PDA

View Full Version : My latest carnage

Brucker
January 13th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Not to a vehicle but to myself. Decided to pick a fight with a big metal object. Needless to say, I think I lost. No photos from when it happened as I was the only one around. Drove myself to the hospital while holding a towel on the wound. Over 4 Hours later they used 14 stitches to close me back up. Good thing I was ugly to begin with 'cus this one will leave a scar. Here is a photo from this morning, couple days after the incident. Hard to tell but both eyes are turning black now as well. Good times:

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1044358_570619989698809_1192290729_n.jpg

Jackie
January 13th, 2014, 02:24 PM
OW! Damn that looks painful. I'm glad you're OK.

Rick
January 13th, 2014, 02:25 PM
:bang: OUCH!!!!!

flashboiler
January 13th, 2014, 02:56 PM
man that looks like it hurt, er hurts.

Haku
January 13th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Ouch indeed. Saw you post this on CO4x4 and was gonna wait till you did here too. What did you "Get in a fight with" if I might ask?

sunk
January 13th, 2014, 03:35 PM
That looks like it sucks. X2 on what kicked your a$$

Brucker
January 13th, 2014, 03:41 PM
My wife doesn't like to have to ask me twice to take out the trash....

Brucker
January 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
man that looks like it hurt, er hurts.

Worst part of this whole thing, Vicodin make me itchy and turn red and since I told them that, they would not prescribe me anything. Just Advil for this guy. Been a painful couple of days. But what is one to do, but take a minute to laugh at how stupid you were and then push on working hard to forget the pain?

Popsgarage
January 13th, 2014, 04:39 PM
What the heck kicked your but??????

Jim
January 13th, 2014, 04:42 PM
OOF - yea, that'll leave a scar - but less of one since you went for stitches (vs. tape it together or super glue'd it yourself).

How'd it happen again? Walk into metal? Metal tool get away from ya?
(or just forget I asked)

My wife doesn't like to have to ask me twice to take out the trash....

Humor factor still click'n!!

Funrover
January 13th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Yowza!!! That had to hurt.

Brucker
January 13th, 2014, 06:01 PM
OOF - yea, that'll leave a scar - but less of one since you went for stitches (vs. tape it together or super glue'd it yourself).

Tried to patch it up myself to no avail. Split open WAY too much and couldn't get it to stop bleeding long enough for anything to stick. Though I was seeing stars so that didn't help. Decided I should head to the ER once I started getting pretty light headed. Was afraid I lost too much blood and would pass out. But never passed out the entire 4+ hour wait at the docs. So I probably would have been fine. The doctor made me sign something saying I wouldn't sue him over the scar anyways so I probably should have just taken care of it myself.

Chris
January 13th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it hurt but look on the bright side, you'll come up with a story for future inquiries.

Knife fight comes to mind. ;)

Patrolman
January 13th, 2014, 07:23 PM
All of my scars are doing something idiotic. They typically make for some good story though. Hopefully you were doing something worthwhile! Glad it wasn't worse!

javaman34
January 13th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Holy crap. That will leave a mark. Glad you are ok.

alexb
January 13th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Doh!

You're gonna have kids asking you if you're the "real" Harry Potter!

Shane
January 13th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Just remember chicks dig scars........That reminds me I have to put out the trash tonight. Just kidding hope you feel better.

When my dad was doing some exhaust work about 15 years ago he was bending some SS exhaust pipe in the bender and jumped out and split his upper lip in half and knock out most of his front teeth.

WW2AVG
January 13th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Just remember chicks dig scars........

Is that a quote from "The Replacements"? :)

Shane
January 13th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Is that a quote from "The Replacements"?
It is but my dad used to tell me that when I did somethin stupid like building your bike ramp to high and whack your forehead on a branch and the bike keeps going. Or having your head smack by someones else throwing rocks and crack in the dome. Yah I have a few.:)

Cr33p3r
January 13th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Damn bro, whatever happened to keeping the damage to the fingers? Hope you heal up fast, let me know if you need help with anything.

dscowell
January 13th, 2014, 09:20 PM
That's GNARLY!

WW2AVG
January 13th, 2014, 09:22 PM
"The Replacements" is a classic!

But, back to the topic, that carnage looks painful!

Brucker: Your signature says that you "play with metal for a living". It appears that the metal was not in a playful mood that day! Ouch!

Brucker
January 13th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Damn bro, whatever happened to keeping the damage to the fingers? Hope you heal up fast, let me know if you need help with anything.

Lol. Was wondering when someone was going to bring that up. I thought it had been too long since a major injury since it has been two years since I tired to cut off one of my fingers.

