PDA

View Full Version : The FULL SIZE is here again

85FSBronco
April 3rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
What's up to all. Its good to see everyone here again. Once again the name is Happy, I own the FULL SIZE of the crew, an 1985 Ford Bronco.

bskey
April 4th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Good to see you back with that beast!

KnuckleHead
April 6th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Well I hit up the junk yard today and got the new/used harmanic ballencer plus a couple of other good finds. 1) a bumper/grill gaurd 2) a bed tool box from an older ford that suprisingly fit the beast. I'll post pics of them later. So I just got done outting on the ballencer and she starts up fine and seems to be running fine for the min it was running. Its 1230 am now, so I'll be taking it out for the test drive later. I'll post back and let you all know how it goes. Keep those fingers crossed.

KnuckleHead
April 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Well here the final on the beast. After doing some touch up things I took it for a test drive and guess what, it's back up and running. I also got the bumper on and took some pics but my computer seems to be having a problem right now so I'll post the pics when I can.

KnuckleHead
April 6th, 2008, 11:19 PM
K I got the pics off the new bumper and tool box. The tool box is in to show the fitment and style. I still have to finish the top and roll bar for the bed before I can permently put it in. Let me know what you think.

KnuckleHead
April 20th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Well I picked up the new rig today. I needed to get one that wouldn't kill me in gas. So I traded the Honda I for this 84 Ford Ranger 4x4. I picked it up from Wadsworth and C-470. The drive back to Aurora was good. Did notice a little drag, the e-brake was stuck, now fixed. I'll be getting a tag for it on Monday and will beable to get a better judgement on how the truck is once driven more.

Patrolman
April 20th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Like the tool box on the Bronco. Nice to have something to lock stuff in when driving an open truck. Wish my 4Runner had something to lock stuff up.

The little Ranger should serve you well! Nice little rig for errands and commuting!

Chris
April 25th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Let's hear about the Ranger! Which are you going to take on our next run?

Brody
April 26th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Nice to see that you are making progress! The Ranger is a decent truck, too.

A suggestion: When I put the tool box in the back of a short bed, in order to gain a little more room, I used aluminum angle or square stock to raise the box up higher. I did that on the Toy and on the 69 Bronco I had. A little harder to get in to, but the extra room is nice.

Keep posting pictures!

KnuckleHead
April 28th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Well I've been looking over the Ranger and have only found one little problem. The drivers floor board is badly rusted. It is starting to break though with two little holes. Nothing that can't be fixed. It has the 2.8L V-6 2bl carb, 5 speed manual, 8.8 rear end, manual locking hubs, sliding rear window. Over all it seems to be doing very well. I've been driving it for about two weeks now with no problems. I have yet to test out the 4x, but that time is coming. I sold the ladder rack and put in a bed bar with 2 6" lights this weekend. I still have to get things wired up. Oh and the radio went in this weekend also. As for what truck I will be using on the trial clean up and maybe a small short run is going to be the Ranger. I want to bring out the big boy but with the price of gas I think I'll wait. I might even look into seeing what parts I can use of the Bronco and put them on the Ranger and sell the rest of the truck. It just cost to much to keep gas in it. Here are a couple of new pics.

Funrover
April 28th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Bummer about the big boy, but at least you can still go wheeling!

Brody
April 29th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Hi

Looking good!

Check out the gas saving tips, along with the article on the PCV valve filter that I have posted. I am posting another one today. You will pick up some mileage. Also google 'brown's gas' for some more gas saving tips. Most of the 'brown's gas' stuff actually works better on carbed vehicles, too.

KnuckleHead
May 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Got a few new pics of the Ranger. I got the grill gaurd/bumper from the junk yard off of a 92 Explorer for 17 bucks. The bumper didn't just bolt on, I had to drill some new holes for the bolts. It looks better than the crome one that it came with, also matches the black rear bumper. Also picked up a new grill seeing as the other one had a big hole in it.