PDA

View Full Version : Sad day

DHYDR8D
November 25th, 2013, 04:58 PM
:mad: Had a guy run a red light and catch my front bumper...opened up that civic like a tin can. Haha.
It was deemed a total loss due to severe frame damge. I'm now waiting for insurance to make me an offer. I will be buying the "bruise" back and selling it for parts.

BLOODBANE
November 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM
That sucks. If you have receipts, insurance should offer you more (I save all of mine). Effing people though. Just crazy anymore....

Tom
November 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Bummer

DHYDR8D
November 25th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I sent them a $22, 000 invoice for all the custom fabrication.

Dutch
November 25th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Why not just cut the front frame rails off and tube it out? It'd be a shame to lose an LJ, those things are effing sweet.

DHYDR8D
November 25th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I want to use the money to fund the build of the new Jeep

Dutch
November 25th, 2013, 05:50 PM
LJ is way cooler than a JK man, you better be building a wicked Scrambler, Willy's, or FSJ to toss away an LJ. If it wasn't for the kid I'd have much rather bought an LJ to replace my XJ than my JK.

Tom
November 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
LJ is way cooler than a JK man, you better be building a wicked Scrambler, Willy's, or FSJ to toss away an LJ. If it wasn't for the kid I'd have much rather bought an LJ to replace my XJ than my JK.Feeling diss'd. I love my JK. (Only jeep I've ever had) :p

Dutch
November 25th, 2013, 06:47 PM
I own a JK now too, but its my 10th Jeep the 5th type of Jeep, and the 3rd manufacturer. I've owned a CJ2A, an MJ, an XJ (x6), a YJ, and now the JK. That's Willys-Overland, AMC, and Chrysler. Of the Chrysler made Jeeps I've owned all 3 of the Chrysler variants. Chrysler Corp, Daimler-Chrysler AG, and Chrysler LLC. As much as I like the JK, its far from the coolest Jeep iteration produced and actually I feel its pretty far removed from what a Jeep is. Still, they did get a lot right on the basic foundation so I'm mostly happy with it.

Popsgarage
November 25th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Damn, that looks like it left a mark!!!!!

ccbruin
November 25th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I know how it feels, it sucks. Insurance gave me pretty good money for mine surprisingly. several thousands more than what i paid for it

The StRanger
November 25th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Why not just cut the front frame rails off and tube it out? It'd be a shame to lose an LJ, those things are effing sweet.

XS, Clip the front and back on the trail !!

Patrolman
November 25th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I certainly hope everyone was ok based on the damage.

As others said, I would certainly consider tubing the front before I completely dumped it. I am sure you can still walk away with a decent chunk of change.

Cr33p3r
November 26th, 2013, 05:22 AM
That sucks for sure, keep us posted on how it all turns out, glad no one was hurt!

JFjeld
November 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Sorry for your loss. Will be curious to see which direction you go with it.

Java
November 26th, 2013, 08:37 AM
I sent them a $22, 000 invoice for all the custom fabrication. attaboy!! :thumb: I'm glad you weren't hurt, too bad about your awesome Jeep.

Hypoid
November 26th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Indeed, that sucks! It does not take long for a lot of bood, sweat, and tears to go up in smoke. :frown:

DHYDR8D
November 27th, 2013, 12:05 AM
So ... the independent adjuster says my Jeep is worth $35k am
Nd now state farm will FIX IT!! New frame and new everything. See you in 8 weeks baby. Oh my.... this is a nightmare. The engine broke the seal between the crank and the input. The front axle is compromised and the front fenders are ******... the body shop tells me that they WILL give me an incomplete vehicle. Did I mention this is a nightmare. #statefarmsucks

Funrover
November 27th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I am sorry man, I feel pain for you

Popsgarage
November 27th, 2013, 12:51 AM
now state farm will FIX IT!!

Ouch!

