PDA

View Full Version : 96 Geo Tracker $1,000

Patrolman
January 3rd, 2014, 08:31 PM
Could be a good little commuter or beater 4wd.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4271277958.html

ctracy5
January 4th, 2014, 02:49 AM
Most Sami parts are bolt on too and the axles aren't to bad to put up front but these have a stronger motor.

zukrider
January 4th, 2014, 08:15 PM
huh? sami parts are not bolt on with tracker/sidekicks. nothing is the same.

ctracy5
January 4th, 2014, 10:21 PM
That just what I have heard, many the parts where interchangeable or easily done with minimal fab, could be wrong never had one just what I have heard, could be nothing more then just the wheel base is the same so the axles are the easiest swap.

zukrider
January 5th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Nope. Unfortunately. The tracker 2 door is 10" longer wheelbase at 90". The track width e is 3" wider as well. So to swap a Sami front axle requires wheel spacers. Far better to use Toy axles of doing a SAS on a tracker. But they are awesome little rigs. My next rig will be a tracker based Truggy.

BLOODBANE
January 5th, 2014, 06:28 PM
All the motors take to bolt into the Samurai is an adapter ring and motor mounts. You use the stock Samurai flywheel and clutch (if you use the sami transmission). you need the wire harness from the donor car and have it cut down and then you splice it into the existing Samurai harness. It is a very simple swap (I just put a 1.6 16v out of a Sidekick, basically the same car) into my 87 Samurai. I had to add a electric fuel pump and it almost doubles the hp from the 1.3's that came in them (60hp from the 1.3 to, I think, 95 out of the 1.6's, stock).

I am looking fr a 2dr. Tracker/Sidekick, but I want the automatic for my buggy build (if the price is right), otherwise I will go 22re with toy tranny and drivetrain (I have a set of Scout 44's i plan on using). With the Toy set up I would still get F.I. and could use things like a Marlin Crawler box. I want an auto though.

ctracy5
January 5th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I have played around with the idea making a mean crawler from a tracker (when I am rich and can afford it :lmao:). I have always like the body on them, and now knowing about the longer and wider base I like them even more.