PDA

View Full Version : Rotabroach

Hypoid
March 23rd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Add this to my "want" list: http://www.blairequipment.com/Rotabroach_Cutters/rota_cutters.html

JeepWrench
March 23rd, 2014, 08:58 AM
Im gonna order a set today. Will let you know how they work as I am constantly drilling holes through frames for someones project lol. Thanks for the link.

Fordguy77
March 23rd, 2014, 08:11 PM
They work great but get pretty pricey fast. I will say that aren't the greatest for a precise hole and have a tendency to walk a bit. At least that's been my experience with them at work.

zukrider
March 23rd, 2014, 08:48 PM
awesome stuff, just need to make a pilot punch before use in metal. they work wonders in plastic though.

Hypoid
March 23rd, 2014, 10:28 PM
I will say that aren't the greatest for a precise hole and have a tendency to walk a bit. At least that's been my experience with them at work.It seems like everything wants to walk. What works better?

Fordguy77
March 24th, 2014, 06:14 PM
It seems like everything wants to walk. What works better?
The best thing to do with the broaches is to drill a hole slightly larger than the centering pin they use and broach away with the pin riding in the hole. Aside from that its pretty much all the same really, the better the craftsman the better the hole. Unless you spend lots of money and start playing with the small mag base drills. Im still trying to get a connection for one, but sadly even used they are far outside my tool budget for a once in a while tool.

Cr33p3r
March 25th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Looks pretty interesting, definitely has to be better than the old style hole saws.

RidgeRunner
March 25th, 2014, 06:35 AM
I have the cutter kit. They cut great as long as you have a good center punch to guide them. The downside is they are expensive to replace when they break. I got mine form a Snap-On dealer and I was told at the time that the replacements came in 3 packs and they were almost as expensive as a new set.

Looks like the prices on that page are a little better than on the Snap-On truck. No surprise there.