old empty shells of doors and cut them down for 1/2 doors. Still need to fill in the missing sections, make an interior panel, and hopefully make a clear vinyl window.

Patrolman
June 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Also got the 90amp stator in yesterday! Yay! Will take a couple hours to put it in once I get all the other stuff lined up.

5280Hawk
June 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM
So made some more "progress". Got tired of putting the doors on/off of the truck, so took the old empty shells of doors and cut them down for 1/2 doors. Still need to fill in the missing sections, make an interior panel, and hopefully make a clear vinyl window.

Why do you want the clear vinyl? just for weather?

Patrolman
June 25th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah. Going to make some "windows" that cover the large holes in the doors now. Just nice to keep water out of the cab. Should be able to find something cheap enough.

5280Hawk
June 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
You should do em w. velcro, then you could pull them out when its nice.

Patrolman
June 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM
That is the plan. Would like to have the plastic stitched into some black vinyl, but will settle for just the plastic windows velcroed onto the door frames for now.

Patrolman
June 26th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Installed the new 90 amp stator. Also new brushes. The brushes seem to be a little noisy. May not have seated quite right. Any case, it is in and works. Followed these instructions for the stator. Also taped the wires to avoid any contact with the case.
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/alternator/
Also rebuilt the PS pump and installed it today. New PS and Alt belts. Wrote a little guide as I couldn't find anything online for a PS rebuild.
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2732

Patrolman
June 26th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Tossed a new cable on the 8274 this evening. Not nearly as long as the old cable. Old one was WAY too long. I think it was 150'. I think this is 100'. Fits nicer on the spool. Also will allow for a stronger pull in short distances. I had stalled the winch out several times with the other cable even with a snatchblock.

Patrolman
July 2nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
So I figured out what the ticking was from the alternator. There is a copper sleeve on the shaft that spins. That sleeve got slightly bent and the brushes were "jumping" since they ride on it. Can't really be fixed, but easy enough to replace. Found a matching alternator and just pulled out the entire rotor assembly and put it into my alternator. Back in business.

I think the problem was some sort of hint from the heavens. When I was pulling the alternator out today, noticed the water pump is leaking pretty good. Already have a brand new one on the shelf for just such an occasion! Wonder what else on the front of the engine can go bad now, right? Should run like a top after the water pump is done!

Patrolman
July 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Today was time to replace the leaking water pump. Noticed it when working on the alternator. Had a nice little dribble coming down the front of the oil pump. Hadn't been too long since it wasn't really low on antifreeze. Along with replacing the pump with a brand new pump, I also replaced all 3 radiator hoses and put in fresh antifreeze.

Funny thing is that the old pump was OLD. It was a AISIN pump, which is what Toyota used from the factory I believe. This likely isn't the original 225,000 mile pump, but it may have been serviced by the dealer at some point in its life.

I did find that the new pump didn't fit quite right. The impeller had 1 fin that was a bit too long. Rubbed on a small portion of the timing cover case. Nothing that a dremel can't fix. Just shaved off a tiny bit of the fin so it fits nicely and turns smooth.

While I had the original mechanical fan out, I tried putting in an electric fan. Picked up a 2 speed Ford Taurus fan yesterday. Doesn't seem to fit behind the radiator. Just can't see how there is enough room. Maybe I got the wrong year or something. Will look more into it later. In the meantime, back to the mechanical. Doesn't seem to cool quiet enough in Summer on hot days. Engine runs too cold in the Winter. Thought the electric would allow the engine temps to stabilize, plus it will reduce the load on the engine, resulting in a little HP to be freed up.

Patrolman
July 10th, 2008, 08:52 PM
So had the truck out running errands today. As I turn the corner on my street just a mile from home, it starts to make an awful noise. After a couple blocks a bad smell like something is burning comes from under the hood. I turn the engine off and coast downhill towards home. Noise stops and no bad smell when the engine is off so I basically coast all the way home.

Turns out, there is a pulley that is an adjuster for the PS pump. The bearings in it seized up and the pulley froze. The brand new PS belt was burning itself on it and throwing small chunks of rubber all over under the hood. No major damage and the belt is still useable. Luckily I had an extra pulley wheel and replaced it in 10 mins this evening.

