PDA

View Full Version : November 15th CARNAGE Report

MultiScuf
November 15th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Well today I was of roading Pickle Glutch with the group. I was doing pretty well I love the run the only that that happened is roof fell off.....Dont know how that happened. I broke all the u joints in my front drive shaft. The drive shift its self its still good. But going to get clean up later tonight. Thanks everyone for from helping get of the trail. Pictures will be up tomorrow

gm4x4lover
November 15th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Dude your English is something to be desired. Your roof fell off while you were roading pickle gulch?

Chris
November 15th, 2014, 07:44 PM
:lmao: I don't recall anyone losing roof on a run before.

MultiScuf
November 15th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Dude your English is something to be desired. Your roof fell off while you were roading pickle gulch?
This computer dosnt have spell check lol and it is. Roof rack did

gm4x4lover
November 15th, 2014, 07:50 PM
When I was a kid there wasn't spell check (your spelling isn't bad but you have the wrong words in lots of sentences). Your grammar and punctuation is terrible, it makes it really hard to read anything you type. What do they teach in schools theses days?

Jim
November 15th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Hey Brandon, perhaps it would be wise to elaborate to the forum a bit of your background / countries you've lived in...

(though, yes, some of your posts do not convey the correct message / the message you intend conveyed - and thus there is a communication breakdown)

MultiScuf
November 15th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Ill update it when I am home. Anyway back to the Carnage :P

Brad
November 15th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Well today I was of roading Pickle Glutch with the group. I was doing pretty well I love the run the only that that happened is roof fell off.....Dont know how that happened. I broke all the u joints in my front drive shaft. The drive shift its self its still good. But going to get clean up later tonight. Thanks everyone for from helping get of the trail. Pictures will be up tomorrow

Today I was joined by our fellow members on pickle gulch. I was having a great time, however suddenly my roof came off. Not sure where the failure occurred. I broke all the u joints in my driveshaft. Thankfully the shaft is still in usable condition. Plan on cleaning it up tonight. Thanks to all who helped me get off the trail. I will post pics tomorrow.

At least that's my take on the original post. :thumb:

Rick
November 15th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Not sure where the failure occurred.LOL it occurred when he went under a branch that didn't give.... Still in the back of my truck......

MultiScuf
November 15th, 2014, 10:01 PM
LOL it occurred when he went under a branch that didn't give.... Still in the back of my truck......

Yea basically. Send me a pm with your info. I will come by and get it it. Thanks for trucking it back.

Patrolman
November 15th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I guess that I will be the first to say it. Pics? :)

Jim
November 15th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I'm curious to hear how the snow was. It snowed in town much of the day. I'd imagine the hills received a fair bit.

Java
November 16th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Dude your English is something to be desired.

ummm....

88Toy
November 16th, 2014, 07:11 PM
OK, all schooling aside, where are those pics?

MultiScuf
November 16th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Shattered U Joints

gm4x4lover
November 16th, 2014, 08:21 PM
It looks like it wore out. At least the shafts is still good.

Patrolman
November 16th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Yep, that should be a fairly easy fix. Not fun on the trail, but better than a lot of other things that could have gone wrong!

The StRanger
November 16th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Yup. Its a cake fix..

MultiScuf
November 16th, 2014, 08:43 PM
I happy to say am glad its an easy fix.

EKXJ87
November 17th, 2014, 10:34 AM
So with your first snow trail run on the XJ what are the "bring backs" what did you learn/things that your need to successfully make it up and back on your own if needed?
Being somewhat new to wheeling myself I always have a few things I bring back from each trip to make me/rig more "prepped" and enjoyable.

MultiScuf
November 17th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Well I think I learned a lot about what my rig can do. I definitely going to bring my own tools next trip out. I also need to work out my CB radio so if thing do go worse I can get help. Also not bringing half broken rig in the snow might have been the best choice. When it comes to driving. Need to work on my lines and probably air down for a nicer ride/Less chance of breaking things.

Rick
November 17th, 2014, 11:17 AM
leave plenty of space between you and the guy in front of you....:erm: lol

MultiScuf
November 17th, 2014, 11:20 AM
hehe yes.

Chris
November 17th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Did someone learn like I did? :rolleyes:

Actually this is when I learned my e-brake wasn't working. Wheeler Lake walking back to our trucks and the other guy says "Hey Chris, is your truck rolling?"

MultiScuf
November 17th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Alright now for bigger update. Today we put the jeep on the lift around 7:30am and by 11am we had it of lift and running. We found I shatter my tranny mount,Entire front end drive shaft, and that my brake lines we knot up. So after clearing up up what need to get fix right anyway and what need to get fix right away. I head into to work to grab parts and to the junkyard. Got a new tranny mount at work. Priced out the driveshaft at the junkyard. After about 2hrs we wheeled back into and took it for drive after seeing the difference in having a non smashed tranny mount I was happy. So we but back up on the lift check all the fluids,welds,and joints. About an hour later we had off the lift and purring like tiger. So later in the week I need to actually make time to tear out drive shaft at the yard. If anyone can come with me that would be very hopefully(I don't know how to pull it out). Anyway I should have 4wd up and running by the weekend.

