PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk App

JFjeld
May 20th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Are there any plans to make this forum compatible with the Tapatalk mobile app? I use this app for several other forums and its a great way to keep appraised of forum topics, post updates, pictures, etc right from your phone.

http://tapatalk.com/

I know the app is free, but I'm uncertain if the hosting site has to pay fees or not.

Jim
May 20th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Tapatalk, I believe (Chris & Aaron can jump in if they wish), was used at some time in the past. I recall there being a security hole with it and it was removed.

The comment came up many months ago if there was interest and it seemed the interest was quite low / the general web interface was suitable. I am open to hear what others may wish though I am of the position to not rock the boat and introduce another vulnerability. Keeping the functionality that the forum offers while keeping things running is high on my list. Discuss...

JFjeld
May 20th, 2014, 10:12 AM
If we were to implement this feature, I certainly wouldn't want to compromise the forum security. But specific to the security concerns that were raised: were these concerns founded, published, and legitimate? Or was it a case of 'Someone on some forum heard that there might be an issue...'? And if these were legitimate findings, are they still valid or were they addressed with a newer version that might be available?

Haku
May 20th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Here is the thread talking about the vulnerability and whether to keep Tapatalk or not...

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?19789-Tapatalk-anyone-using-it

Myrtle Turtle
May 20th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I would use it if it were available.

ILuvtheMountains
May 20th, 2014, 10:19 PM
I like tapatalk mainly because I use my phone most of the time. Uploading pictures is much easier than the interface here but I like the trail run sign up feature and I'm not quite sure how that would work on tapatalk.
I really could go either way and will continue to use fr4x4 in whatever ways I can.