PDA

View Full Version : Adopt-a-Trail

Chris
April 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
We've agreed with the Forest Service to adopt Barbour Forks Road since that's where they need the most help right now. Since this is our way of saying "thanks" for all they go for us I'm happy to oblige as all of you are as well I'm sure.

These are the dates we've agreed upon:
June 21, 2008
July 19, 2008
August 23, 2008

Chris
April 5th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Who plans on making it for the June 21 date?

KnuckleHead
April 6th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I'm going to try and make this one. You think even if I don't have my front gears done by then I could make the trail? Or would it be better to maybe meet up that way and ride with someone?

Chris
April 7th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I haven't ever been there but it's said to be a very easy trail, stockers would be fine so you'll be fine. It will be fun to give a bit back to the FS.

KnuckleHead
April 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Thats a good thing. I'm going to try and get the gears done by then but you never know what might come up or if it will happen by then. Ok next ?, where is it located? About how far from the Denver area is it. Trying to make a plan here so I know what I'll need to make it there and back.

Chris
April 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
It's by Alice/Central City so it's pretty close. There are a few of us in Aurora that should be going. Haven't heard but I think there will be and you could always hitch a ride if it comes down to that.

Pathrat
April 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM
If I am in town, sure. I have never done a trail clean up.

KnuckleHead
April 7th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I should beable to make that. I talked the girl into going with also so that makes 2 from here. When it gets closer to the time we can pick somewhere to meet up and just convoy it.

Chris
April 7th, 2008, 09:26 PM
If I am in town, sure. I have never done a trail clean up.

Mark your calendar! :thunb:

It's a real feel good thing to give back to the Forest Service, good to have them appreciate our efforts and results in exchange for what they do for us.

KnuckleHead
April 7th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Do we have a set time yet or is that still in the works?

Chris
April 7th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Waiting to talk to the FS when we get closer but it'll probably be a 9am start.

Brody
April 10th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Me and maybe LaDawn if she isn't working. I have been picking up burlap bags for the trail clean up from the smaller coffee shops and from the DazBog warehouse outlet. So far I have 11 bags I think and Kaladi Brothers coffee on Evans is holding all the bags for me until I say stop. I will bring them along on the next trail run and whoever shows up will get one. If you show up real ugly like, you will be asked to wear it on your head...

Smaller coffee shops are the ticket as most of them grind their own coffee and are run by folks who like the environment, especially a clean one. So if you stop somewhere for coffee, especially someplace non Starbucks, ask for some bags and tell the folks what you need them for. Be sure to mention that you are involved with a 4x4 group and which one. A lot of these people hike/bike , etc and have a bad idea of 4 wheelers, so promoting wheeling and cleaning up trails will go a long way.Tell them that we will for sure post a nice thank you on our site mentioning their coffee shop.

Chris
April 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Good stuff there Pete, thanks!
Except the "real ugly" part! :lol:

I also like to let all sorts of people know about the good stuff we (responsible wheelers) do. :thunb:

Chris
May 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
There's still plenty of time to plan for this important event. I moved it back to stick to remind everyone to mark their calendars!

:thunb:

Tye
May 9th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Count us in ... Gotta give back and better way.