The StRanger
January 13th, 2014, 10:28 PM
What dont kill, Leaves realy cool scar's

Jim
January 13th, 2014, 10:36 PM
I thought it had been too long since a major injury since it has been two years since I tired to cut off one of my fingers.

Well then, just have solace that this one almost took an eye...

Not having depth perception would suck.

Brucker
January 13th, 2014, 10:36 PM
I only have one person to blame for this idiotic adventure, and that's myself. I had just come back into the shop after being out in my lot looking for some used parts. Guess I didn't wipe my feet well enough. All I remember is pulling a stick of tube out of the bender and moving toward the fab table so I could test fit it. Then coming to on the ground, feeling like I had just broken my nose and lost some front teeth and realizing I was lying in a big pool of blood. Took a minute to figure out I hadn't done any real damage except the big gash in my forehead. After all is said and done, I believe I lost traction on the slippery epoxy covered floor because of my still wet shoes. And think I stuck the edge of my fab table, thus the "big metal object". Pretty sure I still have my right eye because I was wearing safety glasses as usual.

The StRanger
January 13th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Pretty sure I still have my right eye because I was wearing safety glasses as usual.

Its scary how fast this stuff happens.
`I saved my right eye due to safety glasses.

Cr33p3r
January 14th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Yeah safety glasses are definitely great, I've had steel removed from both eyes twice now and yes I was wearing safety glasses or my safety goggles when I got it in my eyes. I still have a good size piece of steel stuck in my left index finger from a 14" miter saw blade exploding on my, my sunglasses saved my eyes that time.

Popsgarage
January 14th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Then coming to on the ground,

Never had that happen and don't think I ever want to. I'm lucky enough to remember where every scar comes from. They do make for some interesting stories though.

Rob
January 14th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Drove myself to the hospital

On the bright side, you do live close to LUH. What was it, a two-minute drive? Next time (god forbid), get my number from the rescue list and call me. I'm just south of the hospital.

And if you need any grunt help around the shop in the next few days, give me a call. I'm free till the end of the month.

Chris
January 14th, 2014, 07:26 PM
I've had steel removed from both eyes twice now and yes I was wearing safety glasses or my safety goggle

Comes with the territory, I did that quite a few times. Once all I had was my Triumph and didn't know where the hospital was so I flew past a couple cops chatting at 3 in the morning so they could tell me where to go. The bastards let me drive past... :lmao:

Brucker
January 14th, 2014, 10:51 PM
On the bright side, you do live close to LUH. What was it, a two-minute drive? Next time (god forbid), get my number from the rescue list and call me. I'm just south of the hospital.

And if you need any grunt help around the shop in the next few days, give me a call. I'm free till the end of the month.

Rescue list is something I should remember. Thanks for the offer. Hope never to have to use it ;)

Don't know if it even took two minutes. I am on Alta St (3 blocks west of main off 11th), so it is close. The "new" fire station is about a block away as well. But honestly would be faster to drive to the hospital in an emergency than calling 911.

And thanks for the offer of help! I really do appreciate it. Although I could use all the help I can get, I have to be VERY careful about who "works" in my shop. Not just for the normal liability stuff, but also because I own and live on the property too. If anything were to happen, the person could take more than just my business in a lawsuit. But again, thanks for the offer!

Brucker
January 14th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Yeah safety glasses are definitely great, I've had steel removed from both eyes twice now and yes I was wearing safety glasses or my safety goggles when I got it in my eyes. I still have a good size piece of steel stuck in my left index finger from a 14" miter saw blade exploding on my, my sunglasses saved my eyes that time.

Only had to have the doctor remove metal from my eye once with a dremil and REALLY hope to never have to go through that again. Had a drill bit explode on me and pieces still got through my safety glasses. Oh and interesting fact, I own a nicer dremil than they do. And probably use one better. Scary doesn't even start to describe that situation.

Brucker
January 14th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Never had that happen and don't think I ever want to. I'm lucky enough to remember where every scar comes from. They do make for some interesting stories though.

I pretty much remember every accident and mishap I have been in, except this one. Still makes me a little uneasy.

Rob
January 14th, 2014, 11:22 PM
I have to be VERY careful about who "works" in my shop. Not just for the normal liability stuff, but also because I own and live on the property too. If anything were to happen, the person could take more than just my business in a lawsuit. But again, thanks for the offer!

Ah, didn't think about that, but I understand. We got a personal liability umbrella policy last year in case our knucklehead mail carrier gets stung by one of the Italian honeybees that gather by the hundreds on the lavender out front.

Brad
January 15th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Wow! Was not expecting this when I opened this thread! Glad your ok! I once did something similar to the bridge of my nose. I was able to patch it together with 2 butterfly enclosures. Can barely see the scar. I remember thinking there was a lot of blood though.

Java
January 15th, 2014, 07:47 AM
that hurts just to look at. Glad you're OK!! :thumb:

Popsgarage
January 15th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Still makes me a little uneasy.

Don't blame ya. That'd weird me out as well.

Brucker
January 17th, 2014, 01:19 PM
It's been one week (7 days) since I decided to rearrange my face. I am VERY surprised at how fast I am healing up. Got the stitches removed last night. I still have some soreness around the area and in my nose. And there is still some bruising around my eyes and forehead, but no more open wound. I will have a decent scar but was already planning on it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1525624_572765609484247_526355487_n.jpg

Thanks again for the well wishes and the much deserved mockery. Next time I will be sure to do what my wife asks of me the first time ;)

Haku
January 17th, 2014, 01:32 PM
That isn't bad at all, once it heals up it'll hardly be noticeable. Good excuse for that nose job you've been talking about getting for the last year though right? :P

Its definitely crazy how fast stuff heals sometimes. All things considered this could have gone a lot worse for ya. I think you were mocking yourself more then anyone, which is probably a good attitude to have about it.

Brucker
January 17th, 2014, 02:36 PM
That isn't bad at all, once it heals up it'll hardly be noticeable. Good excuse for that nose job you've been talking about getting for the last year though right? :P

Its definitely crazy how fast stuff heals sometimes. All things considered this could have gone a lot worse for ya. I think you were mocking yourself more then anyone, which is probably a good attitude to have about it.

Could have been a heck of a lot worse, but it sure hurt bad enough for me to never want to do it again. It still hurts wearing a welding helmet but that is something that is getting better daily.

The StRanger
January 17th, 2014, 10:17 PM
That isn't bad at all, once it heals up it'll hardly be noticeable. :P

Its definitely crazy how fast stuff heals sometimes. All things considered this could have gone a lot worse for ya. I

I remember when I slash my face, Ran into a tailpipe in the shop. Thought I would look like that for the rest of my life.
Now that some time has passed it almost looks like a wrinkle.
But I still have the Story ..

CS79bronco
January 17th, 2014, 10:40 PM
I will have a decent scar but was already planning on it. ;)

You can get some scar-reducing cream at Walmart, should either be in the Pharmacy area or cosmetics. Not real cheap for a tube of cream but supposed to really help with scars. Can't remember what it's called.

Brucker
January 17th, 2014, 11:03 PM
You can get some scar-reducing cream at Walmart, should either be in the Pharmacy area or cosmetics. Not real cheap for a tube of cream but supposed to really help with scars. Can't remember what it's called.

Thanks. I was given a pretty detailed list of suggestions to help with the scar tissue. Biggest thing I will have to remember is keeping the area from getting sun burned. Though when I am outside it isn't a huge deal as I am usually wearing a hat.

Hypoid
January 18th, 2014, 06:05 AM
What everyone else said: Ouch! I'm glad you had a speedy recovery.

When I wrecked my bicycle, the ER Doc told me I could see a Plastic Surgeon if my new scars bothered me. He explained the surgeon would cut out the old scar tissue and replace it with smaller, less noticeable scars. Thirty-five years later, still, I like stitches less than the scars. ;)

Native ZJ
January 21st, 2014, 11:26 AM
that will be one bad ass scar

The StRanger
January 21st, 2014, 12:28 PM
Personality !!

Popsgarage
January 22nd, 2014, 09:28 PM
that will be one bad ass scar

Harry Potter-esque!!!!!!!!!!!!

The StRanger
February 1st, 2014, 11:23 PM
Aaron ?

TTBGuy
October 3rd, 2014, 09:19 PM
At least it didn't mess up your beard :D

Brucker
October 5th, 2014, 11:11 PM
At least it didn't mess up your beard :D

Yeah, I am still waiting for the night that I wake up to my wife chopping it off. Amazed she has let me have it this long.

TTBGuy
October 17th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I am still waiting for the night that I wake up to my wife chopping it off. Amazed she has let me have it this long.

My lady would kill me if I got rid of my beard and sometimes I just get tired of the face fuzz lol. Always a losing battle. How does the scar look?

Brucker
October 19th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Healed up well. A lot better than I thought it would, and I haven't really done anything to help it out either. Is it noticeable, yup. Do I care, nope. As a common sticker around the shop states, Chicks Dig Body Damage. And it's not like I was a pretty ******* to begin with...

Best recent photo I could find of myself. It's a few weeks old from when I got to hold the flag at the Broncos'/Chiefs' game:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10609572_705951872832286_1873827534028834226_n.jpg ?oh=635e16412cbe6365170b24a88a9d781b&oe=54F88E8B&__gda__=1425486906_6c63c16106e6671b957e1d64184fdbe a