Patrolman
July 16th, 2008, 02:01 PM
So I replaced the hood on the pickup the other day. The original hood was slightly bent and didn't close well at all. Would pop up 1 latch on the highway sometimes. Was afraid it was going to fly open. Anyways, now the truck really needs a paint job!

Chris
July 16th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Looks like it's time to get to that camo job ;)

Painting my kitchen today, want some paint? :lol:

Patrolman
July 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Did you paint the kitchen camo? If so, send some my way!

Chris
July 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
:lol: Might as well have been, the PO's were big fans of the "Southwest Style" geometric look. Looks better with just sheetrock and assorted holes and tears!

Patrolman
July 21st, 2008, 09:45 PM
1/2 of the doors are 1/2 doors! Yippee!!

Pathrat
July 22nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Cool doors!

Chris, the PO of my place (a 25 year old dingbat) liked using white primer as paint! I have been repainting.

Chris
July 22nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
It's interesting what you find after-the-fact when buying a place Pathrat. We liked how clean the PO's kept the place we bought despite their poor decor. I thought my fiberglass shower enclosure was discolored from age until I spent a couple hours scrubbing today and it's just dirt and soap scum. A couple more hours and it will be clean. :eek:

Wow, that was a bad hijack - sorry Jeff!

Jeff, those doors look great! What's next up for the '87?

:2thumbs:

Patrolman
July 22nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah, not sure how bad paint jobs and soap scum applies to my "build", right?!

Next will be to finish off the passenger door so I can mount it up too. Looks kinda silly with just the driver door. Wanted to take it out for a spin and make sure it all worked and I liked it before I put a lot of work into the passenger door. Then there will be velcro on plastic window covers for each door.

Next project will be to adapt the hydraulic lift for the snowplow I think. I also need to rebuild the 8274. It has leaked and doesn't hold a lot of fluid to start with.

Chris
July 22nd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah, not sure how bad paint jobs and soap scum applies to my "build", right?!

:lol:

Maybe there's a name for your truck there.

Next will be to finish off the passenger door so I can mount it up too. Looks kinda silly with just the driver door. Wanted to take it out for a spin and make sure it all worked and I liked it before I put a lot of work into the passenger door. Then there will be velcro on plastic window covers for each door.

Next project will be to adapt the hydraulic lift for the snowplow I think. I also need to rebuild the 8274. It has leaked and doesn't hold a lot of fluid to start with.

I wish I had half your ambition Jeff, reading your threads makes me realize just how lazy I really am. :p

Patrolman
July 22nd, 2008, 10:20 PM
Soap Scum? That might be a proper name.

I am trying to stay busy this Summer. Feeling decent enough to get out and do things most days. After a couple years of falling behind in my maintenance and projects, it is time to get some stuff done while I can.

Patrolman
August 29th, 2008, 03:03 PM
So last night at the DNC, the wife and I just tossed around a couple names. First one out, and the one that stuck, Frank. Not sure why. Just because.

Patrolman
January 10th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Put a Tuffy center console box into the truck. Scored it used for $20 with the key! Fits like a glove between the seats. Will be moving the CB into the center console box to secure it and free up some dashboard space.

Chris
January 10th, 2009, 06:44 PM
$20! :eek:

What a steal, good for you!

Pathrat
January 10th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Looks quite useful and sturdy...nice buy

Patrolman
January 10th, 2009, 10:02 PM
He also tossed a 12v Coleman cooler to me for $20. Was cleaning out the garage as he was going to have to move. Been looking for an electric cooler for a while!

Patrolman
February 15th, 2009, 08:13 PM
So the truck was running like crap for a couple weeks. Literally. Smoking some and hardly able to idle. Happened on a -0 morning just 1 mile after a fresh tank of gas. Drove through that tank blaming it on bad gas. :(

Turns out, after 2 tanks from other stations now, that I better do something. Sprayed the inside of the carb down with carb cleaner as I thought the choke was sticking. When I pulled off the "boot" over the distributor cap, I noticed a wire had come off and a really cool arc to the block! 2 of the plug wires had been arc-ing and the cap and wires were toasted with corrosion. Digging in my parts bin realized a nearly new cap/rotor/wires from a parts rig. Yippie. Runs good as new again!

