PDA

View Full Version : Good Trails for full size trucks.

AccordRanger
January 19th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Hey guys been looking to get out on a trail, its been well over a year since I have hit one up. What are some good moderate trails that will fit a F250 crew cab short bed? Looking for something that doesn't have to many trees that will pinstripe it. It has a 3" lift and 35's

ExplorerTom
January 19th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Yankee Hill
peak 10
georgia Pass
bill Moore Lake
of course most of these are snowed in.

trails NOT good:
Red Cone
Red Elephant Hill
Mill Creek
T-33a

Atl-atl
January 19th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions other than running Middle St. Vrain(MSV) and Coney Flats recently which were full-size friendly until the last 10%. Im also in for more info. There have been some other threads that full size guys seem to frequent that make me think a full size run is definitely doable. Heck, even the FR4x4 anniversary run at China Wall seems like it will be full-size friendly, packed with people/fun, camping etc. and will surely be a good time.

Jim
January 19th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Pole Hill
Johnny Park (I think - open to second opinions)
Bright Trail / Taylor Mountain (but then, the main trail is suitable to my 5" clearance Honda station wagon)
I think it's safe to say the creek area of Sevenmile is safe enough. After transitioning from the low creek to the high area in the pine trees - that 3/4 mile section can be a tad tight.
Last I recall - Moody Hill would be on my list

Tom
January 20th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Not good Webster Pass unless you like brown pants.

Java
February 12th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Pole Hill
Johnny Park (I think - open to second opinions)
Bright Trail / Taylor Mountain (but then, the main trail is suitable to my 5" clearance Honda station wagon)
I think it's safe to say the creek area of Sevenmile is safe enough. After transitioning from the low creek to the high area in the pine trees - that 3/4 mile section can be a tad tight.
Last I recall - Moody Hill would be on my list

Johnny Park for sure. Here's a video from last year, you can see how wide most of it is. Gorgeous area too.

http://vimeo.com/99581672

http://vimeo.com/99581672

AccordRanger
February 12th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Ive run Johnny. Wanted to take my truck when I went camping but the front center caps didn't have a cutout for the hubs so I only had 2wd.

southpaws3
February 19th, 2015, 01:08 AM
i run a suburban lifted 38" plus i pull a trailer, i just go sorry not alot of help but i don't have pinstripes either ,slow is fast-fast is slow, get the colorado trail hardback book at high country performance , if you are going to china wall i'll bring it so you can see the book , hopefully that helps a little