PDA

View Full Version : Don't let this lady "spot" for you!

Patrolman
March 30th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Lady tried to pull in our driveway to turn around on our street. After backing out, the "ifs" decided it wasn't gonna flex as she planted her bumper on our wall. Driver wheel was basically off the ground. Had to call her hubby to come help. He gunned it to get it off. Chipped some of the bricks off the brand new wall. She jumped in, they drove off. >:( Good thing wife is pals with a local cop and we have pics!

Chris
March 30th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Glad you had your camera handy! ;)

Funrover
March 30th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry about the brick but..ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Patrolman
March 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Yep... All I could think was the bumper was coming off. She had about 8" to go backwards before it dropped. It came off with minimal damage to the bumper. Glad I don't drive with her on snow. She can't stay on the road on a sunny dry day!

4Runninfun
March 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Good lord!!!! When you confront her about the bricks you should have a "Stupidity should be painful" sticker and smack it right on her forehead!

Patrolman
March 30th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I think the wife is gonna take care of getting the bricks fixed. She is about 5' 8", 185, and arms easily as big as mine. Don't piss her off! She put the bricks in so she is one tough cookie.

Worst part about this is the bricks are glued together. A contractor told me to use liquid nails to secure them. They are attached on the bottoms/tops to each other and on each side. None of them budged. To have a contractor come out and fix them will be a serious sledge and some effort! Likely will damage a couple more getting them out unless they use a concrete saw to cut them out. Either way, more than I can/will do.

bskey
March 30th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Wow! Brilliant! It's kinda funny watching dumbness like that unfold some times.

Brody
March 31st, 2008, 06:53 AM
Nice job with the pictures! nKinda hard to dispute that!

The lady driver would be too stupid to notice a stupid sticker on her forehead, BTW.

Let me know if you need a hand fixing the bricks.

4Runninfun
March 31st, 2008, 08:11 AM
She might not notice but at least it'd serve as a warning towards others.

Patrolman
March 31st, 2008, 07:42 PM
So called the lady today about the bricks after talking to my contractor neighbor. Her husband talked to me. Said that we were just trying to "scam" him out of $ and hung up on me. Then we called the cops. They came out and said they can't do much. The damage was on private property and wasn't done with "malicious" intent. Basically would have to get them to agree to pay or sue in civil court. It is only $12 in materials or so and several hours labor. Not worth the effort. Really bummed that now I have to take several hours out of my time to fix someones elses stupidity >:(. There, my gripe is done.

Funrover
March 31st, 2008, 09:09 PM
I'd keep calling!! >:( >:( But I have been known to be a dick at times! I guess it's not worth the $12 sorry for the hassle

4Runninfun
March 31st, 2008, 09:29 PM
Thats crap. So if she had plowed into your garage would you still be SOL? It happened on private property. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Patrolman
March 31st, 2008, 10:25 PM
It does sound like BS. But I can see where the cop was coming from. She technically didn't do anything with criminal intent like busting the bricks on purpose. And since the incident happened on private property then I guess he can't cite her. Had she skidded out of control on public roads and ended on my bricks, then I think he could cite her. As my dad says, the city likely just doesn't want the hassle. Not sure I do either over this. Just waiting for the poor sap who happens to skid off the road into these! Clearly they aren't gonna budge much! Did I mention Liquid Nails!?

4Runninfun
March 31st, 2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah for the $12 it'll cost you to fix them is it really worth getting all worked up over it? Probably better to just have a laugh at stupid people.

Patrolman
March 31st, 2008, 10:34 PM
That is kind of the point of view we are taking now... Only real concern is can we get it apart without busting the other bricks in the process. It is clearly low on the priority list of things to do at the house. So many other things to do that it may never get fixed. Wife is just upset because she spent at least an entire weekend last fall working on that corner of the driveway bricks. Not even 6 months old.

4runner freak
April 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Is there a lawyer on the board???

Jeff needs to get the hook up with a lawyer to call the people, all professional like, and tell them that photos can be sent to them.
They would have the option of paying a $500 fix it fee for materials and labor, or they can pay the outrageous legal fees to fight it in court.

Since a lawyer is calling, they will think the legal process has already begun and, I would think, would pay.

But you could also show up at there house with the pics and demand some loot.

OK, I'm done.