PDA

View Full Version : Shane57 WJ Lift

Shane
March 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Well Got a phone call from the wife when I was driving back from the springs saying that I had some packages. The only think that I was expecting is my lift for the jeep.
Got home and all there was the new insulators and the SS. Hopefully the rest shows up this week by Friday looking forward to getting it on her.

Jackie
March 13th, 2013, 07:29 PM
:thumb:

The StRanger
March 13th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Sweet !

88Toy
March 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Keep us posted!

Shane
March 14th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I will, no new boxes today though kinda bummed was hoping to get started.

ctracy5
March 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I will, no new boxes today though kinda bummed was hoping to get started.

Tell me about it, I am still waiting my new front brake lines.

You could always be like me and take your rig apart a week before you get your parts lol.

Shane
March 15th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I have thought about having it ready, but I dont want to drive our civic. Did get some stickers today from Chris though. Thanks Chris.

Chris
March 15th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Looking good Shane! Glad you got the stickers!

glacierpaul
March 16th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Nice!

ctracy5
March 16th, 2013, 08:15 AM
When you see the trooper you will find that I like stickers :D

Shane
March 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Front speings showed up today, just waiting on the rear springs and shocks. Hopefully they show up before Thursday.:D

Shane
April 24th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Finaly got some time to post up some new pics. Here is the ride height before the springs.

Shane
April 24th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Was so glad to finally get all the parts I forgot to take alot of pics. Here is the left front with the new spring and shock. I did not take any of the rear.

Shane
April 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Here is some pics with the new springs installed.

Shane
April 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Started working 2 jobs again, started over at Buds Muffler again a couple of weeks ago and during one of our slow days due to the snow decided to put a 3" exhaust from the y-pipe back. Sounds pretty good for a knock off Magnaflow It is a Street Max which is a Allied brand.

glacierpaul
April 25th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Sweeet!!

Funrover
April 25th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Nice!

xaza
April 25th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Very nice. I know where to get my exhaust done now. Am going to be needing a new exhaust on my ZJ from front to rear. Do you get good prices on headers?

Shane
April 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Very nice. I know where to get my exhaust done now. Am going to be needing a new exhaust on my ZJ from front to rear. Do you get good prices on headers?
Is there a specific brand you are looking for? I am trying to talk the owner into giving members a discount.

Shane
April 27th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Finally had time to take care of the dents on the drivers front fender and drivers rear wheel wheel. Next I am going to remove both bumpers and put some bed liner on them. Debaiting on whether I will remove the side panels and bed line them or just remove them and bed line were the panels would go not sure yet.

Shane
May 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Here is the first draft of the sliders I was thinking of building. There are a few things that I could use some opinions on. First should I stay with the 2x2 tubing or use something smaller to slide into the 2x4 slider. Second would it be better to just use 4 grade 8 bolts or just weld it? Any input would be great.

Shane
May 6th, 2013, 07:59 PM
this pic may be better

CS79bronco
May 6th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I would stay with the 2x2. Personally I don't like things welded to the frame. If you ever want to remove them for whatever reason they will be really hard to get off.

Shane
May 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM
I really did not want to weld to the frame just wasn't sure the best mount options. I think it would be ok using 5" grade 8 bolt and drilling holes through the 3x3 mounting plate and frame the frame rails are 4" wide. Thanks for the input.

glacierpaul
May 7th, 2013, 07:44 AM
I would always bolt a frame, then if you need to fix, a plate welds over the holes. just my :2c: Look forward to the build!

ctracy5
May 7th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Great job on the body work

xaza
May 7th, 2013, 07:06 PM
If you do bolt through the frame I highly recommend some sort of spacer inserted into frame to prevent from pinching it. You will need a slightly larger hole on one side to be able to insert spacer. Truck is lookin good.

Rick
May 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
I highly recommend some sort of spacer inserted into frame to prevent from pinching it.X2!

Shane
May 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I was thinking about that when I got home today. I pulled of the lower plastic cover to measure the pinch seam and just when I thought I had all of my body work done I found this on the pass rear.

Shane
May 7th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Back to making a spacer. I was thinking that if I used 3/16" 3x3 for the foot plate for the braces could I use the same size plate on the inside of the frame rail? I was thinking about drilling one 3/4" hole then welding the grade 8 bolt to the brace plate so that way if I ever had to remove them it would just unbolt. Any thoughts. If that would not be a good idea were would be a place to find a spacer for the bolt to pass through?

Java
May 7th, 2013, 08:30 PM
IMO I'd weld it to the frame. For sure it would be harder to remove them in the off chance you needed to remove your sliders- I can't think of anything offhand aside from damage repair that would require you to- but they'd be so much stronger welded than bolted. Gussets too, again just IMO.

Shane
May 7th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Great job on the body work
Thanks, all that is left to do is some bedcoat lining on it. apparently the factory paint color seems to cause everyone problems when they spray it it turns out to light or to dark.

Rick
May 7th, 2013, 10:20 PM
IMO I'd weld it to the frame. For sure it would be harder to remove them in the off chance you needed to remove your sliders- I can't think of anything offhand aside from damage repair that would require you to- but they'd be so much stronger welded than bolted. Gussets too, again just IMO.I agree with Paul but sounds like you dont want to weld them on,Why not?

Shane
May 7th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I have been thinking about this most of the evening and will probably end up welding them to the frame. I was looking on the inside frame rails again and with the lines that attached to the frame rail it will be easier to just weld them on. I origonally did not want to weld them on in case i ever had to remove them for any reason. But hey that's what they make grinders for right :D.

Rick
May 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM
But hey that's what they make grinders for right .That is correct