Funrover
February 15th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Nice updates... Glad it was a simple fix!

Patrolman
February 15th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Yep. Should plug away for several more years.

Patrolman
June 6th, 2009, 06:46 PM
So as it turns out, that didn't actually "fix" the root problem. Not that the plugs wires and cap were in great shape anyways. I got a carb and all associated parts from JKimmel. Slapped it on finally today and it works AWESOME. The truck runs SO much better. Nice and smooth. Shouldn't need any tune-up maintenance now for a while as I think I have gone through nearly everything! Time to put the 1/2 doors on and get back out into the hills again.

4Runninfun
June 6th, 2009, 10:51 PM
good to hear. i really like your half doors. When i finally decide to pony up and get some manual window doors for my ride (i HATE the elect windows) i'm gonna make some half doors as well.

Patrolman
June 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
My truck has the electric windows too. When I got the truck the driver door was missing the door panel and most of the window parts. I decided different doors were in order but all I could find was electric window doors. I would love to get a set of manual window doors with the wing window. My 4Runner has them and they are structurally more stable. The sheetmetal on the non-wing doors is just too weak. :(

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM
So as it turns out, that didn't actually "fix" the root problem. Not that the plugs wires and cap were in great shape anyways. I got a carb and all associated parts from JKimmel. Slapped it on finally today and it works AWESOME. The truck runs SO much better. Nice and smooth. Shouldn't need any tune-up maintenance now for a while as I think I have gone through nearly everything! Time to put the 1/2 doors on and get back out into the hills again.

glad jeremy was able to help man! and happy to hear your truck is running better. Get it out on the trail!!! lol

Patrolman
June 7th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Yep, this weekend has been devoted to fixing the cars. Carb on the truck, brakes on the :princess: car. The list goes on and on. Next weekend is a clutch to address. Ugh. I need a job so I have an excuse to take weekends off!

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 05:47 PM
what are you doing weekends? with no work id figure you have all the free time in the world... lol

Patrolman
June 7th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Weekends are usually assigned projects from the :princess:. I think there is the belief that I do nothing all week and of course I should then be doing something productive on the weekends. If I had a job, I would have a legit excuse for "I am too tired to work this weekend around the house". I guess 50 hours of job search isn't worthy enough for a weekend off. ;)

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 07:43 PM
ahh ok, didnt know your situation, i knew your looking for work and figured you could take a bit of time off to play but you know what to do best for you and yours. :thunb:

Patrolman
June 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Things are getting knocked out slowly one at a time. Getting the truck running again was 1 of those things. Wrap up a few other lagging projects and then I should be able to go play! Did I mention that as soon as I find a job the first thing I am going to do is take a vacation? :)

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 07:50 PM
i need a vacation..... have yet to have one since 94' when i started working...

Patrolman
June 7th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I feel your pain. I haven't left Colorado/Utah since then either. Someday I will actually see a beach. Maybe even get on an airplane.

4Runninfun
June 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I didn't realize that the elect doors were weaker. now i really wanna get manual doors. and i too want the wing windows, i love them for long road trips they vent the cab well without all the noise.

Patrolman
June 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I don't think it is the electric doors that are weaker, but rather the non-wing doors. I think the rail that allows the front of the roll down window to go down must provide some additional support to the skin as well. The skin on my wing windows is tough. The skin on the non-wing window just doesn't have the same support. It flexes and dents easier. Also when I put on the larger mirrors, they vibrate more because the doors just don't seem to have the rigidity. I won't go with a set without the wings again.

Patrolman
August 9th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Shouldn't need any tune-up maintenance now for a while as I think I have gone through nearly everything! Time to put the 1/2 doors on and get back out into the hills again.

Guess I spoke too soon back in June. I wanted to put the 1/2 doors on, but no cigar this year. Yuck.

Also, as posted, I need to replace the high pressure power steering line. It burst open like the Grand Canyon. Rebuilt the pump before, so guess it is time to do this.

