PDA

View Full Version : Alert Message for Runs Added to the Calendar?

Max
January 12th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Is it possible to sign up for an email alert so when a new run is posted to the calendar you get messaged instantly? Maybe more people could make last minute runs if they knew other people were headed out.

alexb
January 12th, 2014, 10:03 AM
+1

Jim
January 12th, 2014, 10:11 AM
I'll look and search to see if the feature is available, but otherwise, paging Chris to the forum features phone...

Jim
January 12th, 2014, 10:14 AM
What is possible - visit the "Planned trail runs" forum and subscribe to notifications for that forum... It's at least "something" but I don't know if it'll be "instant" enough.

Chris
January 12th, 2014, 11:46 AM
It would be nice but I would be very reluctant to make any changes to the RSVP system since it's already cobbled together and I wouldn't want to break it.

Chris
January 12th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Why not judt subscribe to the Planned Runs Forum? You'd be notified any time a new run (or post) is added.

Max
January 13th, 2014, 07:30 AM
That's an idea, but sometimes a thread isn't even started in there, even for big runs.

Max
February 17th, 2014, 12:41 AM
I subscribed to both trail sub forums but haven't gotten any notifications even though both have had posts in the last few days. Is it working for anyone else?

Jim
February 17th, 2014, 08:33 AM
I'll run a test ?today?

alexb
February 17th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Not working for me.

Jim
February 17th, 2014, 02:20 PM
If anyone wishes to do any testing in the Planning & Planned forums by creating threads - go ahead - but give the thread name something like "test - delete - xyz" and when I see them I'll delete'm.

Fordguy77
February 17th, 2014, 02:30 PM
I've always noticed the notification system is picky about when It sends me an email. Some times I get emails for ever single post or other times I'll get an email for one update and there will be multiple pages of unread posts. Typically thou I get nothing at all.

Tom
February 17th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I get nothin. Subscribed to Jim's test delete and got nothin.

Jim
February 17th, 2014, 04:03 PM
You don't want to subscribe to my test - you want to subscribe to the forum - planning & planned.

I do get notifications for "intro" posts but I did not receive a notification for my test. I have my subscription set to daily updates by e-mail. I'll wish to check the notification settings on my end.

Tom
February 17th, 2014, 04:15 PM
You don't want to subscribe to my test - you want to subscribe to the forum - planning & planned.

I do get notifications for "intro" posts but I did not receive a notification for my test. I have my subscription set to daily updates by e-mail. I'll wish to check the notification settings on my end.have been subscribed to planned and have never rcvd an email notification.

Jim
February 17th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I took a quick look at my subs - and to forum subs - only thread subs were listed. I know my Intro notices came with the admin classification. I'll check more, later today.

Max
May 25th, 2014, 10:11 AM
BTW, this is working now. I've gotten emails about threads started in the Planned Trail Runs forum. Whatever you did... Thanks Jim!

Jim
May 25th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I was curious if you'd notice.

The standard "subscription" process, that each of us as users can control, is not working*. There is an administrative side where I can put e-mail addresses into a forum for notification. That section is working.

So, if anyone would wish to have your e-mail address added to the forum for "planned trail runs", let me know and I'll add it.

* "some day" I'll look into it.

Jim
June 3rd, 2014, 01:11 AM
Instead of staring at the inside of my eyelids...

While I have not rectified the user-maintainable "subscription" process, I have found where I can add e-mail addresses into the system for notification to both the calendar and to a forum.

If you would wish your e-mail address added to either the Planned Runs forum and / or the Calendar, please let me know. Let me know "both" or "which" you'd like to be added to. Also remember that this e-mail address is separate from the address in your profile. If you change your profile address, the notification address does not automagically change - you need to tell me and I'll process that change.

Now, for user-maintainable subscription processing - perhaps for another sleepless night.