Geno
November 27th, 2013, 02:54 AM
I went through close to the deal, when I blew the motor this past spring, my Insurance wanted to total my TJ, well they started at the $$ amount of a stock 2001 TJ, LOL ,well not happy about it, I gave every receipt on upgrades I had. Go get a est. from a shop that you trust to do the work , EVEN if you plan to do the work yourself. You need to have a est. and paperwork and repair $$ amounts to battle out what they will pay for, and how much they will pay for those repairs, and what they wont pay for. They have there $$ amount from there source and I had my $$ amounts from my source, then we battle out what they will repair for how much, take your time and go over everything, twice, because when they settle any extras you find will be hard to add to the repair. Take some of the Jeep apart to see any hidden damage and take pics and send to them or let them come see it for there selves. You have to pass a % of total value if you want it totaled, but remember the higher the value and total amount, the higher the buy back amount will be, Been there done that my 1972 Blazer back in the 1980s.:2c:

Dutch
November 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Why can't you just get the money from State Farm then and do the repairs yourself?

DHYDR8D
November 27th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Why can't you just get the money from State Farm then and do the repairs yourself?
I don't have time to replace a frame...I am booked up until march and getting new jobs every week. Not to mention I'm becoming a dad around Christmas.

Dutch
November 27th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Do you really need to replace the entire frame? I can't imagine that the entire frame is toast from a civic clipping the front bumper. I had a full size Bronco slam into the front passenger corner of a 98 XJ and only the front "frame" rails were damaged well forward of the firewall.

If you're too busy why not at least get the check and have somebody like Crawlertech tube the front frame rails for you?

Or, couldn't you take the money for repairs and still sale or part out the rig? Then you can still get yourself a JK if you really want to.

The StRanger
November 27th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I'm becoming a dad around Christmas.

Congrats !!!
And I know what you mean by way of "no time "

DHYDR8D
January 31st, 2014, 03:11 PM
Welp 3 months and still no Jeep :( Maybe 4 months will be my lucky number...at least its not spring or summer...yet.

Hampton Auto body does not keep a schedule so they "work on when they can" WTF. Spread the word that they have their heads up a very tight orfice.

Popsgarage
January 31st, 2014, 07:20 PM
Welp 3 months and still no Jeep

That sucks! Hopefully they can pull their heads out of said orifice.

The StRanger
January 31st, 2014, 09:14 PM
Well Damn, That SUX !

Jackie
January 31st, 2014, 10:38 PM
If it doesn't come back fixed... Then they didn' fix it. Don' settle for less than honestly "fixed".

Rick
January 31st, 2014, 10:46 PM
Don' settle for less than honestly "fixed".Yep!!!

gm4x4lover
February 1st, 2014, 08:07 AM
Are they paying for a rental through all this time. I would make a point to the insurance company that this is an unexceptable amount of time.

DHYDR8D
February 1st, 2014, 10:22 AM
Are they paying for a rental through all this time. I would make a point to the insurance company that this is an unexceptable amount of time.

I wish it was that easy..statefarm tells me their hands are tied and all scheduling is up to the body shop.
It will be fixed and from the sound and looks of things better than before.

DHYDR8D
February 1st, 2014, 10:30 AM
Too much body lift?:eek:

The StRanger
February 1st, 2014, 10:43 AM
Yup. Been there done that
Last frame swap I did payed at 40 somthin hours
Its a lot of work..

TTBGuy
September 10th, 2014, 06:52 PM
I went through close to the deal, when I blew the motor this past spring, my Insurance wanted to total my TJ, well they started at the $$ amount of a stock 2001 TJ, LOL ,well not happy about it, I gave every receipt on upgrades I had. Go get a est. from a shop that you trust to do the work , EVEN if you plan to do the work yourself. You need to have a est. and paperwork and repair $$ amounts to battle out what they will pay for, and how much they will pay for those repairs, and what they wont pay for. They have there $$ amount from there source and I had my $$ amounts from my source, then we battle out what they will repair for how much, take your time and go over everything, twice, because when they settle any extras you find will be hard to add to the repair. Take some of the Jeep apart to see any hidden damage and take pics and send to them or let them come see it for there selves. You have to pass a % of total value if you want it totaled, but remember the higher the value and total amount, the higher the buy back amount will be, Been there done that my 1972 Blazer back in the 1980s.:2c:

This is good advice, I used to be a parts ordering guy at a body shop and there is a LOT of battle that can be done with insurance companies. It takes time, blood sweat, tears and at times loud voices but it can be done. Try to make sure they don't stiff you with cheap aftermarket stuff etc.... get it done right!