Also, the clutch master cylinder has been leaking like crazy. At least once it drained over night. SO, I rebuilt it this evening. Super easy to do. Spent more time removing/installing it than rebuilding it. 30 mins total maybe. I will also be putting in a new slave cylinder (only $11) and bleeding the entire setup. Hope to not have to address any of it again soon!

Patrolman
August 10th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Clutch parts all got completed this afternoon and the power steering line this evening. Everything back to "normal". Still has issues that need addressed, but at least it rolls down the road for now.

Brody
August 11th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Glad to see that it is coming along! I don't know how you manage to maintain all of your rigs, man! I have my hands full with what LaDawn and I have and I am still behind!

1freaky1
August 11th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Xs 2 on what Pete said I still need to do oil changes on both our rides and some other things.

Brody
August 11th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Speaking of oil changes:

Advanced Auto is doing a sale for 5 quarts of synthetic plus a filter for $25. I just saw this ...

I try to run synthetic as often as I can, but usually can't afford the extra $$.

Patrolman
August 11th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Checker is also having oil/filter deals right now. Under $15 I think.

Patrolman
August 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Glad to see that it is coming along! I don't know how you manage to maintain all of your rigs, man! I have my hands full with what LaDawn and I have and I am still behind!

A few vehicles are waiting on parts, so they are parked and covered. The Scout, Patrol, a Miata, and 240z are all parked. I also parked the 4Runner tentatively until I can address some things on it. Only vehicles on the road are 3 Miata's, Toyota truck, Forester, Escort and Vette... Only a few, huh? :)

Patrolman
September 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
SO, it turns out the problem wasn't really steering related, at least I think. A couple weeks ago I had the front end up and moved everything around. Couldn't find a weak link. The problem was getting worse and definitely from the driver side. I thought it was a wheel bearing. Bought new bearings this morning and tore into it. The bearings on the driver side both looked good, but had old grease in them. Then I noticed the lower ball joint had split the boot. Luckily I had a spare, so I dug it out. When I removed the old BJ, I noticed that it was REALLY loose. It actually clunks around in the socket! The truck got that replaced and the bearings all greased up good. Hopefully that resolves it all!

Best news is that when I was moving the front end parts around to replace the ball joint, the outer CV boot split open... One more thing to tackle. Luckily with locking hubs the CV's don't spin, so this is not a critical issue. Just terribly frustrating...

Patrolman
April 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM
A minor update. I took the truck to the e-test Saturday morning. After 20 minutes or so of the techs poking around it and pointing, they finally tested it. Only had to sign one waiver as the hood doesn't shut tight. It passed with flying colors though. Thanks to Jeremy's carb that it got last Spring! Good for another 2 years. I have hesitated to do ANY work on it or put any $ into it until it passed. Time to get some things addressed on it! :)

CR
April 29th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Good to hear!

Chris
April 29th, 2010, 10:08 PM
After 20 minutes or so of the techs poking around it and pointing, they finally tested it.

They did that to me too, really funny watching them try to find something wrong. I passed on the quick pass and a warning the my CE light needed to be fixed. I told them it only goes on when there's a problem so it's working like it should. :rolleyes:

Brody
April 30th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Nice to hear, Jeff! Hope things are well with you!

Patrolman
April 30th, 2010, 08:23 PM
The funny thing is that they were looking at the vacuum diagram under the hood and pointing at it. They obviously didn't take into consideration that the hood is clearly a different color than the truck. Came off a completely different year. Can't imagine why it doesn't match the truck vac lines. The fortunate thing is this is the last year of the 22r, hence no EFI, and no check engine light. :)

Patrolman
February 14th, 2011, 09:12 PM
So an update is in order. The truck has been sold to another member on the board, so this thread might be updated sooner or later. I still intend to find a Toyota Custom Cab truck from the 1980's, so kept some of the goodies my other truck will need. Kept the bumper/winch, 90-amp stator/alternator, Rancho torsion bars, Tuffy console box, snowplow, topper. The truck still has a sweet setup with the 33's and the rear electric locker. Should still prove a capable rig and a good work truck!