MultiScuf
November 17th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Did someone learn like I did? Just like that but my light isn't broken.

EKXJ87
November 17th, 2014, 11:38 AM
:thunb: That nice to hear, there is alot of good folks/suggestions here that's the beauty of a "good forum". While your XJ did very well getting up and down the trail in semi stock form things will happen and break.
For my 2-cents you could have made it off the mountain by yourself (not that I recommend wheeling alone) you knew what was broken and how to fix it but yea lacked some tools and your right by airing down you may have made it up that slope with out a tow line but then you would have needed to air back up? or even just having 1 pair of snow chains would have done the trick.
The last and least favorite option would you and your passengers have supplies to last the night or walk out???
These are the thoughts that run through my head during and after a run.

94ToyBear
November 17th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Good luck finding a good rear drive shaft they are usally trashed from the fork lift or trackers that pick them up.
Probably best to rebuild yours if it in good condition and just need new u joints.

If anything Bill at Englewood drive shaft will be the guy to call. Bill is a FR member.

Alright now for bigger update. Today we put the jeep on the lift around 7:30am and by 11am we had it of lift and running. We found I shatter my tranny mount,Entire front end drive shaft, and that my brake lines we knot up. So after clearing up up what need to get fix right anyway and what need to get fix right away. I head into to work to grab parts and to the junkyard. Got a new tranny mount at work. Priced out the driveshaft at the junkyard. After about 2hrs we wheeled back into and took it for drive after seeing the difference in having a non smashed tranny mount I was happy. So we but back up on the lift check all the fluids,welds,and joints. About an hour later we had off the lift and purring like tiger. So later in the week I need to actually make time to tear out drive shaft at the yard. If anyone can come with me that would be very hopefully(I don't know how to pull it out). Anyway I should have 4wd up and running by the weekend.

Rick
November 17th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Good luck finding a good rear drive shaftits his front one..it looked to me as if he only needed to replace the ujoints

EKXJ87
November 17th, 2014, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=MultiScuf; So later in the week I need to actually make time to tear out drive shaft at the yard. If anyone can come with me that would be very hopefully(I don't know how to pull it out).[/QUOTE]
Thats the nice thing about the yard if you F-something up you just move on to the next Cherokee !!! wrench's/sockets and a BFH. you'll be fine

xaza
November 17th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Measure your drive shaft before heading to the yard, I have seen 3 different length front shafts. I second the option of calling Bill. You may be at enough lift height to need it's length adjusted.

gm4x4lover
November 17th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Brandon who is helping you fix your jeep? Any reason you are wanting to replace the drive shafts instead of replacing the u joints?

94ToyBear
November 17th, 2014, 05:41 PM
You might be in luck ! U joints suck but theres lot to learn from them. If you need some help I might be able to help. Let me know.

its his front one..it looked to me as if he only needed to replace the ujoints

MultiScuf
November 17th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Brandon who is helping you fix your jeep? Any reason you are wanting to replace the drive shafts instead of replacing the u joints?

I broke the all the U joints. An the double U joint shaft holders(I think thats what its called). I also manged to break the top part of it of a bit. I having shop called Broadway auto tech do my work. There really friendly guyz and know whats right. I really wanna start doing the work myself but I dont have a lift. I be there most of tomorrow and than digging into other same project which ill post about later in the build thread.

Chris
November 17th, 2014, 07:21 PM
I don't know anything about that shop but you should call Bill at Bill's Englewood Driveshaft on Broadway. I think everyone here will agree that nobody's better than Bill and I'm pretty sure he still gives FR members a break. ;)

MultiScuf
November 17th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I don't know anything about that shop but you should call Bill at Bill's Englewood Driveshaft on Broadway. I think everyone here will agree that nobody's better than Bill and I'm pretty sure he still gives FR members a break. ;)
I already have other shaft just got too put it in. Thanks ill give bill a call in the morning and see what he says

Brad
November 18th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Bills the man! When it comes to drive shafts there's none better in my opinion. I need to see him about a rear driveshaft in my 95.

MultiScuf
November 18th, 2014, 02:01 PM
All new driveshaft in and painted. Drive shaft done by bill installed by AAA Trans. Thanks for the info guyz

Rick
November 18th, 2014, 02:30 PM
:thumb:

Chris
November 18th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Looks like you've got the maintenance taken care of, right?

MultiScuf
November 18th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Looks like you've got the maintenance taken care of, right?
Most of it. Now I just be looking at my braking system. I add a few things to jeep since I gotten and notice that the brakes aren't up to where I like them.

MultiScuf
November 27th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Well I figured out why I suck going up the trail 2 weeks ago. I turn out I thought I was running at 22psi and I actually running at 30..... Double check tire pressure going to be on my list of thing to do now..... Also got tire gauge now :D