PDA

View Full Version : Trails near Boulder?

ColoradoTJ
February 10th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I recently moved to Boulder from Colorado Springs and was wondering you guys favorite trails are around this area? They don't have to be super close to Boulder but close enough for a day trip. The only one I had ever heard of was Left Hand Canyon but obviously that is not going to happen anytime soon. I have looked on traildamage.com but I just wanted to get your opinions.

Jim
February 10th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Trails up CO 7 / St. Vrain Canyon (s/w from Lyons) are Miller Rock, Bunce School Road (& IronClads & T-33a off of Bunce), Miller St.Vrain / Coney Flats.

Trails up US-36 towards Estes Park (n/w from Lyons) are Johnny Park, Pole Hill, and a few others I can't recall right now. Rob certainly can fill some in.

flashboiler
February 10th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Many are closed now due to flood/winter.

Bunce School road is open, great for snowbashing as there's no death on it. In the summer the gate opens to the plane crash.

MSV/coney flats (closed for winter)

Miller Rock (Closed flood)

Rollins Pass/Jenny Creek Open but deeeeeep snow and shelf road.

Mammoth Gulch up over Kingston Peak down into Alice, Back up Yankee Hill back to Mammoth or out Apex. Great system of trails.

To name a few...

Max
February 11th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Welcome to Boulder!

BillAllenJKU
February 18th, 2014, 10:45 AM
I personally like Bunce no difficult just a fun easy drive in the mountains, but this summer want to check out T-33

The StRanger
February 18th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't mind doin T33 again..

BillAllenJKU
February 18th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Lets plan one for this summer

Tom
February 18th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Gordon Gulch is close and opens early. Not a lot there but its close. Switzerland trail super easy and close.

A bit further but one I love is Argentine Pass.