PDA

View Full Version : Arapahoe Roosevelt flood closure page

Tom
April 27th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Saw this on Twitter. Thought it might be useful to others

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/arp/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprd3792724 (http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/arp/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprd3792724)

javaman34
April 27th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Wow, more closed than I bought there would be.

ctracy5
April 27th, 2014, 09:18 AM
So basically everything North of Longmont is closed, well good thing I got the trooper ready for some for some the tougher trails down south.

Brad
April 27th, 2014, 09:47 AM
No dates set on reopening either. Hope they can get some of the upper trails open like johnny and pole.

teamhypoxia
April 27th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Bogus closures. We've already run pole hill post flooding. They'll probably try to keep them closed forever.

javaman34
April 27th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Bogus closures. We've already run pole hill post flooding. They'll probably try to keep them closed forever.

That seems to be the trend these days.

Java
April 27th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I was just at Red Feather Lakes on Wednesday and drove back down FS 162?? or whatever the rd is that goes from Red Feather Lakes rd to 14 and has both ends of Sevenmile Creek and it looked clear at the ends. We hiked a couple of trails off that road, they've put some nice new parking areas in, and some of the trail damage was incredible. Yesterday I was at Golden Gate Canyon State park and saw a lot of it on the Burro and Mountain Lion trails, it is amazing how much dirt washed away. The entire lower parking lot is closed, we hiked to it and some if it is just not there anymore. We guessed the big challenge is going to be bringing in fill dirt and rocks- there were areas that had washouts over 100' long and 5' deep / across. I guess they could get some from the surrounding areas, but it would just move the damage. We started adding up estimated dump truck loads and it's mind boggling how much would be needed in some areas, IDK if its even possible to restore everything. I think there are going to be bypassing more than repairing just based on what I saw, and if so I think that will go relatively quickly. Floods are no joke!

Rob
May 4th, 2014, 05:48 PM
We've already run pole hill post flooding.

Pole Hill is one of the trail that's closed seasonally. That's why it's closed now. That said, I hope it reopens on schedule.