PDA

View Full Version : Need work on my 4Runner

Fireball
June 23rd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Howdy,
I'm trying to keep it in the club. :steer:

I need to have some work done on my 2006 4Runner V8

I ordered axles from CVJ and need them installed. Both of my front are leaking grease. I ordered the replacement axle they offer with the silicone boot. I'll be picking up the axles on Wednesday. I purchased the seals from the toyo dealership. I also bought an extra diff plug (just in case) and washer. I have all the parts for the job, need it installed correctly, by someone that knows 4Runners.

What I need done:

Front axles installed
Diff fluid change
Lube

What are my options? Looking to pay, barter, beg, or whatever. I'm in Denver and can drive anywhere to get this done. The boots are leaking but not clicking. There's time to schedule it to be convenient.

Thanks,
Steve

Fireball
June 30th, 2014, 05:53 PM
:wrench::wrench: I had my axles installed, drivetrain lubed, front diff drained and filled. :wrench::wrench: She runs great. The mechanic I found does work on the side and is also mobile. He came to my house and did the work in my garage. I never got to hang out at my own house while having my car worked on. Guess what, it's actually pretty nice. I did my own thing and checked in from time to time.
I feel good about the work that was done. I provided all the parts and he took it from there.

I don't want to run ads on here for services but if anyone needs the contact info for him just let me know.

94ToyBear
June 30th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Wow I cant believe no one here jumped on this...this was the first time seeing your post sorry

Fireball
July 1st, 2014, 12:32 PM
No worries but I'll let you know next time.

The StRanger
July 1st, 2014, 01:32 PM
Wow I cant believe no one here jumped on this...this was the first time seeing your post sorry

I would have but they one of the techs down here got popped running a side biz.
No more side work !!!! Family only !!

Chris
July 1st, 2014, 06:18 PM
We're family aren't we Sam? ;)

The StRanger
July 1st, 2014, 10:15 PM
Agreed But !! This will last a couple of months..