PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Wrangler Basic Lift Kit and Installation

Tom
October 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM
So I'm thinking of upgrading my tires to 33's this spring and in the process possibly doing an easy basic lift on my '12 wrangler. I'm looking athttp://www.quadratec.com/products/16031_4300.htm because I want something a little better than spacers on the front. Does anyone have any experience doing their own lift and with Rancho kits in particular? Should I hire someone to install it? Is it something I can do? I've not done much mechanical work on a vehicle since the early 80's. At that point I installed heavy duty torsion bars and an extra spring leaf in my 1989 Chevy Luv 4x4.

Does anyone know if the 255/80R17 Mud Terrain TAs will fit on a non modified 2012 wrangler. They are the same width as the stock tire and only 1 inch taller. I'm thinking they will and if

cfr
October 22nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Having been down the modified JK path, here's my take. Decide right now if you're going to "go big". If so, do it, do it right, and do it once. If not, stay low and stick to your plan.

You can do up to 35s with no lift. Get on jkowners.com and look for posts from planman. Talk to SCRubicon here. He returned his to a stock suspension.

IMHO, the first mod any JK owner should do is flip the steering stabilizer and get it out of the way (I speak from experience. D'oh!).