PDA

View Full Version : 1991 jeep cherokee xj , no dash lights, radio, clk

Coonburger
July 30th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Yesterday the jeep suddenly lost dash lights radio and the dash clock. I checked the fuses everything is fine. The tail lights still work. Kindof stumped figured there would be a blown fuse to direct me where to look.

Clickpopboom
July 30th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Yesterday the jeep suddenly lost dash lights radio and the dash clock. I checked the fuses everything is fine. The tail lights still work. Kindof stumped figured there would be a blown fuse to direct me where to look.

Should be 2 fuses for that circuit- one in the cab and one under the hood.

Rick
July 30th, 2013, 10:38 AM
one in the cab and one under the hood.X2,I know my trucks are that way

Popsgarage
July 30th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Only a small possibility, but it could be a fusible link somewhere under the hood.

The StRanger
July 31st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Pick up a manual with wiring charts
Find a common and look there !

glacierpaul
August 1st, 2013, 06:11 AM
If the fuses are good, could be critter trouble or loose wire or cut/burned thru wire. Had them all :)

Clickpopboom
August 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM
If you can shoot me a message with your email address before I leave work at 5:15ish I will send you the diagram for the radio/clock wiring.

Coonburger
August 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM
k update i went behind the dash and everything is working including the cirgerette lighter, besides the clock and the radio i double checked the radio fuse and the power clock fuse and good. the pwr attena fuse was blown replaced that no difference.

Coonburger
August 1st, 2013, 06:54 PM
turned out to be all things the dome light fuse. now to get the power seats working.

Clickpopboom
August 2nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
turned out to be all things the dome light fuse. now to get the power seats working.

I noticed on that diagram that the domelight ties into the other power supplies.