PDA

View Full Version : new rear bumper

scout man
December 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
So I bought a bunch of steel to make a new front bumper for my DD, and I wasnt in the mood to tackle it yet, so instead I made a rear bumper! Front bumper to come soon.

So here is my new rear bumper for my truck. Took me 2.5 days, which is much faster than past bumpers (been working on speeding up my fab). I am really happy with how it turned out, especially since I didnt really have a plan of any kind ahead of time, since this was a unplanned project.

(includes some lights from Serious Offroad, which shipped here incredibly fast.)

yea yea yea, I know my truck needs washed. Black truck on a gravel road was NOT a good idea!

Rob
December 2nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Nice work. Looks good.

Dirt Claude
December 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Bumper looks great Steve!

Chris
December 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Looking good Steve, save washing the truck til Spring!

Patrolman
December 2nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Nice work! That will last longer than the truck!

Rick
December 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
looks Great!!!!!

CS79bronco
December 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
Looks really good! Like the lights in there all safe from rocks & trees. Could you add a bolt or pin in the notches on the corners for recovery points? Might not be strong enough out on the ends though?

scout man
December 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Not curently strong enough for that, but could be easily made that way if I wanted it to be. This truck will never see trails though, just a DD and tow rig.

glacierpaul
December 3rd, 2012, 05:16 AM
Nice Steve! I could see that on my Ford.....:)

scout man
December 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
I better not see it on your Ford, or I am going to steal it back! :D

I will make you one though!!

Funrover
December 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Looks good!

Cr33p3r
December 4th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Turned out nice Steve! Like the steps on the outer corners!

scout man
December 4th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks Sean! Those were the most challenging thing I have ever fabbed actually. Complex angles in every direction you can imagine. Glad I took the effort though, I like the look and I learned a bit in the process. First one turned out slightly crooked, but the second one turned out nice. Ill take it.

Brad
December 4th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Great work Steve! :thumb: