PDA

View Full Version : "back to top" button

xaza
November 25th, 2014, 05:56 AM
I have noticed the back to top button missing since the update. Is it going to be coming back?

javaman34
November 25th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I noticed that, but I thought it was a problem with my computer.

Jim
November 25th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I know not this button you speak of.

Where was it?

Did it float on the screen or was it in one place?

Chris
November 25th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I knew something was missing - I think it was a floating button. :brody:

Jim
November 25th, 2014, 12:43 PM
OK. I can revert the changes. I did them in two or three stages.

I'll post up with status (when there is status).

Mr6dwg
November 25th, 2014, 12:57 PM
That button was always slower than the "Top" button for me.

Chris
November 25th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Worked great for me, now I recall it was a shade of yellow making it easy to spot.

Jackie
November 25th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I noticed it was missing as well, but I didn't care because I see the link at the bottom for "Top". Everything still seems to work fine, But a more "stand-out" button like before might be better.:thumb:

Jim
November 26th, 2014, 12:31 PM
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?21176-Notification-Issues&p=277126#post277126

I'm considering the "Back to Top" issue a part of the "notifications" thread issue. All items are tied together. Back to Top disappeared when I modified [removed modifications] the forum's footer code to resolve the scheduled tasks issue (which is needed for v_session clearing & notification processing).

Tom
November 26th, 2014, 01:17 PM
No need for a btttop button if you use a tablet. Just flip a finger over the screen and watch it spin to the top. Desktop and Laptop browsers are soo old school. :lmao:

Jim
November 26th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Tabs baby - no top needed.

Jump into the forum with a bookmark to the "Unread Posts" function. Open links in a new tab from the list of new threads screen. Click the "Mark Forums Read" link from that page. Close that page/tab. By the time I'm done reviewing / opening tabs in the background on the threads screen, all tabs are fully loaded. From there I close the threads listing tab, read the next tab in the line - top to bottom - then close that tab and move on. When all tabs are closed, I'm done.

If on the desktop I need to go to the top - HOME button pressed - done.

Chris
November 26th, 2014, 05:38 PM
That's a lot of steps!

Jim
November 26th, 2014, 07:37 PM
POWER FORUM PROCESSING - all the wheat with no chaff - because I'm still a work'n stiff and time is precious. :lmao:

Chris
November 26th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Sorry, I forget! :D

The line of script I PM'd shouldn't interfere with anything and can be placed anywhere before the close of the body tag, just should be close to the bottom to make sense.

By the « Previous Thread (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?22440-Saturday-29th-Slaughter-House&goto=nextoldest) | Next Thread (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?22440-Saturday-29th-Slaughter-House&goto=nextnewest) » may be good.

Jim
December 12th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Toying with Back To Top code changes. A work in progress. See the Notifications thread for full details.

Jim
December 16th, 2014, 10:35 PM
The original back to top is.... back. I think it'll be able to stay - TBD.