PDA

View Full Version : 04 chevy silverado questions

thorsbeans
October 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 6 inch Pro Comp lift with 35's. All I have done is put an AEM cold air intake, and a straight pipe exhaust (I don’t have a muffler). I have some questions to improve on my truck.

1. My front right tire rubs only when I am backing up and when I have the wheel completely turned to the right. It doesn’t rub any other way. I have the torsion bars cranked as far as they can go, and I am out of options left.

2. My leaf springs in the rear are sagging with the add-a-leaf that came with the lift. I have the stock leafs with the add-a-leaf, and I have a 4 inch block underneath. I am wanting to put 2500 leaf springs to prevent the sag. Is this feasible, or should I look into a different option?

3. I am wanting to get my truck back to stock, so I want to put 4:10 gears in it. This is my daily driver, so I do not want to put the 4:56’s in with highway driving. Will 4.10 get me where I want it?

4. I am looking into performance tuning, and I don’t know where to look. What is the best tune for my truck, without putting my truck in a position that would destroy it.

What should I do in these four cases??? Thanks

Robert B
October 2nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
1-- have you checked the height at each corner ??? sometimes it will lean one way just enough to cause the rub 2-- atm im not sure you have to see how much arch and weight they are rated for and the best is just to try em if you can find a junkyard set for cheap ideally 3-- my truck on 35S (really 34 inches tall >< ) with 4.10 and a 27% OD does fine on the highway I just need more HP personally but it will do 95 at about 3000 rpm (ive been there) 4-- depends what you want to tune it for exactly and then I don't know too much to help there anyway

thorsbeans
October 3rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
The height is all the same on each corner, so I will have to dive deeper into the problem.

I am considering getting a 5 inch block for the leaf issue or try to get new 1500 leaf springs, or try the 2500 leafs. I'm not sure which would be the best option to keep a comfortable daily driver.

And for the tune I am wanting more overall horsepower and torque.

Hypoid
October 3rd, 2013, 11:50 PM
Blocks are the DEVIL!!!

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/b/0/b0202_ORIG-thWaterboy_Mom.gif

southpaws3
October 4th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Like big rob said double check the turning w/ the truck in the air w/ the weight on jack stands (frame) left to right , then on the tires same same check the alignment bolts top control arms . as for the gears 4.56 w/ a 4l60e tranny w/ 35s are good it will keep the tranny from working harder -4l60e are pricey- put a larger tranny cooler on that tranny KEEP IT AS COOL AS POSSIBLE.. as for springs call big rob or bill Englewood drive shaft he has (or used to )a old set of 3/4 springs of mine 3037810554....7192166383 don't forget you can do a shackle flip w/ 3/4 springs and get rid of the block ...good luck

gm4x4lover
October 5th, 2013, 06:27 PM
1. What does the tire rub on? You may have bushing play or need to trim alittle bit. Also I belive those trucks have an adjustable steering stopper on the knuckle.

2. I would either replace the springs with aftermarket lift springs or build a ******* pack with a 2500 second leaf.

3. I would do 4.56's. 4.10's on stock tires felt right. Again if you are running against your converter a lot its gonna build a lot of heat. And that will ruin the transmission in no time.

4. Efi live, superchips cortex are 2 good tuners that come to mind.