PDA

View Full Version : Steering rack bushings- 98 4runner

98Evergreen
January 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM
So I need help with what seems to be a pretty simple fix. I live in an apartment so I don't have the resources to do it myself. I ordered the bushing kit from Wheelers Of road and looking for someone to install for me. Will pay cash/beer/whatever. I live in Broomfield but willing to drive a bit. There are a bunch of write ups online if you want to see the difficulty level.

Metalhed
January 12th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Does the Apt Complex not allow repairs?? This is about a two hour job. Not too hard. There are two steps that were a pain-- Getting the bolt out and back in that goes straight down into the cross member and pressing out the main bushing.

98Evergreen
January 12th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Ya I already got a warning when I was working on the stereo, so am trying to avoid more trouble. Also don't have a jack and jack stands which I heard make it a lot easier.

scout man
January 12th, 2013, 04:16 PM
got in trouble working on the stereo?!?!? Thats ridiculous! I mean, I got in trouble all the time when I was in an apartment, but a stereo is all interior work. Thats nuts. I got in the most trouble when I took the top off the scout in the parking lot and took a wire wheel to the entire interior to strip it to bare metal. They didnt like that much.

I would be willing to help you out with it, but I am no where near you, so I am guessing you will find someone closer.