PDA

View Full Version : New SWAT truck for Boulder County Sheriff

cfr
June 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Read the story here. Will be on display in Boulder on Tuesday the 19th.

Boulder County sheriff buys new armored vehicle with Homeland Security grant - Longmont Times-Call (http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local-news/ci_20856056/boulder-county-sheriffs-office-buys-new-armored-vehicle)

Looks like this one,

Lenco Armored Vehicles - Protecting Our Nation's Defenders™ (http://armoredtrucks.com/bcat-g3.aspx)

Will take a .50-cal round. Wonder if those are run-flat tires.

scout man
June 14th, 2012, 09:39 PM
glad they noted that the vehicle which can withstand a .50 cal round can also withstand a bottle or brick thrown at it. I thought maybe that was its one weakness. :rolleyes:

Rob
June 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM
:lmao:

Damn, Steve, I guess I could have edited that story better, but I was really busy today.

RockyMtnHigh
I thought maybe that was its one weakness. :rolleyes:

Someone ought to smack the Editor of the Times Call in the back of the head! <cough>Rob<cough> :lmao:

Rob
Beat you to it, Jock. :)

RockyMtnHigh
June 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Beat you to it, Jock. :)

Yeah you did, I hit the post button a little too slow, damn phone here at work rang and distracted me!

scout man
June 14th, 2012, 10:02 PM
haha, I didnt even look to see who published that article. I didnt mean to call you out Rob, at least not on accident! :D

Beefy's Girl
June 15th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Very cool! I'll actually be there for training during the time it is on display. If I can I'll try and snap some pictures of it and post them up.

Chris
June 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Can you slap a Front Range sticker on it while you're there? :D

Java
June 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
it's cool for sure, but what are they going to do with it? Boulder County must be a lot rougher than I thought!!

Brody
June 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Well, with something like that coming your way, if you don't have your handy dandy LAW with you, you had best book...Why waste .50 rounds? And, if your are really stupid enough to stand around and throw bricks at a rig like this or a Striker, then Darwin is going to raise his head and sort you out...

Hypoid
June 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Boulder County must be a lot rougher than I thought!!Don't be mislead by the drum circles. ;)