PDA

View Full Version : Cotopaxi / Waugh Mtn Trails

NMC_EXP
December 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Waugh Mtn is just a bit north of Cotopaxi CO. The DeLorme Atlas shows several roads/trails on the south side of Waugh Mtn including one which crosses over the top and down into the watershed on the north side.

I'm thinking of poking around there. Anyone familiar with that area?

Thanks

Jim

BLOODBANE
December 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
My dad used to be the road foreman for the west end of Fremont. There is a ton of private and school sections (cant drive on now). I used to hunt Waugh (20yrs. ago) a lot when Gosage owned it (the Stirrup Ranch). There is a few trails around, but nothing I would really call technical. Some run up over Black Mountain as well (runs by the old IM Ranch). Been years since I have been up that way, but we own some property fairly close by (have the BLM leases as well)
I drive the white Samurai and my fiancee has the BIG red CJ-7. Wave and if Im paying attention I will give it back.

NMC_EXP
December 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Hello Mark

Thanks for the info. See you are from Canon City as well. I will keep my eyes open for your vehicles. I will be driving the blue FJ60 in my avatar pic.

We are more interested in exploring off the beaten path rather than highly technical stuff/rock crawling for its own sake.

I will take a run up there and look around.

Best regards.

Jim